Windows 10: News Freezes When Selecting a News Story

Discus and support News Freezes When Selecting a News Story in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I reinstalled Windows 10 after upgrading my laptop with an SSD this weekend. No real issues except for News. The program seems to open normally, but... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by DwayneHall, Nov 16, 2019.

1. News Freezes When Selecting a News Story

I reinstalled Windows 10 after upgrading my laptop with an SSD this weekend. No real issues except for News. The program seems to open normally, but consistently freezes whenever I select any story to read.

1. Updated News from Store

2. Uninstalled from Apps and Installed new from Store

3. Reset From Apps

4. Reset ALL apps from Powershell

5. Reset only News from Powershell (Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers -Name Microsoft.BingNews | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml” -Verbose})

Still, when I select a story the app freezes. The window closes normally, but there seems to be no activity if you look at the app in task manager (no CPU or Disk usage etc.) but it does not list it as "Not responding".

A bit stumped here. Has anyone seen this?

:)

DwayneHall, Nov 16, 2019

2. A right click on the desktop to select NEW freezes, unable to create a new folder

A right click on the desktop to select NEW freezes, unable to create a new folder

LouisLacayo, Nov 16, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Changing administrator for new windows 10 laptop

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

To change the Account type follow the steps.

• Press Windows + X, click on User Accounts.

• Click on change your account type.

• Select standard account.

To delete the account follow the steps.

• Click on Manage other Account.

• Select the user account.

• Click on Delete the account.

To create the new user account follow the steps.

• Click on Manage other Account.

• Click on Add A new user in PC setting.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Nov 16, 2019
  4. News Freezes When Selecting a News Story

MSN News Stories

Why does my screen jump to the bottom or the top of a new story that I am reading? I believe it has something to do with all the stupid and uninteresting ads that surround the page.

TimJohnsonifbbpro, Nov 16, 2019
Thema:

News Freezes When Selecting a News Story

1. News Freezes When Selecting a News Story - Similar Threads - News Freezes Selecting

2. can't scroll news stories on msn home page

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't scroll news stories on msn home page: When on MSN home page I can't scroll news stories by clicking the arrow. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-scroll-news-stories-on-msn-home-page/16a08449-2629-4a92-97ae-96e527faff60
  3. can't scroll news stories on msn home page

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't scroll news stories on msn home page: When on MSN home page I can't scroll news stories by clicking the arrow. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-scroll-news-stories-on-msn-home-page/16a08449-2629-4a92-97ae-96e527faff60
  4. can't scroll news stories on msn home page

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Why is it that when I click on a news item on "MSN" the full story is not there?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is it that when I click on a news item on "MSN" the full story is not there?: This happens to me all the time. I move my mouse over the news icon on the task bar and then click a story and there is no story!Why in the world do you not have a link when you say, "Here is the full story." but there is no link....
  6. Why is it that when I click on a news item on "MSN" the full story is not there?

Why is it that when I click on a news item on "MSN" the full story is not there?: This happens to me all the time. I move my mouse over the news icon on the task bar and then click a story and there is no story!Why in the world do you not have a link when you say, "Here is the full story." but there is no link....
  7. MSN news jumping around will not keep story up

MSN news jumping around will not keep story up: How do I stop msn page from shifting around get read articles https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msn-news-jumping-around-will-not-keep-story-up/19f51309-021b-495b-a8d0-ecb060dfcc8c
  8. How can I remove all News and stories that load on the News and Interest taskbar.

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I remove all News and stories that load on the News and Interest taskbar.: I like the idea of a little pop-up widget menu with weather, traffic, sports scores, stocks, etc that I choose but I do not like and will not have generated links to stories across the web. It makes my computer feel like it's not mine having bloat/clickbait/unwanted news...
  9. Windows Quick Search - remove "Top News" stories

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Quick Search - remove "Top News" stories: Easy question. How do I remove "Top News" stories from my Windows 10 quick searches? I used to not receive this garbage in my Quick Search but now I am all of sudden receiving them. Recommendation. Do NOT automatically do this - I could care less what Microsoft deems a...
  10. how to turn off random news storys

in Windows 10 Support
    how to turn off random news storys: Hi all Iv just picked up a HP pavilion x2 and with in 5min, windows 10 is annoying the hell out me. I keep getting random news storys coming through the speakers every 5min. it keeps telling me now that 50 cent has robbed$250,000 of jew (then cuts off mid word) so i dont...