Windows 10: News Bar Customization

Discus and support News Bar Customization in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I recently installed the MS News Bar beta from the microsoft.com. It works well scrolling news and a couple stock tickets. That being said, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by bigshooTer39, Mar 22, 2022.

1. News Bar Customization

I recently installed the MS News Bar beta from the microsoft.com. It works well scrolling news and a couple stock tickets. That being said, I downloaded it because I was under the impression that the content on the News Bar was customizable. What I'd really like to be able to do, is have cryptocurrency prices scroll instead of the news articles. Or in addtion to the news articles.Is this possible? Maybe insert a file in %AppData% or modify something in the Registry Editor? Open to ideas and skilled enough to DIY.I'd even be fine scrapping the News Bar all together and having prices sc

:)

bigshooTer39, Mar 22, 2022
  2. JJG10 Win User

Add a button to the address bar.

I would like to add the Zoom button to my new Edge address bar. Have found the following how to do it on the web but they don't work like the instructions say.

How to manage the address bar buttons on Microsoft Edge

To customize the buttons that appear next to the address bar, use these steps:

1. Open Microsoft Edge.
    2. Click the Settings and more menu button on the top-right corner. (I assume that is the three dots in a row)
    3. Select the Show in toolbar sub-menu. (Don't see 'Show in toobar)
    4. Click the action button that you want to add or remove from the toolbar.

Thanks for any help.

Almost forgot, W10 ver 1909.

JJG10, Mar 22, 2022
  3. Gurinder Win User
    Cannot customize notification bar

Thank you for the reply.
    Unfortunately that is not what I am after. What I am looking for is this.

Any suggestions are welcome.

News Bar Customization [​IMG]

Gurinder, Mar 22, 2022
  4. News Bar Customization

Cannot modify Task Bar settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will be happy to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Right click on the Task Bar.
    • Uncheck the option " Lock the Taskbar."

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Mar 22, 2022
Thema:

News Bar Customization

1. News Bar Customization - Similar Threads - News Bar Customization

2. Customize the news in the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Customize the news in the taskbar?: How much can you customize the news in the taskbar? When you click on or hover over the weather summary in the taskbar, a news box pops up. These are news sources that Microsoft his picked. Can I choose my own news sources? I’m seeing news about Trump on an almost daily basis...
  3. Customize the news in the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Customize the news in the taskbar?: How much can you customize the news in the taskbar? When you click on or hover over the weather summary in the taskbar, a news box pops up. These are news sources that Microsoft his picked. Can I choose my own news sources? I’m seeing news about Trump on an almost daily basis...
  4. Customize the news in the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. News Bar Customization

in Windows 10 Gaming
    News Bar Customization: I recently installed the MS News Bar beta from the microsoft.com. It works well scrolling news and a couple stock tickets. That being said, I downloaded it because I was under the impression that the content on the News Bar was customizable. What I'd really like to be able to...
  6. News Bar Customization

News Bar Customization: I recently installed the MS News Bar beta from the microsoft.com. It works well scrolling news and a couple stock tickets. That being said, I downloaded it because I was under the impression that the content on the News Bar was customizable. What I'd really like to be able to...
  7. Weather and news bar

Weather and news bar: How to change this stupid °F to °C in new weather and news bar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weather-and-news-bar/3b465c5a-058e-4e25-99d1-a44d345e47b2
  8. Search bar news

in Cortana
    Search bar news: When I click the bar "Type here to search" on the left side populates with news headlines. How do I shut these off or change where they come from? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-bar-news/74a70601-b308-4b46-b4ef-14c94701ee11
  9. news bar beta

news bar beta: news barbeta have issues with bezeq international cybershield service against ransomware attacks thats blocks pictures without cybershield i can see the pictures its known issue i found long time ago i ask to review it thanks for reading...
  10. Customized alert sound for Microsoft News

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Customized alert sound for Microsoft News: Does anyone know how to set up a customized alert sound for Microsoft News on PC? I was able to set up a customized alert on my Lumia 950 XL as well as my Samsung Galaxy S10 P. Unfortunately, I'm stuck with the default sound on my PC and it's the same alert for Cortana and...