Windows 10: News & Interest default browser issue

Discus and support News & Interest default browser issue in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When Clicking a card, say a traffic or weather card, in News & Interests the app? opens Edge However, my default browser is Vivaldi! Why is this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by robgr, Jan 14, 2021.

1. robgr Win User

News & Interest default browser issue

When Clicking a card, say a traffic or weather card, in News & Interests the app? opens Edge
    However, my default browser is Vivaldi!
    Why is this happening?
    Can I change this behaviour so that Vivaldi is used under all circumstances?

:)

robgr, Jan 14, 2021

2. Unable to set default browser

• Does this issue happens while you try to set other browser as default too or is it specific to specific browser?

Any browser.

Already did the steps you suggested. It's some kind of bug where it's impossible to set a default browser at all.

I heard elsewhere from one other user
    that it seems to be a problem with upgrading to 10 on the SP3. Sounds very specifc.

guustavooo, Jan 14, 2021
  3. Changing default browser to IE and wifi issues

Hi Ed,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• In desktop search, type default app settings and select the result.

• Under Web browser, click the current browser (EDGE).

• Choose Internet Explorer and set it as
      default.

Hope it helps.

SujataMoktan, Jan 14, 2021
  4. News & Interest default browser issue

Default Browser Issue

Hi,

We need more information regarding your concern with your default browser settings. When did the issue start? Were there any changes made to your computer before the issue started? Have you tried resetting your default app settings through the settings app
    and the control panel? If not, kindly do so by following these steps:

• Type default app settings on the Cortana search bar.
    • Click on Default app settings.
    • Click on Reset, then re-select the browser that you want to set as default.
    • After that, click on Set defaults by app.
    • Look for the browser that you want to set as default on the left panel, select it, then click on
      Set this program as default.
    • Click OK, then check if the issue persists.

We look forward to your response.

Joshua Her1, Jan 14, 2021
Thema:

News & Interest default browser issue

1. News & Interest default browser issue - Similar Threads - News Interest default

2. "News and Interest" does not open browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "News and Interest" does not open browser: On my work-provided computer, news and interests shows weather information for the wrong location. Trying to figure out what location it is pulling data from, I click on it, there are two popups. The first says "we're having trouble loading your feed" and then "you might be...
  3. "News and Interest" does not open browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "News and Interest" does not open browser: On my work-provided computer, news and interests shows weather information for the wrong location. Trying to figure out what location it is pulling data from, I click on it, there are two popups. The first says "we're having trouble loading your feed" and then "you might be...
  4. "News and Interest" does not open browser

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. News and interests icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    News and interests icon: Previously, I added to another thread my question about how to restrict the News and interests icon to showing just the weather -- not the stock market. I didn't get any answers. But now it has started showing just the icon i.e., the nature of the weather but not the...
  6. News and Interests pages open in Edge, but Chrome is default browser

in Windows 10 Support
    News and Interests pages open in Edge, but Chrome is default browser: Is there anyway to make the news pages in the news and interests panel on the taskbar open in my default browser (chrome) instead of edge? I'm running windows 10 home 20H2 64-bit. Thanks :) 181182
  7. News & Interest update and systray issues

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    News & Interest update and systray issues: Windows 10 Home 21H1 x64 (build 19043.1052) Just installed the 6/8/21 cumulative security update that includes the News & Interests nonsense I mean taskbar function (KB5003637 for me) and am having a version of the corrupted systray icon issues that have been reported. For...
  8. news and interests

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    news and interests: Thanks MS for the news & interests sarcasm... I have a metered connection and just what I need is something else to use my limited data. * Moved from Community Participation Center...
  9. news and interests

in Windows 10 Customization
    news and interests: cant see news and interests in taskbar menu or it's setting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/news-and-interests/ddb92275-3860-45e7-935b-1b660312cf97
  10. How to open News and Interests links in your default browser; Not Edge

in Windows 10 News
    How to open News and Interests links in your default browser; Not Edge: A couple of days back, Microsoft announced that it will be rolling out its new feature, News and Interests for Windows 10. Although the announcement of the feature was made in January earlier this year, it is only now that people would be able to get their hands on it....