Windows 10: News about Avast Antivirus

Discus and support News about Avast Antivirus in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Just a heads up...... One of the most popular antivirus companies in the world sells people’s sensitive data in a way that can put their privacy at... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Jacee, Jan 31, 2020.

1. Jacee Win User

News about Avast Antivirus

Just a heads up......

This is how a popular free antivirus program sells your data - MIT Technology Review

:)

Jacee, Jan 31, 2020

2. Avast antivirus

If you have Windows 10, then you have Windows 10 Defender which provides
    the same level of protection against malware as Microsoft Security Essentials (MSE) provides on older operation systems
    plus
    enhanced protection against rootkits and bootkits
    . If you have
    Windows 10 Anniversary update, it includes
    Limited Periodic Scanning
    and allows you to also use a third party anti-virus program as your primary protection.

Starting with Windows 10 Creators Update, Windows Defender is called

Windows Defender Antivirus
    ...it includes always-on protection which consists of real-time protection, behavior monitoring and heuristics to identify and block malware based on known suspicious and malicious activity. Windows
    Defender Antivirus Creators Update is also compatible with any third-party anti-virus.

Starting with Windows 10 Fall Creators Update,
    Windows Defender Antivirus
    includes
    Exploit Guard
    with four components of new intrusion prevention capabilities designed to lock down a system against various attack vectors and block behaviors commonly used in malware attacks before any damage
    can be done. Windows Defender EG is intended to replace Microsoft’s EMET which was confusing to novice users and allowed hackers to bypass because the mitigations were not durable and often caused operating system and application stability issues as explained

here

You do not need avast! Antivirus which has been becoming more of a disappointment for the past several years and I no longer recommend it.

Further, avast! pushes a support package for $180 offered by a third party which prefers to take remote control of your computer in order to fix problems.

quietman7 - MVP, Jan 31, 2020
  3. Le Boule Win User
    Avast Antivirus

If you've previously encountered issues with Malwarebytes then you may want to avoid using it.

If Avast and Adwcleaner find no malware issues then you may have eliminated any problems though the use of "Torrents" may expose your computer to additional risks.

Other scanners that may help with malware issues are listed at

List
    of Malware Removal Tools

Good luck...

Le Boule, Jan 31, 2020
  4. News about Avast Antivirus

Avast Antivirus

Hi,

Stop Avast and then uninstall it in Programs and Features - then run the

Avast Uninstall Utility.

Contact Avast Support and their forums.

Avast - Support

http://www.avast.com/support

Avast - Forums

Avast WEBforum - Index

Avast - Uninstall Utility

Avast Uninstall Utility | Download aswClear for Avast Removal

List of anti-malware program cleanup/uninstall tools

List of anti-malware product removal tools

Uninstallers (removal tools) for common antivirus software

http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN146

Hope this helps.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rob Brown -
    Microsoft MVP
    <- profile - Windows Experience : Bicycle - Mark Twain said it right.
    !

SpiritX MS MVP, Jan 31, 2020
Thema:

News about Avast Antivirus

1. News about Avast Antivirus - Similar Threads - News Avast Antivirus

2. Avast, the worst antivirus

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Avast, the worst antivirus: Avast is the worstsoftware i had ever seen........ it has two versions - one isfree version and the other is the paid version. If you go for the paid version, then it will work absoulutely fine. But if for the free, it will make your laptop or pc the worst. Your system...
  3. Avast, the worst antivirus and software

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Avast, the worst antivirus and software: Avast is the worstsoftware i had ever seen........ it has two versions - one isfree version and the other is the paid version. If you go for the paid version, then it will work absoulutely fine. But if for the free, it will make your laptop or pc the worst. Your system...
  4. avast antivirus clear uninstall

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    avast antivirus clear uninstall: Every time i turn my pc on it ask me to choose a operating system how do i remove the avast antivirus clear uninstall option?[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/avast-antivirus-clear-uninstall/00443096-023a-4461-8097-fd439d7dea41
  5. Avast AntiVirus Bug

in Windows 10 Customization
    Avast AntiVirus Bug: Hi team, I have been facing this problem from yesterday, Avast anti virus installing automatically , I didn't even download the setup and I am pretty much sure I uninstalled the Anti virus yesterday but When I logged in today the anti virus program was there , I have Mcfee...
  6. uninstall avast free antivirus

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    uninstall avast free antivirus: I have windows 10. I recently uninstalled avast free antivirus. When I looked at windows defender firewall it stated it was under the control of avast and could not be activated. I done a search on C: and found many avast files remaining. I have used the avast removal tool...
  7. Is Avast a safe Antivirus?

Is Avast a safe Antivirus?: I recently found a free antivirus software called Avast. I'm just wondering if it is safe to install and if it is worth it. If you can, please answer ASAP. My McAfee is running out. I have seen other users encounter BSoD(STOP) errors and viruses that made its way onto the...
  8. Avast antivirus solution

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Avast antivirus solution: How Can I Fix Avast Antivirus Error 7? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/avast-antivirus-solution/9cef230e-4f8d-45ca-ab3e-dc847220bc28
  9. Avast Antivirus Problem

Avast Antivirus Problem: Hi, I have a desktop PC and recently installed windows10 OS Then when that was up and running I went to install an antivirus. I wasn't aware that Windows Defender was part of the package and so I went to look for an antivirus program. I like Chome browser and read that...
  10. Latest version of Avast Antivirus

Latest version of Avast Antivirus: Latest Version of Avast Antivirus Released [img] Information WHQL Version: 17.7.2314 (free version) Release Date: October 4th 2017 Release Notes What's new: - New Webcam Shield stops hackers from hijacking your webcam to spy on you (Premier only) -...