Windows 10: news app in the menu

Discus and support news app in the menu in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, my assitant said me the computer updated,and we see that news app in the menu,and i can't delete it, why ? really waste of time this news app !i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by pl16102, May 28, 2022.

1. pl16102 Win User

news app in the menu

Hi, my assitant said me the computer updated,and we see that news app in the menu,and i can't delete it, why ? really waste of time this news app !i deleted it last year, and it comes again !

:)

pl16102, May 28, 2022
  2. Callender Win User

Can I customize the list of suggest apps in the "Open with" menu?

You can't use it to add additional programs, only to set default programs.

Interestingly for me it shows nothing for text files:

news app in the menu [​IMG]

Then if I want to add a portable app like Jarte Plus to open with context menu windows doesn't like it.

It's not present and is near impossible to add even via "look for an app on this PC"

OpenWithAdd to the rescue:

Result:

Callender, May 28, 2022
  3. Ztruker Win User

@mngerhold, there is more involved. You have the

OpenWithList

OpenWithProgIDs

and UserChoice

which contains a HASH value and a ProgID which feeds back into the OpenWithProgIDs stem of the tree.
    I don't know how the HASH value is generateed or what it is generated from but I think it's important.

Ztruker, May 28, 2022
  4. dalchina Win User

news app in the menu

Yep, I see the same.

I tried adding Paint to Open With for txt. That also appeared in the More Options list.

I suspect it's to do with what the programs are registered to handle. The Open With list is constructed form a number of sources e.g. at least these:

The first of those corresponds to Snip & Sketch (simply search and find refs to the Appx string)

dalchina, May 28, 2022
Thema:

news app in the menu

1. news app in the menu - Similar Threads - news app menu

2. finding news apps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    finding news apps: I was trying to find out more information on using windows 10 specialized apps of looking at news websites without having to load a browser https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/finding-news-apps/b43cc63b-24a8-4122-a443-b5bb465543e1
  3. news app in the menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    news app in the menu: Hi, my assitant said me the computer updated,and we see that news app in the menu,and i can't delete it, why ? really waste of time this news app !i deleted it last year, and it comes again !...
  4. news app in the menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    news app in the menu: Hi, my assitant said me the computer updated,and we see that news app in the menu,and i can't delete it, why ? really waste of time this news app !i deleted it last year, and it comes again !...
  5. news app problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    news app problems: I keep getting issues with the Microsoft news app. This has been on two separate computers and I have reset the app and also uninstalled and reinstalled. The problem is when I open the app and it shows me a selection of news stories and click on a particular news story...
  6. Microsoft News App

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft News App: The Home page of News apps doesn't load fully. If I scroll down then it keeps on showing that loading sign , and doesn't load after that. I tried updating and troubleshooting the issue but didn't help . is anyone facing the same issue . And what should be done to fix this...
  7. Fox news app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Fox news app: why is Fox News app access denied https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fox-news-app/58917f87-7843-4309-9c71-6280bedf1e97"
  8. News app

News app: I'v uninstalled this app and reset it but I'm continuously having the same problem. Is there any updates on solving this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-win_news/news-app/d70e6ebe-d444-474b-b6f3-dcac93c897c9
  9. msn news app

msn news app: I'm using windows 10 and after a recent update my msn news app stopped working all of the other news apps I have seem to be fine sports, weather and the finance news app all work I've uninstalled reinstalled several times and all I get is an error has occurred try refreshing....
  10. Get Microsoft News menu entry in MSN Weather app

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Get Microsoft News menu entry in MSN Weather app: Today I open MSN Weather app and it opened to a advertisement. The advertisement is for Microsoft News app for phone and the ad wants me to provide a phone number or email address. The fine print states that this consent to use my phone number or email is not necessary to use...