Windows 10: News and Interests Menu Should be Optional

Discus and support News and Interests Menu Should be Optional in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Don't know about you, but I'm sick of seeing it. I thought the Edge Bar feature was pretty cool, but it gives me no choice but to see a bunch of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by NiiTheKniight, Nov 25, 2021.

1. News and Interests Menu Should be Optional

Don't know about you, but I'm sick of seeing it. I thought the Edge Bar feature was pretty cool, but it gives me no choice but to see a bunch of irrelevant fake news whenever I use it. And I don't just want to HIDE these things. I want them gone. Ideally there'd be a button that shuts it off entirely forever, 'cause I don't appreciate my location being used for the weather forecast either. If the news wasn't propaganda, I'd hate it less, but either way, this shouldn't be forced. Windows has been on a steep decline for a long time now. This right here is a bad omen. If my experience isn't custo

:)

NiiTheKniight, Nov 25, 2021
  2. Sasqui Win User

Radeon Overlay not displaying all options

Ok, I got a question. The options to hide the overlay are confusing. What are the steps to turn on the overlay in-game? Not interested in logging much at the moment. Is Alt-R part of turning it on/off?

Sasqui, Nov 25, 2021
  3. Naki Win User
    Feature suggestions - move to proper menus, add Options window

Suggestions:
    1) Remove main menus from top left menu (system menu) and move them to a standard Windows menu, at the top.
    Leave the 6 system menu items (Restore --- Close) in system menu, move all the rest to that standard main menu. The main menu can be auto-hidable - pressing Alt key to invoke it or hide it, similar to the way IE11 menus and many Windows 10 built-in apps' menus work.

2) And/or, add an Options menu or button, which would invoke a separate screen with GPU-Z Options, similar to how most Windows apps work.
    Most Windows apps have a separate Options screen, which GPU-Z lacks - one should be added.

Thanks in advance for listening!

4. Naki Win User

News and Interests Menu Should be Optional

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

Thema:

News and Interests Menu Should be Optional

1. News and Interests Menu Should be Optional - Similar Threads - News Interests Menu

2. Can't customise News and Interests menu on taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't customise News and Interests menu on taskbar: The auto-detect location for the Weather card is inaccurate and I just want to set my location manually.But when I change the setting, nothing has changed. Auto-detect is still turned on.Furthermore, hiding cards like Finance or Sport is impossible, none of my changes take...
  3. Can't customise News and Interests menu on taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't customise News and Interests menu on taskbar: The auto-detect location for the Weather card is inaccurate and I just want to set my location manually.But when I change the setting, nothing has changed. Auto-detect is still turned on.Furthermore, hiding cards like Finance or Sport is impossible, none of my changes take...
  4. Can't customise News and Interests menu on taskbar

in Cortana
  5. News and interests icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    News and interests icon: Previously, I added to another thread my question about how to restrict the News and interests icon to showing just the weather -- not the stock market. I didn't get any answers. But now it has started showing just the icon i.e., the nature of the weather but not the...
  6. News and Interests Menu Should be Optional

in Windows 10 Gaming
    News and Interests Menu Should be Optional: Don't know about you, but I'm sick of seeing it. I thought the Edge Bar feature was pretty cool, but it gives me no choice but to see a bunch of irrelevant fake news whenever I use it. And I don't just want to HIDE these things. I want them gone. Ideally there'd be a button...
  7. News and Interests Menu Should be Optional

News and Interests Menu Should be Optional: Don't know about you, but I'm sick of seeing it. I thought the Edge Bar feature was pretty cool, but it gives me no choice but to see a bunch of irrelevant fake news whenever I use it. And I don't just want to HIDE these things. I want them gone. Ideally there'd be a button...
  8. news and interests

news and interests: Thanks MS for the news & interests sarcasm... I have a metered connection and just what I need is something else to use my limited data. * Moved from Community Participation Center...
  9. news and interests

in Windows 10 Customization
    news and interests: cant see news and interests in taskbar menu or it's setting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/news-and-interests/ddb92275-3860-45e7-935b-1b660312cf97
  10. News And Interests should be opt-in instead of opt-out

in Windows 10 Customization
    News And Interests should be opt-in instead of opt-out: The new feature News And Interest is starting to roll out more and more.And so are the questions on how to disable it: the amount of questions on that on Google for instance is huge.Not only because people are finding is just 100% irritating me too but also because a lot of...