Windows 10: News & Interests pops up then disappears (also Search and Cortana)

Discus and support News & Interests pops up then disappears (also Search and Cortana) in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have eight win10 machines in my home. They are all up to date, and today "News & Interests" showed up on all eight machines (after rebooting). They... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by tzr916, May 4, 2021.

1. tzr916 Win User

News & Interests pops up then disappears (also Search and Cortana)

I have eight win10 machines in my home. They are all up to date, and today "News & Interests" showed up on all eight machines (after rebooting). They all work as expected except my primary laptop, which shows the Icon (or Icon and Text) just fine in the taskbar, but when I hover (or click), the feed window just pops up for 1 second with the spinning icon then disappears. EDIT: This problem also happens with Windows Search and Cortana. Cannot type anything into Windows Search, just blinks and goes blank. And Cortana window pops up for 1 second with circle icon then disappears.

:)

tzr916, May 4, 2021
  2. Bree Win User

News & Interests pops up then disappears

....so I realised after I posted *Redface

The only other suggestion I can make is make sure your Store apps are up to date, particularly Cortana. It seems the Search Application C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.Search_cw5n1h2txyewy\SearchApp.exe that runs whenever the News and Interest pop-up appears may be an integral part of Cortana.

News & Interests pops up then disappears (also Search and Cortana) [​IMG]

Bree, May 4, 2021
  3. Cortana and settings options disappeared

Welcome to Ten Forums ChemicalRage News & Interests pops up then disappears (also Search and Cortana) :)

Does a new user account fix the problem? We can then identify if it's just the account or the whole computer feature of Cortana.

ellellell1, May 4, 2021
  4. News & Interests pops up then disappears (also Search and Cortana)

Cortana and settings options disappeared

Have you been able to use Cortana before and have you experienced any problems with it then?
    What about trying a system restore?

Also this could be of some use to you: Cortana Search Box Windows 10
    I would particually suggest step 3 and see if the problem still remains with a new user account.

ellellell1, May 4, 2021
Thema:

News & Interests pops up then disappears (also Search and Cortana)

1. News & Interests pops up then disappears (also Search and Cortana) - Similar Threads - News Interests pops

2. News And interest Disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    News And interest Disappeared: Hi, suddenly the mentioned function disappeared when using taskbar located on top position, but if i move it to bottom it appeared again, 1 day ago i used it on top and working fine, but when the last update came not working anymore....
  3. News And interest Disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    News And interest Disappeared: Hi, suddenly the mentioned function disappeared when using taskbar located on top position, but if i move it to bottom it appeared again, 1 day ago i used it on top and working fine, but when the last update came not working anymore....
  4. News And interest Disappeared

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. News and interests icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    News and interests icon: Previously, I added to another thread my question about how to restrict the News and interests icon to showing just the weather -- not the stock market. I didn't get any answers. But now it has started showing just the icon i.e., the nature of the weather but not the...
  6. Windows Search and News and Interests not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Search and News and Interests not working: Hello all,I'm not at all sure how this happened, but for some reason, Windows Search functionality is broken on my computer, as is News and Interests. I can't search for anything and if I click on or so much as hover over News and Interests, a box shows up and then...
  7. Windows Search Bar and News and Interests Widget.

in Cortana
    Windows Search Bar and News and Interests Widget.: https://ibb.co/KrgjYbv I've learned when I updated Windows to the 21H1 update, the current Windows Task bar has an option called the "News and Interests" widget on the task bar. I've disabled it, but apparently my search bar is glitching due to disabling it. The only way to...
  8. news and interests

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    news and interests: Thanks MS for the news & interests sarcasm... I have a metered connection and just what I need is something else to use my limited data. * Moved from Community Participation Center...
  9. news and interests

in Windows 10 Customization
    news and interests: cant see news and interests in taskbar menu or it's setting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/news-and-interests/ddb92275-3860-45e7-935b-1b660312cf97
  10. Cortana Search Pop-Up while Bluetooth Speaker is On

in Cortana
    Cortana Search Pop-Up while Bluetooth Speaker is On: Hi, I'm currently experiencing a bit of a strange problem. I have a Beoplay A1 speaker that I often use with my laptop running Windows 10, however while using it I will constantly be interrupted by a search box pop-up. I have been unable to identify why this is happening....