Windows 10: News and Interests not showing weather on taskbar

Discus and support News and Interests not showing weather on taskbar in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I display N&I i don't get the weather icon. I get the icon shown below. Clicking on this icon does bring up some feeds but the weather is not one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by streetwolf, Jun 8, 2021.

1. News and Interests not showing weather on taskbar

When I display N&I i don't get the weather icon. I get the icon shown below. Clicking on this icon does bring up some feeds but the weather is not one of them. Is there something else I need to do to get the weather icon? I think when N&I first became available the weather icon was there. Perhaps something I changed in Windows is now preventing it from showing.

:)

streetwolf, Jun 8, 2021

2. New "News and Interests" in Taskbar - Disable/Hide News, Keep Weather?

Is there any possible way to get rid of the news but just keep the weather card when I hover over the current local temperature on the new "News and Interests" feature built into the taskbar? I know I can disable the cards that show when I hover altogether, and I know I can disable the entire feature, either by right-clicking the taskbar and then disabling it or also through the Group Policy Editor or changing a registry string. But I want to get rid of the news and keep the weather. Is there a registry hack for this?

Windows 10 Pro Education
    Version 21H1 (OS Build 19043.1023)

richaardvark, Jun 8, 2021
  3. thomaseg1 Win User
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Dev Build 21301 (RS_PRERELEASE) - Jan. 27 Insider

Windows 10’s taskbar is getting a big update with new weather and news widget - The Verge
    To disable the taskbar news widget, use these steps:

• Right-click the taskbar on Windows 10.
    • Select the News and interests menu and choose the Hidden option. Disable taskbar News and Interests.
    • (Optional) Select the Show icon only option if you want to keep the widget using less space in the taskbar.
    I don't know if it works

It works

thomaseg1, Jun 8, 2021
  4. jimbo45 Win User

News and Interests not showing weather on taskbar

Windows 10 Insider Preview Dev Build 21301 (RS_PRERELEASE) - Jan. 27 Insider

Hi there

After a reboot it's gone --

Thanks !!!

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jun 8, 2021
Thema:

News and Interests not showing weather on taskbar

1. News and Interests not showing weather on taskbar - Similar Threads - News Interests showing

2. News & Interests Taskbar Weather Temperature Never Changes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    News & Interests Taskbar Weather Temperature Never Changes: My computer updated to version 22H2 and I finally got the News & Interests weather widget on my taskbar like I've always wanted, but it always says the same temperature, it never changes or updates, so obviously it's never telling me the actual temperature outside and is...
  3. News & Interests Taskbar Weather Temperature Never Changes

in Windows 10 Customization
    News & Interests Taskbar Weather Temperature Never Changes: My computer updated to version 22H2 and I finally got the News & Interests weather widget on my taskbar like I've always wanted, but it always says the same temperature, it never changes or updates, so obviously it's never telling me the actual temperature outside and is...
  4. News and Interests not showing weather on taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    News and Interests not showing weather on taskbar: Until a few days ago, the weather icon showed temperature, etc. just fine on the right side of the taskbar, but recently is only showing this icon and unable to get it to show temperature, etc. as before: I have the weather card selected in News and Interests: Not conscious...
  5. News and Interests not showing weather on taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    News and Interests not showing weather on taskbar: Until a few days ago, the weather icon showed temperature, etc. just fine on the right side of the taskbar, but recently is only showing this icon and unable to get it to show temperature, etc. as before: I have the weather card selected in News and Interests: Not conscious...
  6. News and Interests not showing weather on taskbar

7. No weather icon for "News & Interests" on taskbar

No weather icon for "News & Interests" on taskbar: Since the last Windows 10 Professional update I got the new "News and Interests" feature, but when enabling it and enabling either "N&I->Show icon and text" or "N&I->Show icon only" I cannot see the weather icon on the task bar. I only see the test message when selecting...
  8. News & Interests/Weather Widget

News & Interests/Weather Widget: Regarding the new News & Interests/Weather Widget, I would like to know how to UNSYNC it across 2 devices using the same account so that both devices can be in different languages. I have SYNC off in Windows settings & also off on Edge settings, yet every time I change the...
  9. New "News and Interests" in Taskbar - Disable/Hide News, Keep Weather?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New "News and Interests" in Taskbar - Disable/Hide News, Keep Weather?: Is there any possible way to get rid of the news but just keep the weather card when I hover over the current local temperature on the new "News and Interests" feature built into the taskbar? I know I can disable the cards that show when I hover altogether, and I know I can...
  10. New "News and Interests" in Taskbar - Disable/Hide News, Keep Weather?

in Windows 10 Support
    New "News and Interests" in Taskbar - Disable/Hide News, Keep Weather?: Is there any possible way to get rid of the news but just keep the weather card when I hover over the current local temperature on the new "News and Interests" feature built into the taskbar? I know I can disable the cards that show when I hover altogether, and I know I can...