Windows 10: News & Interests, NOW

Discus and support News & Interests, NOW in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; If you like, you don't have to wait to have this until sometime in May when you will, anyway... This, now available April 28, 21, as an Optional... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Drew1903, Apr 28, 2021.

1. Drew1903 Win User

News & Interests, NOW

If you like, you don't have to wait to have this until sometime in May when you will, anyway... This, now available April 28, 21, as an Optional Update in WU puts News & Interests on the taskbar, now. It, also, has these 2 things KB501391Updates an issue to prevent blank tiles from appearing on the Start menu after updating to a newer version of Windows 10. Adds the ability to adjust the amount of idle time before a headset goes to sleep in the Settings app for Windows Mixed Reality. Tip: Must hit Check for Updates in WU to have this show.Cheers,Drew

:)

Drew1903, Apr 28, 2021

2. FPS drops below 10 every couple of minutes

Very interesting. Our default suggestion list for fighting stutter becomes more interesting.

Ferrum Master, Apr 28, 2021
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Apr 28, 2021
  4. svanleer Win User

News & Interests, NOW

Issues with Cortana and Interests (WP 8.1 GDR1)

Same issue as well...
    • Lumia 1020
    • Porterville, California
    • United States, English
    • English (US)
    • English (US)
    • "My suggestion well is dry. Try back later or add some more interest". When I click on interest I get "We can't get to your interests at the moment, but you can try again in a little bit". I get the same message when trying to add an interest.
    • Charter Cable
    • AT&T

svanleer, Apr 28, 2021
Thema:

News & Interests, NOW

1. News & Interests, NOW - Similar Threads - News Interests

2. Windows 11 News and Interest Widget - how to change speed of the news tiles?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 News and Interest Widget - how to change speed of the news tiles?: I'm on windows 11. i like the weather icon on the taskbar. When I click on it, it shows a full screen of weather and tiles that link to news and ugh ads. However, the news tiles refresh way too quickly before I'm able to read through them. Is there any way to change or...
  3. Windows 11 News and Interest Widget - how to change speed of the news tiles?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 News and Interest Widget - how to change speed of the news tiles?: I'm on windows 11. i like the weather icon on the taskbar. When I click on it, it shows a full screen of weather and tiles that link to news and ugh ads. However, the news tiles refresh way too quickly before I'm able to read through them. Is there any way to change or...
  4. Traffic Incident within the News & Interest will not give me details

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Traffic Incident within the News & Interest will not give me details: When I opened the News & Interest and clicked on Traffic Incident to get more info, doesn't matter where I clicked: The Title, the "See More", nothing happened. Please let me know how can I view the details?...
  5. Traffic Incident within the News & Interest will not give me details

Traffic Incident within the News & Interest will not give me details: When I opened the News & Interest and clicked on Traffic Incident to get more info, doesn't matter where I clicked: The Title, the "See More", nothing happened. Please let me know how can I view the details?...
  6. Traffic Incident within the News & Interest will not give me details

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. "news and interests" now suddenly huge??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "news and interests" now suddenly huge??: what the hell? why is it suddenly so giant? what's going on here? it was not like this for me before, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/news-and-interests-now-suddenly-huge/58e2cfaa-ea87-4568-bda9-104767b1d763
  8. "news and interests" now suddenly huge??

"news and interests" now suddenly huge??: what the hell? why is it suddenly so giant? what's going on here? it was not like this for me before, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/news-and-interests-now-suddenly-huge/58e2cfaa-ea87-4568-bda9-104767b1d763
  9. "news and interests" now suddenly huge??

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Resize or downgrade taskbars News And Interests tab.

Resize or downgrade taskbars News And Interests tab.: Edition Windows 10 Home Version 22H2 OS build : 19045.4170 Recently there was an update that increased the size of the News and Interests window on my taskbar. Before it was a small and simple window that didn't really take up much space. I mostly used it to check the local...