Windows 10: News and Interests shows wrong location, language and data

Discus and support News and Interests shows wrong location, language and data in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi,I don't know what actually happened. When I turned my PC on today, I saw that the News and Interests tab in my taskbar was showing the wrong... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Arjun Dinesh, Dec 25, 2021.

1. News and Interests shows wrong location, language and data

Hi,I don't know what actually happened. When I turned my PC on today, I saw that the News and Interests tab in my taskbar was showing the wrong location, data, and language. It is currently showing a location in China also in Chinese. I tried restarting my laptop, disconnecting and reconnecting my LAN, change my location from Settings but nothing works. No updates are pending and my antivirus subscription is active too. How can I fix this? Please help me.Adding a screenshot for clarity,

:)

Arjun Dinesh, Dec 25, 2021

2. News and interests is wrong language!

Hi all

I wonder if any of you guys can help me out.
    My 'News and interests' in the Taskbar is showing in Swedish in stead of English.
    It has been like this for a couple of weeks and can't recall what may have changed the language suddenly.
    The weather app shows the correct city in the UK, but not the language and all the news is in Swedish also.
    Can't figure out how to change this - all my settings relate to English/UK and this is the only thing that is affected.
    Many thanks for any help to solve this.
    Cheers.

News and Interests shows wrong location, language and data [​IMG]

SteveEngland, Dec 25, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    News and interests is wrong language!

Hello Steve, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

Check at this link below from clicking on News and Interests > Settings (3 dots at top right) > Language and content, and make sure Language and content is set to the correct language.

Brink, Dec 25, 2021
  4. News and Interests shows wrong location, language and data

News and interests is wrong language!

Thanks for a quick reply Brink.
    I've been down that root before. It shows in Swedish, I change to English, but this has no effect on the 'News and interests' in the Taskbar.
    My News and Interests isn't the same as yours. It has one column in the middle.
    I'm using a Local Account and not a MS Account.

SteveEngland, Dec 25, 2021
Thema:

News and Interests shows wrong location, language and data

1. News and Interests shows wrong location, language and data - Similar Threads - News Interests shows

2. How to permanently set language and location in News and Interests widget?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to permanently set language and location in News and Interests widget?: Hi,PLEASE read the whole problem before you answer - I have searched for and tried multiple common solutions and they don't work for me.Here's the background: I work at a company that has sites and services across multiple countries.We use VPN which sometimes connects me...
  3. How to permanently set language and location in News and Interests widget?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to permanently set language and location in News and Interests widget?: Hi,PLEASE read the whole problem before you answer - I have searched for and tried multiple common solutions and they don't work for me.Here's the background: I work at a company that has sites and services across multiple countries.We use VPN which sometimes connects me...
  4. Windows 10 - News and Weather Widget showing wrong location & language.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 - News and Weather Widget showing wrong location & language.: Good day, all.This week the "News and Weather widget started to show the wrong location and language on all the users on the domain. Even the users that log in with VPN also changed. What can be the problem?Thank you....
  5. Windows 10 - News and Weather Widget showing wrong location & language.

Windows 10 - News and Weather Widget showing wrong location & language.: Good day, all.This week the "News and Weather widget started to show the wrong location and language on all the users on the domain. Even the users that log in with VPN also changed. What can be the problem?Thank you....
  6. News and Interests shows wrong location, language and data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    News and Interests shows wrong location, language and data: Hi,I don't know what actually happened. When I turned my PC on today, I saw that the News and Interests tab in my taskbar was showing the wrong location, data, and language. It is currently showing a location in China also in Chinese. I tried restarting my laptop,...
  7. News and Interests shows wrong location, language and data

News and Interests shows wrong location, language and data: Hi,I don't know what actually happened. When I turned my PC on today, I saw that the News and Interests tab in my taskbar was showing the wrong location, data, and language. It is currently showing a location in China also in Chinese. I tried restarting my laptop,...
  8. News and interests not changing language

in Windows 10 Customization
    News and interests not changing language: This **** piece of **** in my taskbar wont change language no matter how many times i go into settings, language and regions and set it to english, us. When i press refresh, it stays in chinese. When i restart my computer, it stays in chinese. What the **** is wrong with this...
  9. News and interests is wrong language!

News and interests is wrong language!: Hi all I wonder if any of you guys can help me out. My 'News and interests' in the Taskbar is showing in Swedish in stead of English. It has been like this for a couple of weeks and can't recall what may have changed the language suddenly. The weather app shows the correct...
  10. News and interests is wrong language!

in Windows 10 Support
    News and interests is wrong language!: Hi all I wonder if any of you guys can help me out. My 'News and interests' in the Taskbar is showing in Swedish in stead of English. It has been like this for a couple of weeks and can't recall what may have changed the language suddenly. The weather app shows the correct...