Windows 10: News and Interests ‘Weather Icon’ change

Discus and support News and Interests ‘Weather Icon’ change in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Windows 10 Pro 21H1 (19043.1081) Has anyone had the Weather Icon change and do nothing recently? This morning my icon changed to that in the image... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SteveEngland, Jun 24, 2021.

1. News and Interests ‘Weather Icon’ change

Windows 10 Pro 21H1 (19043.1081) Has anyone had the Weather Icon change and do nothing recently? This morning my icon changed to that in the image below and started to corrupt the Notification icons. The Notification Area corruption issue apparently is a known issue and MS are aware of it. Out of curiosity, I restored a 2 week old system image for a comparison and on the restart, the icon was exactly the same as that shown below.

:)

SteveEngland, Jun 24, 2021

2. News and Interests not showing weather on taskbar

When I display N&I i don't get the weather icon. I get the icon shown below. Clicking on this icon does bring up some feeds but the weather is not one of them. Is there something else I need to do to get the weather icon? I think when N&I first became available the weather icon was there. Perhaps something I changed in Windows is now preventing it from showing.

News and Interests ‘Weather Icon’ change [​IMG]

streetwolf, Jun 24, 2021
  3. Weather and Calendar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with the computer. I understand the frustration when thing don't work the way it should.

What happens when you try to change the Weather Settings?

I suggest you to go to Weather Settings and changes the Weather Settings from Fahrenheit to Celsius and check. If it doesn't change, I suggest you to follow the below troubleshooting and check:

• Open an Administrator CMD window. If you can’t find a way, use these steps:

• Press CTRL+Shift+ESC to open Task Manager.

• Click File > Run New Task

• Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”

• Type CMD Type the following commands at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    Please reply with the results. I will be glad to help you with further.

Thank you.

Ruth Buruga, Jun 24, 2021
  4. News and Interests ‘Weather Icon’ change

Weather

Hi,

To better assist you, please clarify the following:

• What steps have you taken so far?
    • Did you receive any error message when running, the icon Weather?

Renaldo cru, Jun 24, 2021
Thema:

News and Interests ‘Weather Icon’ change

1. News and Interests ‘Weather Icon’ change - Similar Threads - News Interests ‘Weather

2. News & Interests Taskbar Weather Temperature Never Changes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    News & Interests Taskbar Weather Temperature Never Changes: My computer updated to version 22H2 and I finally got the News & Interests weather widget on my taskbar like I've always wanted, but it always says the same temperature, it never changes or updates, so obviously it's never telling me the actual temperature outside and is...
  3. News & Interests Taskbar Weather Temperature Never Changes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    News & Interests Taskbar Weather Temperature Never Changes: My computer updated to version 22H2 and I finally got the News & Interests weather widget on my taskbar like I've always wanted, but it always says the same temperature, it never changes or updates, so obviously it's never telling me the actual temperature outside and is...
  4. News & Interests Taskbar Weather Temperature Never Changes

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. News and Interests - Just weather, please!

News and Interests - Just weather, please!: Hi! Hopefully it's a quick and easy question.I want to see only this:And never things like this:Can it be done? How is it done? Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/news-and-interests-just-weather-please/e21884c8-9033-4784-9c54-ec2daa20f3db
  6. News and interests icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    News and interests icon: Previously, I added to another thread my question about how to restrict the News and interests icon to showing just the weather -- not the stock market. I didn't get any answers. But now it has started showing just the icon i.e., the nature of the weather but not the...
  7. News And Interests Icon Changed To A Generic Icon

in Windows 10 Support
    News And Interests Icon Changed To A Generic Icon: Noticed today that on all my Windows 10 machines the news and interests icon has changed to a generic icon. Doesn't show the sun or clouds anymore. Is it just me ? 183118
  8. No weather icon for "News & Interests" on taskbar

No weather icon for "News & Interests" on taskbar: Since the last Windows 10 Professional update I got the new "News and Interests" feature, but when enabling it and enabling either "N&I->Show icon and text" or "N&I->Show icon only" I cannot see the weather icon on the task bar. I only see the test message when selecting...
  9. News and Interests not showing weather on taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    News and Interests not showing weather on taskbar: When I display N&I i don't get the weather icon. I get the icon shown below. Clicking on this icon does bring up some feeds but the weather is not one of them. Is there something else I need to do to get the weather icon? I think when N&I first became available the weather...
  10. News & Interests/Weather Widget

News & Interests/Weather Widget: Regarding the new News & Interests/Weather Widget, I would like to know how to UNSYNC it across 2 devices using the same account so that both devices can be in different languages. I have SYNC off in Windows settings & also off on Edge settings, yet every time I change the...