Windows 10: News App will not work

Discus and support News App will not work in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi All, Anyone else found that the Microsoft News App has stopped working despite trying to reinstall 6 times?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Oscargrouch1, Dec 16, 2018.

1. News App will not work

Hi All,

Anyone else found that the Microsoft News App has stopped working despite trying to reinstall 6 times?

:)

Oscargrouch1, Dec 16, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. News App will not work :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Dec 16, 2018
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Dec 16, 2018
  4. News App will not work

Still not working

Hi Brink,

I am a Systems Engineer (entry-Level) and I am having this issue. I have followed all the steps that were listed, even created a new user account. This is for a customer. When I followed the steps, before creating a new user, i kept changing the path to point to the correct place. The second time, and following, I ended up getting the 2 SID's, one with the .bak. Followed the steps to delete the regular one and rename the .bak. restarted and still signs in as a temp profile. So I ended up cfreating a new user and still get the same Temp profile issue. Could you suggest something? Thanks.

deadlyspider, Dec 16, 2018
Thema:

News App will not work

1. News App will not work - Similar Threads - News App

2. News and interests "Weather" app megathread.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    News and interests "Weather" app megathread.: Love it or hate it the News and Interests app is here and you have to deal with it. And as annoying as the app may be for some of you it's not as annoying as 100 posts ranting about it and thus, this megathread was born. How do I disable it? Right click -> News and...
  3. News App has Appeared.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    News App has Appeared.: Hi Folks, I reused the 'Restart' App to compare past with present. Win10 Restart-Time Once it restarted I found this on my Taskbar and would like it removed. How do I do it? - 178696
  4. news app problems

news app problems: I keep getting issues with the Microsoft news app. This has been on two separate computers and I have reset the app and also uninstalled and reinstalled. The problem is when I open the app and it shows me a selection of news stories and click on a particular news story...
  5. HELP to remove M$ news app on right bottom corner of screen

HELP to remove M$ news app on right bottom corner of screen: Can someone help me remove this app that I did NOT install or give permission to , PLEASE. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-to-remove-m-news-app-on-right-bottom-corner/13ec22b2-13db-45a6-bf0d-c23df6aa2b9c
  6. After last update of 2/12/2020 MSN News app is not working

After last update of 2/12/2020 MSN News app is not working: after the last update of 12/2/2020 of the operating system, windows news no longer works. Seems to be missing a file I found on Windows.old: win32Bridge.Server.exe downloaded on december 2019 Where should I copy it if good? * Moved from msn * Original title: after last...
  7. Microsoft News App not working

Microsoft News App not working: When I click on the Microsoft app in menu, It shows up in taskbar. But its windows is not opening. What can be the reason? How to solve it? 167081
  8. BROKEN ICONS PLS HELP! Windows 10 APPS Icons Showing the Same Icon MS News in Search

in Cortana
    BROKEN ICONS PLS HELP! Windows 10 APPS Icons Showing the Same Icon MS News in Search: Hi, When searching, icons for Windows Apps are all showing the Microsoft News icon see screenshot below. Icons for normal Applications are showing fine. I have tried everything I can find online, including: - Reinstall all apps with PowerShell - Clearing IconCache I...
  9. Windows 10 APPS Icons Showing the Same Icon MS News in Search

in Cortana
    Windows 10 APPS Icons Showing the Same Icon MS News in Search: Hi When searching, icons for Windows Apps are all showing the Microsoft News icon see screenshot below. Icons for normal Applications are showing fine. System details: Windows 10 20H2 Build 19042.572 Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.31.0 Please help...
  10. Some of my windows system apps are gone! Apps like whatsapp, windows news, calculator and...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Some of my windows system apps are gone! Apps like whatsapp, windows news, calculator and...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Maximus34672 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iwk0su/some_of_my_windows_system_apps_are_gone_apps_like/

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft news error occurred

2. microsoft news not working windows 10

3. microsoft news app not working