Windows 10: News & Interest default browser issue

Discus and support News & Interest default browser issue in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When Clicking a card, say a traffic or weather card, in News & Interests the app? opens Edge However, my default browser is Vivaldi! Why is this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by robgr, Jan 14, 2021.

1. robgr Win User

News & Interest default browser issue

When Clicking a card, say a traffic or weather card, in News & Interests the app? opens Edge
    However, my default browser is Vivaldi!
    Why is this happening?
    Can I change this behaviour so that Vivaldi is used under all circumstances?

:)

robgr, Jan 14, 2021

2. Unable to set default browser

• Does this issue happens while you try to set other browser as default too or is it specific to specific browser?

Any browser.

Already did the steps you suggested. It's some kind of bug where it's impossible to set a default browser at all.

I heard elsewhere from one other user
    that it seems to be a problem with upgrading to 10 on the SP3. Sounds very specifc.

guustavooo, Jan 14, 2021
  3. Changing default browser to IE and wifi issues

Hi Ed,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• In desktop search, type default app settings and select the result.

• Under Web browser, click the current browser (EDGE).

• Choose Internet Explorer and set it as
      default.

Hope it helps.

SujataMoktan, Jan 14, 2021
  4. News & Interest default browser issue

Default Browser Issue

Hi,

We need more information regarding your concern with your default browser settings. When did the issue start? Were there any changes made to your computer before the issue started? Have you tried resetting your default app settings through the settings app
    and the control panel? If not, kindly do so by following these steps:

• Type default app settings on the Cortana search bar.
    • Click on Default app settings.
    • Click on Reset, then re-select the browser that you want to set as default.
    • After that, click on Set defaults by app.
    • Look for the browser that you want to set as default on the left panel, select it, then click on
      Set this program as default.
    • Click OK, then check if the issue persists.

We look forward to your response.

Joshua Her1, Jan 14, 2021
Thema:

News & Interest default browser issue

1. News & Interest default browser issue - Similar Threads - News Interest default

2. News & Interests only one column

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    News & Interests only one column: My 'News & Interests' flyout is only one column whereas I believe it should be two, see screenshot [img] Any ideas? 172270
  3. Default Browser . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default Browser . . .: My computer, is a. Dell laptop running, Windows 10 pro . . . Boy, did I screw up . . . I have, many different browsers, on my computer . . . Google Chrome, Firefox, Ice Dragon. And not, Internet Explorer. Or, so I thought? Ice Dragon, was my default browser. But, it kept...
  4. Some Interesting Mouse Issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Some Interesting Mouse Issues: Was there something changed to the mouse settings in the new May update for windows 10? Before the update, my mouse worked fine. Now every time I hover over an item, the finger appears on the mouse and automatically selects the folder and I click once to open it. This is...
  5. Default browsers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Default browsers: How can I make IE my default browser for links to sites on my work network and Chrome as my default for links to the WWW? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-browsers/59566007-8ab7-4c8c-a921-374ba037b851
  6. Default browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default browser: How do I switch from Google Chrome default browser to Microsoft as my default browser? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-browser/6255b248-ac49-4454-a0bf-10d421086da9
  7. Default Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Default Browser: I am having a problem whereby my default browser keeps changing from IE11 back to either Edge or blank. Can someone suggest why this might be happening or what program is causing it to change? I thought it maybe the Windows Auto Update that keep changing but am now not so...
  8. Interesting news for VMs

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Interesting news for VMs: Got this in an E-Mail a few minutes ago: The Dell EMC deal: 5 things customers should know | ZDNet 26231
  9. Annoying default browser issue

in Browsers and Email
    Annoying default browser issue: I wonder if anyone else has figured out how to deal with this. I hope it falls under the Windows 10 category. I have 4 versions of Firefox: stable, beta, portables of each. Every time I launch a different one, Windows asks me to make it the default. When I get to the...
  10. Interesting ability for your web browser.

in Browsers and Email
    Interesting ability for your web browser.: Place link to a folder on your hard drive in your browser favorites bar. Open your browser. Open File Explorer/Windows Explorer. Left click on the folder icon in File Explorer and drag it to the Favorites Bar in your browser. You can then change the name displayed by...