Windows 10: News & Interest update and systray issues

Discus and support News & Interest update and systray issues in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Windows 10 Home 21H1 x64 (build 19043.1052) Just installed the 6/8/21 cumulative security update that includes the News & Interests nonsense I mean... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by JLJones, Jun 9, 2021.

1. JLJones Win User

News & Interest update and systray issues

Windows 10 Home 21H1 x64 (build 19043.1052) Just installed the 6/8/21 cumulative security update that includes the News & Interests nonsense I mean taskbar function (KB5003637 for me) and am having a version of the corrupted systray icon issues that have been reported. For me, on startup and/or reboot, although all startup apps load and run correctly, no systray icons appear unless N&I is ENABLED (regardless of its settings). Area is just blank, no clock, no nothing. If enabled the icons appear correctly, and if enabled and immediately DISABLED they remain, but that process must be repeated each time: enable N&I and then disable (I don't want it). This holds true for both user accounts, admin and standard. I know this is a known issue but if anybody has any ideas/solutions please speak up

:)

JLJones, Jun 9, 2021
  2. MikeWBL Win User

ActiveSync no longer in SysTray

I now have one remaining issue. ActiveSync does not open automatically when I connect my phone via USB. This is despite the fact that I have a check in the box next to Open ActiveSync when my device connects (File/Connection Settings).

My "Work around" is to open ActveSync manually and then close the window and ActiveSync shows up white in the SysTray. I then connect my device via USB and ActiveSync opens up and eventually Syncs my device.

I can live with this but do you have any suggestions to avoid the step above?

MikeWBL, Jun 9, 2021
  3. btarunr Win User
    Intel Readies P55 Chipset B3 Stepping Update

Intel's is readying a hardware update for its P55 Express chipset, currently the only core-logic for the company's brand new socket LGA-1156 processor platform. The new B3 stepping of the P55 PCH will bring with it a little more than new MM number and S-spec numbers. A list of changes is as follows:
    • New MM number and S-spec numbers for the converted products;
    • Firmware and minor BIOS updates are required with the conversion;
    • Processor MRC/microcode update required to enable future processors;
    • Recommended storage driver upgrade from Intel MSM 8.9 to Intel RST 9.5.
    Although it is listed that the MRC update enables 'future processors', Intel, in a statement issued to X-bit labs assured that the current B2 stepping of the chipset (found on current socket LGA-1156 motherboards) does not leave out support for any of Intel's new LGA-1156 processors that are slated for release in the very near future. The dual-core "Clarkale" 32 nm processor will be supported by both B2 and B3 steppings of the chipset.

P55 B3 stepping is pin-identical to P55 B2, and hence motherboard vendors will not have to come up with new designs. Sampling of the new stepping began as early as on October 02, 2009, and it is scheduled for shipment to manufacturers by the 7th of December, 2009. P55 is the performance core-logic for the LGA-1156 platform. It supports Core i5 and Core i7 "Lynnfield" processors with discrete graphics.

Source: X-bit labs

btarunr, Jun 9, 2021
  4. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jun 9, 2021
Thema:

1. News & Interest update and systray issues - Similar Threads - News Interest update

2. News and interests icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    News and interests icon: Previously, I added to another thread my question about how to restrict the News and interests icon to showing just the weather -- not the stock market. I didn't get any answers. But now it has started showing just the icon i.e., the nature of the weather but not the...
  3. News and Interests in taskbar not auto updating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    News and Interests in taskbar not auto updating: I have to manually click the refresh button for anything to update. Very annoying. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/news-and-interests-in-taskbar-not-auto-updating/066738ab-7770-4c91-afc9-7f82dc8e334f
  4. News and Interests in taskbar not auto updating

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    News and Interests in taskbar not auto updating: I have to manually click the refresh button for anything to update. Very annoying. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/news-and-interests-in-taskbar-not-auto-updating/066738ab-7770-4c91-afc9-7f82dc8e334f
  5. news and interests

news and interests: Thanks MS for the news & interests sarcasm... I have a metered connection and just what I need is something else to use my limited data. * Moved from Community Participation Center...
  6. news and interests

in Windows 10 Customization
    news and interests: cant see news and interests in taskbar menu or it's setting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/news-and-interests/ddb92275-3860-45e7-935b-1b660312cf97
  7. Microsoft news in systray

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft news in systray: How do I get this virus out of my systray? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-news-in-systray/472e4c57-2127-4fcd-a308-3aef9177a853
  8. Microsoft news in systray

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft news in systray: How do I get this virus out of my systray? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/microsoft-news-in-systray/472e4c57-2127-4fcd-a308-3aef9177a853
  9. Microsoft News in the Systray

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft News in the Systray: Microsoft News in the SysTray after a restart (not update associated restart) ... where did this come from????- no News app installed in Start menu- no "News" processes running- no listing in the Task Manager > Startup options- no options on right-click to close/shutdown-...
  10. News & Interest default browser issue

News & Interest default browser issue: When Clicking a card, say a traffic or weather card, in News & Interests the app? opens Edge However, my default browser is Vivaldi! Why is this happening? Can I change this behaviour so that Vivaldi is used under all circumstances? 172271