Windows 10: news - Interest in taskbar, bug with open tray iscons

Discus and support news - Interest in taskbar, bug with open tray iscons in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Did an update, and got the news - weather icon. Seems it overlaps the arrow for tray icons. Is there a simple fix, or just disable that news thing?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Cixoos, Jun 4, 2021.

1. Cixoos Win User

news - Interest in taskbar, bug with open tray iscons

Did an update, and got the news - weather icon. Seems it overlaps the arrow for tray icons. Is there a simple fix, or just disable that news thing? build 21H1

:)

Cixoos, Jun 4, 2021

2. Recently Opened Items Bugs on Taskbar

Hey guys.

Even i turning off "Show recently opened in Jump Lists or the taskbar" options on Setting my recently opened files, pictures, videos still showing when i right click the icon on taskbar. Is there anyway to force close this options? Because seems like it's bugged right now.

Thanks.

FinalKenpachi, Jun 4, 2021
  3. CD tray will not open

Short of buying a new laptop, is there a way to fix this problem?

You have several options:

• Straighten a paper clip, then push it into the small hole in the CD tray drawer. This will open the tray.
    • Create a shortcut like this one:
      nircmdc.exe cdrom open F:. NirCmd is freely downloadable.
    • Purchase a new CD tray from the distributor. They are easy to replace.
    • Replace the laptop.

Frederik Long, Jun 4, 2021
  4. news - Interest in taskbar, bug with open tray iscons

I can't figure out how to open the disc tray on my toshiba laptop

Hello,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

Kindly try the below steps and check if it helps.

• Locate the eject button near the disc tray. This button is usually directly to the left or right of the disc tray.
    • Press the eject button firmly and quickly. The tray should slide open.
    • Press the eject button a second time to close the disc tray.
    If the above steps doesn't work try the below.

• Open This PC.
    • Right click on DVD drive.
    • Click on Eject to open the drive.
    If this doesn't help, I suggest you to contact Toshiba support for further assistance.

Here is the link:
    http://support.toshiba.com/

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Jun 4, 2021
Thema:

news - Interest in taskbar, bug with open tray iscons

1. news - Interest in taskbar, bug with open tray iscons - Similar Threads - news Interest taskbar

2. News and Interests in taskbar not auto updating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    News and Interests in taskbar not auto updating: I have to manually click the refresh button for anything to update. Very annoying. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/news-and-interests-in-taskbar-not-auto-updating/066738ab-7770-4c91-afc9-7f82dc8e334f
  3. News and Interests in taskbar not auto updating

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    News and Interests in taskbar not auto updating: I have to manually click the refresh button for anything to update. Very annoying. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/news-and-interests-in-taskbar-not-auto-updating/066738ab-7770-4c91-afc9-7f82dc8e334f
  4. News and Interests in taskbar not auto updating

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. News and Interests Widget blank on taskbar

News and Interests Widget blank on taskbar: I searched for this issue beforehand, but while others have had related issues, they did not seem to be quite the same. Also, the recommended fixes failed.My News and Interests Widget is blank, but only on the taskbar. It no longer shows any icon OR information, such at the...
  6. System tray hidden behind the News and Interest widget in the taskbar

System tray hidden behind the News and Interest widget in the taskbar: Well the title says everthing... Since the introduction of the news ans interest widget, if I enable it the little arrow allowing to open the system tray is hidden behind and cannot be accessed ?! If I enable only the icon for the weather I can see part of it but if I enable...
  7. Taskbar News and Interests Microsoft News ignores interest settings

Taskbar News and Interests Microsoft News ignores interest settings: I turned off the News and Interests feature on my taskbar. Why? Because the only news I want to see popping up on my desktop is weather and technology, however, regardless of how I customize the news feed, it still displays national news, politics, and sports and whatnot....
  8. News and Interests on Taskbar

News and Interests on Taskbar: I would like for the News and Interests app to show local weather information on the Taskbar itself instead of just the icon. I have checked "Show icon and text" and "Open on hover." What else should I do?...
  9. News and Interests not showing weather on taskbar

News and Interests not showing weather on taskbar: When I display N&I i don't get the weather icon. I get the icon shown below. Clicking on this icon does bring up some feeds but the weather is not one of them. Is there something else I need to do to get the weather icon? I think when N&I first became available the weather...
  10. News and Interests on the taskbar

News and Interests on the taskbar: This feature just appeared on the taskbar about a 10 days ago and then disappeared after a bios update. Perhaps this is coincidental, but that is when I noticed it was gone and not in the menu for the taskbar. I have Windows 10 home 20H2 Build 19042.985 Also, KB5001391 is...