Windows 10: News in Action Center is the last thing for me to get working in 1903

Discus and support News in Action Center is the last thing for me to get working in 1903 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I was just finally forced to update to 1903. As expected 17 things broke, but I had to check over 40 to find them. "Shortcut" added back to a desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rebop, Aug 23, 2019.

1. rebop Win User

News in Action Center is the last thing for me to get working in 1903

I was just finally forced to update to 1903. As expected 17 things broke, but I had to check over 40 to find them. "Shortcut" added back to a desktop shortcut icon for example.Reset the recycle bin custom icon. Re-Disabled
    Windows Photo Viewer - again. Enabled touchscreen when I had it turned off. Those kind of things. All my little tweaks.

But after all that, the ONE I cannot yet fix is the lack of news alerts in the Action Center. Used to work.

I tried everything in notifications, background apps, focus, etc. and no luck. Open to trying anything else you might suggest.

I am getting VERY few notifications. I do about updates, backups from Macrium, but the Beaking News is obviously missing.

Thanks.

:)

rebop, Aug 23, 2019

2. Windows 10 Action Center Not Working

Windows 10 Home / v 1607 / OS build 14393.693

Action Center has displayed "No new notifications" for the past 3 days (since 2/21/2017). The only automatic updates that have been installed are/is: Adobe Flash Player.

I have tried all the steps listed above with no success. I also tried turning notifications off, then rebooting, then turning it on, then rebooting. Still no joy. Any other suggestions?

JuliaMHogan, Aug 23, 2019
  3. Sharief K Win User
    Action Center

Hi,

Let's follow these steps to disable action center:

• Click on Start, type notifications in the search box.
    • In the list, select notifications & action settings.
    • On the right side, click on turn system icons on or off.
    • Turn off action center from there.
    Hope it helps. If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to reply. We will be glad to assist you.

Sharief K, Aug 23, 2019
  4. News in Action Center is the last thing for me to get working in 1903

action center notifications not working

Hello Steve,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft community.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused and I’ll help you out with this.

A quick question.

Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

Kindly follow the below steps and check if it resolves the issue.

Step 1: Turn Action center ON.

• Open the Start menu, type
      Turn system icons on or off in the search bar and click on Turn system icons on or off from the search bar results.

• Turn the Action center on.

If the issue persist, follow the below step.

Step 2:

Follow the below steps and check whether you are able to access Action center.

• Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.
    • Click File > Run New Task.
    • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”.
    • Type CMD.
    • Type all the following four commands one by one at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

powershell

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

6.Close the CMD window.

Since you are having issues with connecting to Wi-Fi. So i suggest you to refer to the following article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/getstarted-why-cant-i-get-connected

Reply with results and necessary information to help you further.

Pushyanth K S, Aug 23, 2019
Thema:

News in Action Center is the last thing for me to get working in 1903

1. News in Action Center is the last thing for me to get working in 1903 - Similar Threads - News Action Center

2. Action center not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Action center not working: Hello, I was trying to open my action center on the bottom right but when I clicked it, it didnt' work. I restarted my computer to see if it was just a small problem but it isnt working at all. Does anyone know how to fix it?...
  3. Action center not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Action center not working: Hello, I was trying to open my action center on the bottom right but when I clicked it, it didnt' work. I restarted my computer to see if it was just a small problem but it isnt working at all. Does anyone know how to fix it?...
  4. Action center not working!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Action center not working!: Hello i tried all of this and it doesnt work, i get this error in powershell : Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073D02, The package could not be installed because resources it modifies are currently in use. error 0x80073D02: Unable to install because the...
  5. The last column of tiles in the Action Center is cropped. It's a minor thing but it drives...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The last column of tiles in the Action Center is cropped. It's a minor thing but it drives...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/benya01 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lenf20/the_last_column_of_tiles_in_the_action_center_is/
  6. action center not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    action center not working: recently i noticed my right side tab that goes off when there are notifications didnt do that anymore, everytime i try to click on it to show the notifications nothing happens, i've tried reaching the action center through different ways and i get windows shell is updating,...
  7. Quick Actions on Action Center are not working

Quick Actions on Action Center are not working: I used to open the Action Center to control some features like: turning on Bluetooth or Night Mode, but suddenly it stopped working and all features are greyed out. On Settings menu, I can't select which Quick Actions I want because "Edit Quick Actions" doesn't open anything...
  8. Action center not working

Action center not working: Hi. I have a problem, I cannot open action center with notifications in bottom bar and read them. I cant open calendar in bottom bar. I cant connect bluetooth devices, I click on "add bluetooth or other device" and nothing reacts. Please help...
  9. action center wont open after 1903

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    action center wont open after 1903: hello, after updating to 1903, I can only access the action center by clicking in the balloon icon the first time i try. after it opens the first time, if I click on the balloon again, nothing happens. I have to restart the explorer exe process in order to make it work again....
  10. Action Center not working (notifying) me of email only.

Action Center not working (notifying) me of email only.: I don't think anyone can help me here, but I have to try. I finally went as far as formatting my ssd to see if that would fix not getting any notifications of email. Well, Action Center still does not notify me of any email. I would like for it to work. It's convenient by...