Windows 10: News and Interests Widget - turn off News Card?

Discus and support News and Interests Widget - turn off News Card? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm intrigued by the "News and Interests" widget that's appeared in Windows 10, but I'm looking for help controlling it. It seems I can toggle on/off... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MS SD, Sep 12, 2021.

1. MS SD Win User

News and Interests Widget - turn off News Card?

I'm intrigued by the "News and Interests" widget that's appeared in Windows 10, but I'm looking for help controlling it. It seems I can toggle on/off many of the "cards" - weather, sports, traffic - but not the "news feed". That's the only one I *DONT* want - I'm not interested in MSFT or anyone else serving me up their choice of "info", but I can't seem to stop that card without shutting off the whole widget. I'd like to get the weather, traffic, and perhaps the sports, but I don't want to be confronted with blaring headlines. Is there a way to just get the other cards I do want without th

:)

MS SD, Sep 12, 2021

2. Does News and Interests widget require MS News and Weather apps?

I have a laptop that doesn't have the Microsoft News or Weather app preinstalled. After installing some Windows updates, I saw that I had the "News and interests" option in the task bar. I have it turned on but the widget hasn't shown up. Turning it off then on again didn't help. Does that widget require the MS News and Weather apps in order to function?

On another PC, I have no issues with that widget appearing but that one has had the News and Weather apps installed before the widget was released.

Mugen Power, Sep 12, 2021
  3. Does News and Interests widget require MS News and Weather apps?

Well, I can confirm that installing the MSN Weather app had no effect on making the News and Interests widget show up. If anyone has any ideas on how to make it show up, that'd be great!

Mugen Power, Sep 12, 2021
  4. News and Interests Widget - turn off News Card?

List of New apps/Widgets on N97 new firmware v20?

Dear all,

Since the new N97 v20 firmware update is out for some product codes, I would really appreciate if those who updated to list the new applications / widgets available on the new firmware. Are they installed on "c:"? Are these new apps/widgets available
    on Ovi? Also, did they update the previous apps/widgets? If yes, which ones?

Thanks...

princemarvin, Sep 12, 2021
Thema:

News and Interests Widget - turn off News Card?

1. News and Interests Widget - turn off News Card? - Similar Threads - News Interests Widget

2. News and interest widget

in Windows 10 Gaming
    News and interest widget: How do you turn on the News and interest widget on window 11 task bar. I have Version 22H2 Build 22621.382 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/news-and-interest-widget/d3a5ef40-f567-4abb-b9c2-e87095203916
  3. News and interest widget

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    News and interest widget: How do you turn on the News and interest widget on window 11 task bar. I have Version 22H2 Build 22621.382 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/news-and-interest-widget/d3a5ef40-f567-4abb-b9c2-e87095203916
  4. widget news and interest

in Windows 10 Gaming
    widget news and interest: News and Interest got chinese characters after updating Windows 11. I dont know how to configure it so I need help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/widget-news-and-interest/33e9f52f-613c-4d91-bc3c-49e9ab77168b
  5. widget news and interest

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    widget news and interest: News and Interest got chinese characters after updating Windows 11. I dont know how to configure it so I need help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/widget-news-and-interest/33e9f52f-613c-4d91-bc3c-49e9ab77168b
  6. Windows 11 News and Interest Widget/

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 News and Interest Widget/: When I first opened my new Windows 11 laptop, there was a News and Interest Widget at the left end of the taskbar. I had to re-install Windows about 3 days later and the widget disappeared. How do I get it back? All the instructions about right-clicking on the taskbar are...
  7. Turn off News & Interests but keep Weather

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn off News & Interests but keep Weather: Recently my Win 11 Weather widget became overwhelmed with news. I did not select anything regarding News & Interests, so I assume it arrived with a WIN update. Can I remove this update and get back to just Weather?If not. is there a way to limit the Weather widget display box...
  8. News and Interests Widget blank on taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    News and Interests Widget blank on taskbar: I searched for this issue beforehand, but while others have had related issues, they did not seem to be quite the same. Also, the recommended fixes failed.My News and Interests Widget is blank, but only on the taskbar. It no longer shows any icon OR information, such at the...
  9. News & Interests/Weather Widget

News & Interests/Weather Widget: Regarding the new News & Interests/Weather Widget, I would like to know how to UNSYNC it across 2 devices using the same account so that both devices can be in different languages. I have SYNC off in Windows settings & also off on Edge settings, yet every time I change the...
  10. Edge Widget vs News & Interests

Edge Widget vs News & Interests: Here is a look at BOTH Edge Widget & News & Interests. N&I attached to taskbar. Widget can be anywhere & size-variable; can also be horizontal. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Cheers, Drew[ATTACH]...