Windows 10: News and Interests pages open in Edge, but Chrome is default browser

Discus and support News and Interests pages open in Edge, but Chrome is default browser in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is there anyway to make the news pages in the news and interests panel on the taskbar open in my default browser (chrome) instead of edge? I'm running... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by HuwBK, Jun 17, 2021.

1. HuwBK Win User

News and Interests pages open in Edge, but Chrome is default browser

Is there anyway to make the news pages in the news and interests panel on the taskbar open in my default browser (chrome) instead of edge? I'm running windows 10 home 20H2 64-bit. Thanks News and Interests pages open in Edge, but Chrome is default browser :)

:)

HuwBK, Jun 17, 2021
  2. Bree Win User

Installing Flash opens Chrome instead of default browser

I use IE, Edge and Firefox, with IE as default browser. Edge/IE of course get Flash through Windows Update but periodically I have to install Flash for Firefox. I can confirm that the expected behaviour of the Flash installer is, on completion, to open your default browser at a page saying...
    This is just an advert, not a necessary step in the install, but it is labelled as 'Step 3 of 3'. Steps 1 and 2 were seen in Firefox, the browser I started the install from, as the first two steps in installing/updating Flash. The install requires the browser to be restarted to be complete, so it opens the 'Step 3' page itself in the default browser. It has always amused me that it opens IE and not the Firefox I was installing it for.

I don't have Chrome, so can't test the behaviour described, but I have never seen anything other than my default browser open. I've just tested reinstalling Flash in Firefox, only IE opened on completion.

3. AOL home page on Windows 10 Edge and Chrome browsers

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Please do let us know if this issue confined to specific website.

I suggest you to Maximize and Minimize the browser screen and check if it helps.

I suggest you to clear cache and cookies from the
    Microsoft Edge
    browser.

Steps:

• Open Microsoft Edge, click on
        More Action at the right top corner.

• Click on Settings, click on
        Choose what to clear under Clear browsing data.

• Select the Browsing history, caches and cookies and hit
        Clear.

• Close the browser and try to open it again.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 17, 2021
  4. Jakes6046 Win User

Can't Set Chrome As Default Browser in Windows 10

Want to get the latest scoop on a Win10/Default Browser problem that's been discussed before. Google Chrome is (was?) my default browser. Recently alerted to Office updates (have Office 365). Update wasn't successful, so I let it go. Then, when I clicked
    on Chrome on the desktop -- NOTHING, ZILCH. Yet Microsoft Edge loads fine. Settings/Default Apps/Web Browser showed Edge, clicked on it, selected Chrome form the icon list - fine - but when I tried to activate it from the desktop - again, NOTHING. What's
    going on...?

Uninstalled/reinstalled Chrome and the desktop icon says "new_chrome" (an updated version?). It works fine and includes all the Favorites, like before. But when I go into Settings/Default Apps and click on Edge to show the other default browser choices,
    Chrome is NOT listed. It's also not listed under general Apps and Features. In addition, every web site icon I have on the desktop (e.g., Amazon) is now shown with an Edge icon and opens only within the Edge browser. And when I open Chrome from the desktop,
    it asks to make it default. I click to do so, the Apps list appears, but Chrome, again, is NOT shown in the Default Apps/Web Browser list. I think the Office Update screwed things up. So..... how do I make Chrome the "complete" default browser?...... which,
    I guess, is another way of asking: how do I get Chrome into the Default Apps/Web Browser list? HELP.... anyone?

Jakes6046, Jun 17, 2021
Thema:

1. News and Interests pages open in Edge, but Chrome is default browser - Similar Threads - News Interests pages

2. When clicking on News and Interests items, it opens an empty browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    When clicking on News and Interests items, it opens an empty browser: Used to click on news and interest items and it would it would open a link to article in a browser. Now it just opens a empty browser. Is there a fix?...
  3. "News and Interest" does not open browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "News and Interest" does not open browser: On my work-provided computer, news and interests shows weather information for the wrong location. Trying to figure out what location it is pulling data from, I click on it, there are two popups. The first says "we're having trouble loading your feed" and then "you might be...
  4. "News and Interest" does not open browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "News and Interest" does not open browser: On my work-provided computer, news and interests shows weather information for the wrong location. Trying to figure out what location it is pulling data from, I click on it, there are two popups. The first says "we're having trouble loading your feed" and then "you might be...
  5. "News and Interest" does not open browser

6. news and interests page suddenly german?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    news and interests page suddenly german?: It just suddenly went all german on me, I didn't change anything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/news-and-interests-page-suddenly-german/47be5cdd-9f1a-4512-ae8c-0fa4b62c5e44
  7. news and interests page suddenly german?

news and interests page suddenly german?: It just suddenly went all german on me, I didn't change anything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/news-and-interests-page-suddenly-german/47be5cdd-9f1a-4512-ae8c-0fa4b62c5e44
  8. How to open News and Interests links in your default browser; Not Edge

in Windows 10 News
    How to open News and Interests links in your default browser; Not Edge: A couple of days back, Microsoft announced that it will be rolling out its new feature, News and Interests for Windows 10. Although the announcement of the feature was made in January earlier this year, it is only now that people would be able to get their hands on it....
  9. News & Interest default browser issue

News & Interest default browser issue: When Clicking a card, say a traffic or weather card, in News & Interests the app? opens Edge However, my default browser is Vivaldi! Why is this happening? Can I change this behaviour so that Vivaldi is used under all circumstances? 172271
  10. top of browser pages hidden - chrome and edge

top of browser pages hidden - chrome and edge: Running windows 10 - using edge and chrome browsers Top of browser page disappears so navigation bar is not accessible. I've tried resetting the browser apps and that works for a while, but then the top of the page disappears again. It actually cuts off part of the page...