Windows 10: News and interests "Weather" app megathread.

Discus and support News and interests "Weather" app megathread. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Love it or hate it the News and Interests app is here and you have to deal with it. And as annoying as the app may be for some of you it's not as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/adolfojp, Jun 11, 2021.

1. News and interests "Weather" app megathread.

Love it or hate it the News and Interests app is here and you have to deal with it.

And as annoying as the app may be for some of you it's not as annoying as 100 posts ranting about it and thus, this megathread was born.

How do I disable it?

Right click -> News and interests -> Turn off

That's it. Right click guys. Context menus have been a part of Windows for decades. You should know this.

If you need help right clicking you have bigger problems than this.

But that's not intuitive!

Rant below

But it's blurry on some computers!

Rant below

But it's being shoved down our throats and Microsoft engineers should be fired for this!

This is the Windows community, not the drama club.

Let's go guys! Let's hear some quality rants!

submitted by /u/adolfojp
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/adolfojp, Jun 11, 2021
  2. Arul_D Win User

Weather app news not working

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for your interest in using Windows 10.

Sorry to know that you are facing issues with the Weather app. Let me try and assist you.

It could be possible that the app is corrupt.

Have you followed any troubleshooting to fix this issue?

Follow these methods and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I would suggest you to run the app troubleshooter. This tool can automatically identify and fix some problems with apps.

Refer to the link below:

App Troubleshooter

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?LinkId=268423

Method 2:

If your apps are up to date and the licenses are synced, you can reinstall the app to try to fix the issue.

To reinstall an app, follow these steps:

• On the Start screen, right-click the Weather app and click Uninstall, and then click
      Uninstall.
    • Click Store to open the Windows Store.
    • Click Account, and click My apps.
    • Right-click the Weather app, and then click Install.
    Let us know if it helps. If you have further queries, we will be happy to help.

Arul_D, Jun 11, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Weather App imperial measures

Hi Miccamuk,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I can understand how frustrating it could be when things go unusual. I will certainly help you.

To guide you in right direction we want to know:

• Are you using Local Account or Microsoft Account?

We suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

• Open Weather App.
    • Go to Settings at the bottom left corner in Weather App.
    • Go to General tab.
    • Select show temperature in Fahrenheit
    • Select your location and set it to default.
    • Close the App once you make changes and reopen.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Deepak..Raghav, Jun 11, 2021
  4. News and interests "Weather" app megathread.

Weather app not working

Since you've already tried to run the app troubleshooter but the issue still persists, we suggest that you uninstall the
    Weather app using a PowerShell command and reinstall it. To do this, please follow the steps listed below:

• Type PowerShell in the Search bar.
    • Right-click on Windows PowerShell then select Run as administrator.
    • Copy and paste the command below into the PowerShell window then press Enter:

Get-AppxPackage *bingweather* | Remove-AppxPackage
    • Restart your PC after uninstalling the app.
    • To reinstall the app, type Store in the Search bar and press
      Enter.
    • Search for the Weather app, then click Get or Download.

Kindly update us with the result after performing the suggested steps and let us know if you need further assistance.

Eileen Gal, Jun 11, 2021
Thema:

News and interests "Weather" app megathread.

1. News and interests "Weather" app megathread. - Similar Threads - News interests Weather

2. News and Interests not showing weather on taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    News and Interests not showing weather on taskbar: Until a few days ago, the weather icon showed temperature, etc. just fine on the right side of the taskbar, but recently is only showing this icon and unable to get it to show temperature, etc. as before: I have the weather card selected in News and Interests: Not conscious...
  3. News and Interests not showing weather on taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    News and Interests not showing weather on taskbar: Until a few days ago, the weather icon showed temperature, etc. just fine on the right side of the taskbar, but recently is only showing this icon and unable to get it to show temperature, etc. as before: I have the weather card selected in News and Interests: Not conscious...
  4. News and Interests - Just weather, please!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    News and Interests - Just weather, please!: Hi! Hopefully it's a quick and easy question.I want to see only this:And never things like this:Can it be done? How is it done? Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/news-and-interests-just-weather-please/e21884c8-9033-4784-9c54-ec2daa20f3db
  5. News and Interests - Just weather, please!

News and Interests - Just weather, please!: Hi! Hopefully it's a quick and easy question.I want to see only this:And never things like this:Can it be done? How is it done? Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/news-and-interests-just-weather-please/e21884c8-9033-4784-9c54-ec2daa20f3db
  6. News and Interests - Just weather, please!

7. News and Interests ‘Weather Icon’ change

News and Interests ‘Weather Icon’ change: Windows 10 Pro 21H1 (19043.1081) Has anyone had the Weather Icon change and do nothing recently? This morning my icon changed to that in the image below and started to corrupt the Notification icons. The Notification Area corruption issue apparently is a known issue and MS...
  8. No weather icon for "News & Interests" on taskbar

No weather icon for "News & Interests" on taskbar: Since the last Windows 10 Professional update I got the new "News and Interests" feature, but when enabling it and enabling either "N&I->Show icon and text" or "N&I->Show icon only" I cannot see the weather icon on the task bar. I only see the test message when selecting...
  9. News and Interests not showing weather on taskbar

News and Interests not showing weather on taskbar: When I display N&I i don't get the weather icon. I get the icon shown below. Clicking on this icon does bring up some feeds but the weather is not one of them. Is there something else I need to do to get the weather icon? I think when N&I first became available the weather...
  10. News & Interests/Weather Widget

News & Interests/Weather Widget: Regarding the new News & Interests/Weather Widget, I would like to know how to UNSYNC it across 2 devices using the same account so that both devices can be in different languages. I have SYNC off in Windows settings & also off on Edge settings, yet every time I change the...