Windows 10: News icons win10 are empty on taskbar like parameters or Edge for ex

Discus and support News icons win10 are empty on taskbar like parameters or Edge for ex in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello Some icons like parameters specifics like Edge, contacts, camera etc... are like empty in the task bar, only transparency You can see it on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ric82, Aug 29, 2015.

1. ric82 Win User

News icons win10 are empty on taskbar like parameters or Edge for ex

Hello
    Some icons like parameters specifics like Edge, contacts, camera etc... are like empty in the task bar, only transparency
    You can see it on my task bar as the last open icon on the right is clear (no icon parameters)

News icons win10 are empty on taskbar like parameters or Edge for ex [​IMG]

i tried to find a way to make them appear, but can't find a solution
    I would appréciate if someone can help me with that
    best regards Ric.

I would precise that everything else works well...no other problem noted with my win10
    All others icons are ok but not the news icon of Win 10. I think perhaps i throw them during cleaning with CCcleaner, but not sure they were here before
    I took a look at the two files "shell32" and "imageres" in the system32 folder, but no icon for win 10 theme...
    They are in another place i think, but couldn't find them at that time.

This afternoon, i did an icon rebuilt for win10, but no result, and i did another install of win 10 over mine, and no difference....

:)

ric82, Aug 29, 2015
  2. AKuswara Win User

Start button not working - Windows 10

I didn't lost the taskbar, and I didn't lost the icons, but I lost an icon out of all the shortcut icons in the taskbar.

If you have a default taskbar, you would have the Edge and Store icons immediately next to the start button in your taskbar. I add a few more shortcuts. They are all there except Edge, leaving an empty space where Edge supposed to be.

AKuswara, Aug 29, 2015
  3. Thairon Win User
    Microsoft Edge

After installation of Win10 Anniversary edition, Edge icon disappeared from taskbar, does not show up in Apps.

The Browser is still working but I would like to have the Icon on the Taskbar as it was before the update.

Any suggestions? Anyone else with same problem?

Thairon, Aug 29, 2015
Thema:

News icons win10 are empty on taskbar like parameters or Edge for ex

1. News icons win10 are empty on taskbar like parameters or Edge for ex - Similar Threads - News icons win10

2. How to pin a file to an app icon on the taskbar like in Win10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to pin a file to an app icon on the taskbar like in Win10?: How to pin a file to an app icon on the taskbar like in Win10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-pin-a-file-to-an-app-icon-on-the-taskbar/2a86bffd-a367-4d07-b4b3-18b06e75b5d6
  3. How to pin a file to an app icon on the taskbar like in Win10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to pin a file to an app icon on the taskbar like in Win10?: How to pin a file to an app icon on the taskbar like in Win10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-pin-a-file-to-an-app-icon-on-the-taskbar/2a86bffd-a367-4d07-b4b3-18b06e75b5d6
  4. Weather / News Icon on the Taskbar

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Weather / News Icon on the Taskbar: After a recent Win 10 update this weather / news icon appeared on the taskbar, ciecled in red. Can it be removed? Keeps opening up when I try and see the Hidden Icons!...
  5. No weather icon for "News & Interests" on taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    No weather icon for "News & Interests" on taskbar: Since the last Windows 10 Professional update I got the new "News and Interests" feature, but when enabling it and enabling either "N&I->Show icon and text" or "N&I->Show icon only" I cannot see the weather icon on the task bar. I only see the test message when selecting...
  6. Empty Edge icon in the Start Menu

in Browsers and Email
    Empty Edge icon in the Start Menu: Good morning. Since I updated to the latest Build 928 I disappeared the I Edge icon, I tried to restore the link to the Start menu even if you consider the "Add to Start" operation I get the same problem. I restored the image of the Build .867 Everything ok, when I upgrade to...
  7. Win10 Taskbar; is there a 'new toolbar' option that allows icons just like the main taskbar?

Win10 Taskbar; is there a 'new toolbar' option that allows icons just like the main taskbar?: Hi all- I've fully maximized my usage of the taskbar, adding default program icons, etc. I'm wondering if there is any way for the end user to create something similar, not using the taskbar but a new toolbar, and load it with one or more icons? For example, if I want...
  8. edge icon missing on taskbar

edge icon missing on taskbar: edge icon missing on taskbar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/edge-icon-missing-on-taskbar/ee5d51f6-6eb6-498f-9e29-0f6a4d5f9db9
  9. Edge icon blank in taskbar

in Browsers and Email
    Edge icon blank in taskbar: Any way to fix this easily please? [img] [img] Thanks 36195
  10. Edge Icon on Desktop and Taskbar

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Icon on Desktop and Taskbar: The Icon to Microsoft Edge seems to have changed to a white "e" on a blue background. I'm sure it just used to be a blue "e" on a transparent background. How would I go about changing it back? Many thanks. 63626