Windows 10: News and Interests Widget blank on taskbar

Discus and support News and Interests Widget blank on taskbar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I searched for this issue beforehand, but while others have had related issues, they did not seem to be quite the same. Also, the recommended fixes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by rick.clark7, Sep 20, 2021.

1. News and Interests Widget blank on taskbar

I searched for this issue beforehand, but while others have had related issues, they did not seem to be quite the same. Also, the recommended fixes failed.My News and Interests Widget is blank, but only on the taskbar. It no longer shows any icon OR information, such at the temperature or AQI. I have checked all the settings and they appear correct. Setting to "Show Icon and Text" vs "Show Icon Only" changes the length of the widget as expected when mousing over it, it does highlight in a brighter color. The popup from the widget appears to load normally, as it is showing all the default new

:)

rick.clark7, Sep 20, 2021
  2. thomaseg1 Win User

KB5000626 Windows 10 Insider Preview Dev Build 21301.1010 Feb. 1 Insider

Windows 10’s taskbar is getting a big update with new weather and news widget - The Verge
    To disable the taskbar news widget, use these steps:

• Right-click the taskbar on Windows 10.
    • Select the News and interests menu and choose the Hidden option. Disable taskbar News and Interests.
    • (Optional) Select the Show icon only option if you want to keep the widget using less space in the taskbar.
    I don't know if it works

It works

thomaseg1, Sep 20, 2021
  3. jimbo45 Win User
    KB5000626 Windows 10 Insider Preview Dev Build 21301.1010 Feb. 1 Insider

Hi there

After a reboot it's gone --

Thanks !!!

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Sep 20, 2021
  4. News and Interests Widget blank on taskbar

Does News and Interests widget require MS News and Weather apps?

I have a laptop that doesn't have the Microsoft News or Weather app preinstalled. After installing some Windows updates, I saw that I had the "News and interests" option in the task bar. I have it turned on but the widget hasn't shown up. Turning it off then on again didn't help. Does that widget require the MS News and Weather apps in order to function?

On another PC, I have no issues with that widget appearing but that one has had the News and Weather apps installed before the widget was released.

Mugen Power, Sep 20, 2021
Thema:

News and Interests Widget blank on taskbar

1. News and Interests Widget blank on taskbar - Similar Threads - News Interests Widget

2. News and interest widget

in Windows 10 Gaming
    News and interest widget: How do you turn on the News and interest widget on window 11 task bar. I have Version 22H2 Build 22621.382 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/news-and-interest-widget/d3a5ef40-f567-4abb-b9c2-e87095203916
  3. News and interest widget

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    News and interest widget: How do you turn on the News and interest widget on window 11 task bar. I have Version 22H2 Build 22621.382 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/news-and-interest-widget/d3a5ef40-f567-4abb-b9c2-e87095203916
  4. widget news and interest

in Windows 10 Gaming
    widget news and interest: News and Interest got chinese characters after updating Windows 11. I dont know how to configure it so I need help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/widget-news-and-interest/33e9f52f-613c-4d91-bc3c-49e9ab77168b
  5. widget news and interest

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    widget news and interest: News and Interest got chinese characters after updating Windows 11. I dont know how to configure it so I need help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/widget-news-and-interest/33e9f52f-613c-4d91-bc3c-49e9ab77168b
  6. News and Interests on Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    News and Interests on Taskbar: I would like for the News and Interests app to show local weather information on the Taskbar itself instead of just the icon. I have checked "Show icon and text" and "Open on hover." What else should I do?...
  7. News & Interests/Weather Widget

News & Interests/Weather Widget: Regarding the new News & Interests/Weather Widget, I would like to know how to UNSYNC it across 2 devices using the same account so that both devices can be in different languages. I have SYNC off in Windows settings & also off on Edge settings, yet every time I change the...
  8. News and Interest widget now showing on taskbar

News and Interest widget now showing on taskbar: Hello. I have Windows 10 Pro version 21H1 OS Build 19043.985 and I do not have the "News and Interest" widget on the taskbar. I live in Mexico. I don't know if the region has anything to do with it. Any ideas? Thanks....
  9. News and Interests on the taskbar

News and Interests on the taskbar: This feature just appeared on the taskbar about a 10 days ago and then disappeared after a bios update. Perhaps this is coincidental, but that is when I noticed it was gone and not in the menu for the taskbar. I have Windows 10 home 20H2 Build 19042.985 Also, KB5001391 is...
  10. Edge Widget vs News & Interests

Edge Widget vs News & Interests: Here is a look at BOTH Edge Widget & News & Interests. N&I attached to taskbar. Widget can be anywhere & size-variable; can also be horizontal. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Cheers, Drew[ATTACH]...