Windows 10: News and Interests widget is "having trouble loading my feed"

Discus and support News and Interests widget is "having trouble loading my feed" in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So, I received the an update that added the new "News and Interests" widget to my windows machine about a week ago from now. Since then, my laptop has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DanielHodul, Jun 16, 2021.

1. News and Interests widget is "having trouble loading my feed"

So, I received the an update that added the new "News and Interests" widget to my windows machine about a week ago from now. Since then, my laptop has gotten it, my friends have gotten it, etc, but despite working on everyone's machine, it refuses to work on mine. It shows this error despite me being connected with working internet:I have tried joining the windows insider beta program, doing an in-place install, and methods 2 and 3 from this Reddit comment, none of them have worked.On my machine I have disabled Cortana through regedit, but I also tried re-enabling it to see if it would work, i

:)

DanielHodul, Jun 16, 2021

2. N97 Homescreen feeds missing

Pilsner -

Naw you dont need pipes or anything...

1. Add your feed in the web browser Go to Web feeds > Add new feed.

2. once the feed is added you should see it in the list 'widgets' for the home screen. SO if in step one you called your feed R2D2, then in step two you should see R2D2 in the home screen widget list (it won't be labeled 'feed' or anything obvious, just
    the name you gave it).

Hope that helps.

rasmus---01, Jun 16, 2021
  3. N97 Homescreen feeds missing

Thanks again for your post. i assumed it should be as simple as adding the feed in the browser and it then appearing in the widget list when i choose add content.

i've got a feed named bbc news and another called test which i set up to a sky sports news rss feed. however neither appear in the widget list. both appear fine in the feeds list in the builtin web browser and refresh with no errors. i installed a widget
    dave cozens (think that's his name) made called coming next which shows up coming appointments from the calendar on the home screen. that appeared straight away in the widget list so it/ not as if it's just not allowing additions to the list.

mental............ any other suggestions ideas would be much appreciated..... am think i might have to do a hard reset mind...... seems a bit like breaking an egg with a sledge hammer though lol!

pilsner---01, Jun 16, 2021
  4. pj98RX Win User

News and Interests widget is "having trouble loading my feed"

N97 Mini Homescreen Widgets

Maybe you need to recreate the web feed again in the native browser, e.g. the BBC News feed in the following way.

• select Menu > Web > Options > Go to > Web feeds
    • select Options > Web feed options > New feed
    • Set Title = BBC News, Address =
      http://feeds.bbci.co.uk/news/rss.xml
      , Automatic updates = (desired update interval)
    After creating the above web feed, it should be found with name "BBC News" in the Add Content widget list.

If you still cannot find the web feed, it might be that the web feed is already added to the home screen, in that case you cannot see or select it from the list. Try removing the home screen widgets and check if the web feed widget appears in the list after
    that. Try also creating the feed with another name, in case the old "BBC News" widget name is still in use (even though not visible on the home screen).

pj98RX, Jun 16, 2021
Thema:

News and Interests widget is "having trouble loading my feed"

1. News and Interests widget is "having trouble loading my feed" - Similar Threads - News Interests widget

2. News and feed "having trouble loading your feed"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    News and feed "having trouble loading your feed": I don't know why I am unable to see the news and weather anymore. I could see it just fine a couple weeks ago, but now there is an error message. I did look at some resources from 2021, but nothing has worked. I am up to date on Windows 10.The only thing I can maybe think of...
  3. News and feed "having trouble loading your feed"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    News and feed "having trouble loading your feed": I don't know why I am unable to see the news and weather anymore. I could see it just fine a couple weeks ago, but now there is an error message. I did look at some resources from 2021, but nothing has worked. I am up to date on Windows 10.The only thing I can maybe think of...
  4. News and feed "having trouble loading your feed"

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. News and interest widget

in Windows 10 Gaming
    News and interest widget: How do you turn on the News and interest widget on window 11 task bar. I have Version 22H2 Build 22621.382 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/news-and-interest-widget/d3a5ef40-f567-4abb-b9c2-e87095203916
  6. News and interest widget

News and interest widget: How do you turn on the News and interest widget on window 11 task bar. I have Version 22H2 Build 22621.382 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/news-and-interest-widget/d3a5ef40-f567-4abb-b9c2-e87095203916
  7. widget news and interest

in Windows 10 Gaming
    widget news and interest: News and Interest got chinese characters after updating Windows 11. I dont know how to configure it so I need help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/widget-news-and-interest/33e9f52f-613c-4d91-bc3c-49e9ab77168b
  8. News and Interests and MSN weather widgets don't load any feeds

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    News and Interests and MSN weather widgets don't load any feeds: I've reset the apps and re-installed latest Windows 10 on top of existing apps and data and also ran sfc /scannow and the following DISM commands:"DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth""DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth""DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth"the...
  9. News and Interests and MSN weather widgets don't load any feeds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    News and Interests and MSN weather widgets don't load any feeds: I've reset the apps and re-installed latest Windows 10 on top of existing apps and data and also ran sfc /scannow and the following DISM commands:"DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth""DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth""DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth"the...
  10. News and Interests and MSN weather widgets don't load any feeds

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 were having trouble loading your feed