Windows 10: News and Interest not visible in taskbar after update.

Discus and support News and Interest not visible in taskbar after update. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all!I just updated to the latest version of windows 10 version 20H2, i.e., 19042.964. This update was supposed to come with the news and interests... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AmalThomas2, Apr 29, 2021.

1. News and Interest not visible in taskbar after update.

Hi all!I just updated to the latest version of windows 10 version 20H2, i.e., 19042.964. This update was supposed to come with the news and interests feature. However, after the reboot, it was not present in the taskbar.Any help would be highly appreciated.

:)

AmalThomas2, Apr 29, 2021

2. taskbar not visible

I installed a new monitor. The taskbar is not visible. Help...

BonnieReed1, Apr 29, 2021
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Notification icons visibility dependet on taskbar width?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

It is very unusual that you the Notification icons doesn’t show up in the system tray properly. I have tried to reproduce the same on my computer with 13 icons in the system tray and I was able to see all the 13 icons with the minimum width of the
    Taskbar.

As this is not working in your case, we would like to know the details requested below:

• Which version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer currently? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.
    • What is the make and model of the computer?

However, we can try few troubleshooting steps and check if the issue persists.

Method 1: Update display drivers

I suggest you to try updating display drivers and check. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + X, and select
      Device Manager.
    2. Expand Display adapters.
    3. Right click on the display
      device
      and select Update Driver.

Article for reference:
    Update drivers in Windows 10

Method 2: Change display resolution

I would suggest you to try changing the display resolution and see if the all notification icons are visible. To change the resolution go to
    Start >> Settings >> System >> Display.

Method 3: Re-register Start Menu and Taskbar

Try re-registering the Start Menu by using PowerShell commands and see if that helps.

1. Press Windows + X keys together and click on
      Windows PowerShell (Admin)
    2. Now type in the following command and hit
      Enter
      to re-register Start Menu: Get-appxpackage -all *shellexperience* -packagetype bundle |% {add-appxpackage -register -disabledevelopmentmode ($_.installlocation + “\appxmetadata\appxbundlemanifest.xml”)}
    3. Restart the PC.

Method 4: New User account

Create a new user account to isolate the issue related to user account corruption. Refer the article

Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

I would also suggest you to install all the pending updates on the computer. Go to
    Start >> Settings >> Update & Security >> Windows Update >> Check for updates.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 29, 2021
  4. News and Interest not visible in taskbar after update.

toggle to switch taskbar location from bottom to right and back

'particular monitor/screen and visible unlocked taskbar' No, my taskbar is normally locked - I would need to include the unlocking step. I already use many Autohotkey applications - mostly for entering scraps of text.
    Forgive me for quoting the wrong program 'AutoIT' when you suggested AutoHotKey. MouseClickDrag looks daunting but 'feasible' - worth a try - but not tonight.

Sebastian42, Apr 29, 2021
Thema:

News and Interest not visible in taskbar after update.

1. News and Interest not visible in taskbar after update. - Similar Threads - News Interest visible

2. News and Interests in taskbar not auto updating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    News and Interests in taskbar not auto updating: I have to manually click the refresh button for anything to update. Very annoying. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/news-and-interests-in-taskbar-not-auto-updating/066738ab-7770-4c91-afc9-7f82dc8e334f
  3. News and Interests in taskbar not auto updating

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    News and Interests in taskbar not auto updating: I have to manually click the refresh button for anything to update. Very annoying. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/news-and-interests-in-taskbar-not-auto-updating/066738ab-7770-4c91-afc9-7f82dc8e334f
  4. News and Interests in taskbar not auto updating

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. News and Interests Widget blank on taskbar

News and Interests Widget blank on taskbar: I searched for this issue beforehand, but while others have had related issues, they did not seem to be quite the same. Also, the recommended fixes failed.My News and Interests Widget is blank, but only on the taskbar. It no longer shows any icon OR information, such at the...
  6. Taskbar News and Interests Microsoft News ignores interest settings

Taskbar News and Interests Microsoft News ignores interest settings: I turned off the News and Interests feature on my taskbar. Why? Because the only news I want to see popping up on my desktop is weather and technology, however, regardless of how I customize the news feed, it still displays national news, politics, and sports and whatnot....
  7. News and Interests on Taskbar

News and Interests on Taskbar: I would like for the News and Interests app to show local weather information on the Taskbar itself instead of just the icon. I have checked "Show icon and text" and "Open on hover." What else should I do?...
  8. News & Interests feed in taskbar broken

News & Interests feed in taskbar broken: Hi,Yesterday I updated to the latest version of Windows and got this new news feed on my taskbar. It was working fine up until today, now it's stuck highlighted and no longer opens when I hover the mouse on it. When I click on it, nothing happens again.This may be a release...
  9. News and Interests not showing weather on taskbar

News and Interests not showing weather on taskbar: When I display N&I i don't get the weather icon. I get the icon shown below. Clicking on this icon does bring up some feeds but the weather is not one of them. Is there something else I need to do to get the weather icon? I think when N&I first became available the weather...
  10. News and Interests on the taskbar

News and Interests on the taskbar: This feature just appeared on the taskbar about a 10 days ago and then disappeared after a bios update. Perhaps this is coincidental, but that is when I noticed it was gone and not in the menu for the taskbar. I have Windows 10 home 20H2 Build 19042.985 Also, KB5001391 is...