Windows 10: News & Interests pops up then disappears (also Search and Cortana)

Discus and support News & Interests pops up then disappears (also Search and Cortana) in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have eight win10 machines in my home. They are all up to date, and today "News & Interests" showed up on all eight machines (after rebooting). They... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by tzr916, May 4, 2021 at 11:07 AM.

1. tzr916 Win User

News & Interests pops up then disappears (also Search and Cortana)

I have eight win10 machines in my home. They are all up to date, and today "News & Interests" showed up on all eight machines (after rebooting). They all work as expected except my primary laptop, which shows the Icon (or Icon and Text) just fine in the taskbar, but when I hover (or click), the feed window just pops up for 1 second with the spinning icon then disappears. EDIT: This problem also happens with Windows Search and Cortana. Cannot type anything into Windows Search, just blinks and goes blank. And Cortana window pops up for 1 second with circle icon then disappears.

:)

2. Bree Win User

News & Interests pops up then disappears

....so I realised after I posted *Redface

The only other suggestion I can make is make sure your Store apps are up to date, particularly Cortana. It seems the Search Application C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.Search_cw5n1h2txyewy\SearchApp.exe that runs whenever the News and Interest pop-up appears may be an integral part of Cortana.

News & Interests pops up then disappears (also Search and Cortana) [​IMG]

3. Cortana and settings options disappeared

Welcome to Ten Forums ChemicalRage News & Interests pops up then disappears (also Search and Cortana) :)

Does a new user account fix the problem? We can then identify if it's just the account or the whole computer feature of Cortana.

4. News & Interests pops up then disappears (also Search and Cortana)

Cortana and settings options disappeared

Have you been able to use Cortana before and have you experienced any problems with it then?
    What about trying a system restore?

Also this could be of some use to you: Cortana Search Box Windows 10
    I would particually suggest step 3 and see if the problem still remains with a new user account.

Thema:

News & Interests pops up then disappears (also Search and Cortana)

1. News & Interests pops up then disappears (also Search and Cortana) - Similar Threads - News Interests pops

2. News and Interests not loading

in Windows 10 Customization
    News and Interests not loading: News and Interests not loading after forcing to add it by cmd -_-can someone help before i destroy another keyboard? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/news-and-interests-not-loading/795362fb-21c4-4773-90b1-aa4b39d4d83f
  3. News and Interest icon is blur

News and Interest icon is blur: Hi community,I discovered a problem with news and interests ,the problem is the icon is blur and i dont think it shld be like that . Can anyone help me with this . you can get to know the detail in the screenshot below.Regards ,Manas...
  4. News & Interests, NOW

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    News & Interests, NOW: If you like, you don't have to wait to have this until sometime in May when you will, anyway... This, now available April 28, 21, as an Optional Update in WU puts News & Interests on the taskbar, now. It, also, has these 2 things KB501391Updates an issue to prevent blank...
  5. News and interests keep loading

News and interests keep loading: I recently updated my Windows 10 from insider dev program to Windows 10 Insider Preview 21313.1000 rs_prerelease and got new News and section toolbar on taskbar. Although feature is available but whenever I hover my cursor over it or click iteven double click it keeps on...
  6. cortana pop ups

in Cortana
    cortana pop ups: HELP! I am ready to throw my computer away because of the cortana pop ups. Is there any way to at least shrink it or remove it completely unless I ask for help? I tried my settings and control panel and access and advanced and find no way to do this. please Microsoft, do...
  7. Cortana Search Pop-Up while Bluetooth Speaker is On

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cortana Search Pop-Up while Bluetooth Speaker is On: Hi, I'm currently experiencing a bit of a strange problem. I have a Beoplay A1 speaker that I often use with my laptop running Windows 10, however while using it I will constantly be interrupted by a search box pop-up. I have been unable to identify why this is happening....
  8. Cortana Search Pop-Up while Bluetooth Speaker is On

in Cortana
    Cortana Search Pop-Up while Bluetooth Speaker is On: Hi, I'm currently experiencing a bit of a strange problem. I have a Beoplay A1 speaker that I often use with my laptop running Windows 10, however while using it I will constantly be interrupted by a search box pop-up. I have been unable to identify why this is happening....
  9. Interesting news for VMs

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Interesting news for VMs: Got this in an E-Mail a few minutes ago: The Dell EMC deal: 5 things customers should know | ZDNet 26231
  10. Pop UP disappears

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Pop UP disappears: How to make the Pop UP appear in Windows 10? [img] 17994