Windows 10: news and interest has a problem with icon

Discus and support news and interest has a problem with icon in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, since update was installed, the toolbar news and interest has a problem with icon. the icon is always this and don't automatically appear... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by colin46, Jun 24, 2021.

1. colin46 Win User

news and interest has a problem with icon

Hello, since update was installed, the toolbar news and interest has a problem with icon. the icon is always this and don't automatically appear weather icon with temperature but if i hover on taskbar. Can i resolve this problem? thanks

:)

colin46, Jun 24, 2021

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jun 24, 2021
  3. Win 10 Icons problem!

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty with the problem.

• Are you trying to hide icon in the task bar.

If yes I suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Type in search bar “Turn system icons On or Off”.
    • Select the option “Turn system icons On or Off”.
    • Turn off the icons which you want to hide.

Hope this helps, if the issue persists do get back to us we will be glad to help you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Jun 24, 2021
  4. W1zzard Win User

Techpowerup bookmark icon in firefox?

changed the favicon for the forum
    uploaded a new smaller (bytes) icon for the main site
    added html code to suggest the icon to browsers

but i still cant get it to show up in firefox favourites

W1zzard, Jun 24, 2021
Thema:

1. news and interest has a problem with icon - Similar Threads - news interest has

2. News and interests icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    News and interests icon: Previously, I added to another thread my question about how to restrict the News and interests icon to showing just the weather -- not the stock market. I didn't get any answers. But now it has started showing just the icon i.e., the nature of the weather but not the...
  3. News and interests icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    News and interests icon: Previously, I added to another thread my question about how to restrict the News and interests icon to showing just the weather -- not the stock market. I didn't get any answers. But now it has started showing just the icon i.e., the nature of the weather but not the...
  4. News and interests icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. News And Interests Icon Changed To A Generic Icon

in Windows 10 Support
    News And Interests Icon Changed To A Generic Icon: Noticed today that on all my Windows 10 machines the news and interests icon has changed to a generic icon. Doesn't show the sun or clouds anymore. Is it just me ? 183118
  6. News and Interests ‘Weather Icon’ change

News and Interests ‘Weather Icon’ change: Windows 10 Pro 21H1 (19043.1081) Has anyone had the Weather Icon change and do nothing recently? This morning my icon changed to that in the image below and started to corrupt the Notification icons. The Notification Area corruption issue apparently is a known issue and MS...
  7. No weather icon for "News & Interests" on taskbar

No weather icon for "News & Interests" on taskbar: Since the last Windows 10 Professional update I got the new "News and Interests" feature, but when enabling it and enabling either "N&I->Show icon and text" or "N&I->Show icon only" I cannot see the weather icon on the task bar. I only see the test message when selecting...
  8. news and interests

news and interests: Thanks MS for the news & interests sarcasm... I have a metered connection and just what I need is something else to use my limited data. * Moved from Community Participation Center...
  9. news and interests

news and interests: cant see news and interests in taskbar menu or it's setting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/news-and-interests/ddb92275-3860-45e7-935b-1b660312cf97
  10. News and Interest icon is blur

News and Interest icon is blur: Hi community,I discovered a problem with news and interests ,the problem is the icon is blur and i dont think it shld be like that . Can anyone help me with this . you can get to know the detail in the screenshot below.Regards ,Manas...