Windows 10: News and interests is wrong language!

Discus and support News and interests is wrong language! in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi all I wonder if any of you guys can help me out. My 'News and interests' in the Taskbar is showing in Swedish in stead of English. It has been like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SteveEngland, May 13, 2021.

1. News and interests is wrong language!

Hi all I wonder if any of you guys can help me out. My 'News and interests' in the Taskbar is showing in Swedish in stead of English. It has been like this for a couple of weeks and can't recall what may have changed the language suddenly. The weather app shows the correct city in the UK, but not the language and all the news is in Swedish also. Can't figure out how to change this - all my settings relate to English/UK and this is the only thing that is affected. Many thanks for any help to solve this. Cheers.

:)

SteveEngland, May 13, 2021

2. Windows 10 Installed in the Wrong Language?

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

To assist you better I would like to know, what was the base language for your previous Operating system?

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Remove the Existing language.

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Control panel.

• Select language.

• Click on the Option adjacent to the
      Existing language.

• Click on remove under input method.
    Step 2: Add English Language.

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Control panel.

• Select language.

• Click on Add language.

• Add the English language from the given list.

If you want a language pack:

You may refer to the suggestions posted by Andre Da Costa on the following thread.

Can I change language in Windows 10 Home edition?

Hope this information was helpful.

Sahil Bali, May 13, 2021
  3. Settings search in wrong language (and nothing else)

I recently switched my system's display language from English (US) to Japanese, and then back. Everything is normal, except when I search for settings in the Settings window or the Start menu, which is still in Japanese. I have restarted multiple times, and done everything on this page and others:

How to change system language on Windows 10 | Windows Central

Here are my language settings, region, etc:

News and interests is wrong language! [​IMG]

And yet...

I've even tried uninstalling the Japanese language pack, but no dice: the search remains in Japanese, as though the programs were renamed or something.

Any ideas? My version number is 20H2 build 19042.867.

- - - Updated - - -

The problem has solved itself, but I don't really know why. Here's what I can tell anyone experiencing the same problem. I followed the steps from this site: Windows Search Results in Wrong Language – sumselkawumsel . I'd done all of these things before and they didn't work, but for one reason or another, this time they did?

1. Open Control Panel (“Windows Settings”)
    2. Open “Time & Language”
    3. Click “Language” (on the left)
    4. Click “Administrative Language Settings” (on the right)
    5. A popup opened up, called “Region”. In the Tab “Administrative” and te field “Welcome screen and new user accounts”, click “Copy Settings”.
    6. Tick the boxes “Welcome screen and system accounts” and “new user accounts”.
    7. Click OK and reboot.
    8. In language settings, set the “old” language (Germany in my case) as display language, sign out of windows, sign in again.
    9. Set English as display language, sign out of windows and sign in again.

It may be that the solution only works if you do the steps in this exact order, I can't be sure. Also, when the computer asks to sign out automatically after switching the language, I said No both times, waited a few seconds, and then logged out via the Start Menu, which might be important.

There's really no logic to it, all I can say is to give it a shot... maybe multiple shots.

Blackdrazon, May 13, 2021
  4. RFC3514 Win User

News and interests is wrong language!

Tooltips displayed in the wrong language

Although my version of Windows is set to English and the GPU-Z "Tooltip Language" appears as "System Default (English (United Kingdom))", the tooltips are appearing in the language corresponding to my system locale (or possibly keyboard layout), not the actual system language. I frequently change the keyboard layout and date format (to match the clients I'm working for and the language I'm writing in), but the system language never changes (and software is supposed to run in that language).

I can manually select "English (United States)", but this basically makes it impossible for me to select the "correct" language (i.e., UK English), because it doesn't appear in the list (other than as "system default" - but is then ignored). Obviously it makes no difference to me if it's in UK or US English, but people with other language combinations might have a problem.

It seems the routine that populates the language list in the options is (correctly) determining the system language, but the routine that actually generates the tooltips is (incorrectly) reading the system locale instead of language.

RFC3514, May 13, 2021
Thema:

News and interests is wrong language!

1. News and interests is wrong language! - Similar Threads - News interests wrong

2. News and interests icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    News and interests icon: Previously, I added to another thread my question about how to restrict the News and interests icon to showing just the weather -- not the stock market. I didn't get any answers. But now it has started showing just the icon i.e., the nature of the weather but not the...
  3. News and Interests shows wrong location, language and data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    News and Interests shows wrong location, language and data: Hi,I don't know what actually happened. When I turned my PC on today, I saw that the News and Interests tab in my taskbar was showing the wrong location, data, and language. It is currently showing a location in China also in Chinese. I tried restarting my laptop,...
  4. News and Interests shows wrong location, language and data

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    News and Interests shows wrong location, language and data: Hi,I don't know what actually happened. When I turned my PC on today, I saw that the News and Interests tab in my taskbar was showing the wrong location, data, and language. It is currently showing a location in China also in Chinese. I tried restarting my laptop,...
  5. News and Interests shows wrong location, language and data

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. News and Interests on Taskbar

News and Interests on Taskbar: I would like for the News and Interests app to show local weather information on the Taskbar itself instead of just the icon. I have checked "Show icon and text" and "Open on hover." What else should I do?...
  7. news and interests

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    news and interests: Thanks MS for the news & interests sarcasm... I have a metered connection and just what I need is something else to use my limited data. * Moved from Community Participation Center...
  8. News and interests not changing language

News and interests not changing language: This **** piece of **** in my taskbar wont change language no matter how many times i go into settings, language and regions and set it to english, us. When i press refresh, it stays in chinese. When i restart my computer, it stays in chinese. What the **** is wrong with this...
  9. news and interests

news and interests: cant see news and interests in taskbar menu or it's setting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/news-and-interests/ddb92275-3860-45e7-935b-1b660312cf97
  10. News and interests is wrong language!

in Windows 10 Support
    News and interests is wrong language!: Hi all I wonder if any of you guys can help me out. My 'News and interests' in the Taskbar is showing in Swedish in stead of English. It has been like this for a couple of weeks and can't recall what may have changed the language suddenly. The weather app shows the correct...