Windows 10: news app problems

Discus and support news app problems in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I keep getting issues with the Microsoft news app. This has been on two separate computers and I have reset the app and also uninstalled and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by davidrussell214, Jan 20, 2021.

1. news app problems

I keep getting issues with the Microsoft news app. This has been on two separate computers and I have reset the app and also uninstalled and reinstalled. The problem is when I open the app and it shows me a selection of news stories and click on a particular news story instead of opening that story it goes to another random set of news stories , this will happen again and again until eventually one opens but it then quickly tries to open many random stories one after the other in quick succession until it just turns itself off . Any suggestions for fix or what the problem is?

As I have said it is not my computer or the installation as this happened on my old computer occasionally, now happens on my new one have tried rebooting , resetting and reinstalling

:)

davidrussell214, Jan 20, 2021

2. Problems with the email app in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for the update and I apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Mail app and configure the account again. Please follow the steps to uninstall the mail app.

Please follow the following steps:

• Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.
      • Click File > Run New Task
      • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”
      • Type Powershell.
      • This will open a new powershell.
      • Type the following get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps*

| remove-appxpackage
    After performing uninstallation, I suggest you to reinstall the app from Windows store and check if it helps.

Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jan 20, 2021
  3. dalchina Win User
    Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Jan 20, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

news app problems

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. news app problems :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jan 20, 2021
Thema:

news app problems

1. news app problems - Similar Threads - news app problems

2. finding news apps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    finding news apps: I was trying to find out more information on using windows 10 specialized apps of looking at news websites without having to load a browser https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/finding-news-apps/b43cc63b-24a8-4122-a443-b5bb465543e1
  3. news app in the menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    news app in the menu: Hi, my assitant said me the computer updated,and we see that news app in the menu,and i can't delete it, why ? really waste of time this news app !i deleted it last year, and it comes again !...
  4. is there a problem with stat news app?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is there a problem with stat news app?: you click and it reopens the app in a different window. does not load article. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-problem-with-stat-news-app/ee90785f-ec20-4528-a25e-20f5e6d9b2ee
  5. is there a problem with stat news app?

is there a problem with stat news app?: you click and it reopens the app in a different window. does not load article. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-problem-with-stat-news-app/ee90785f-ec20-4528-a25e-20f5e6d9b2ee
  6. pictures in News problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    pictures in News problems: First the X to close a picture disappeared but I could close it by clicking in upper right side. Now many pictures do not show. Where there is to be a series I cannot move to another picture. What do I do to fix these issues?...
  7. Microsoft News App

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft News App: The Home page of News apps doesn't load fully. If I scroll down then it keeps on showing that loading sign , and doesn't load after that. I tried updating and troubleshooting the issue but didn't help . is anyone facing the same issue . And what should be done to fix this...
  8. Fox news app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Fox news app: why is Fox News app access denied https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fox-news-app/58917f87-7843-4309-9c71-6280bedf1e97"
  9. News app

News app: I'v uninstalled this app and reset it but I'm continuously having the same problem. Is there any updates on solving this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-win_news/news-app/d70e6ebe-d444-474b-b6f3-dcac93c897c9
  10. NEWS FEED PROBLEM

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    NEWS FEED PROBLEM: Recently, News Feed has not been working. It is set to "most recent" but the posts that show are days old and the "recent" are way down there. Also, if you set this to show "recent", why doesn't it remain that way? Also, it notes when you log in, do you want to save the...