Windows 10: News & Interests Taskbar Weather Temperature Never Changes

Discus and support News & Interests Taskbar Weather Temperature Never Changes in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My computer updated to version 22H2 and I finally got the News & Interests weather widget on my taskbar like I've always wanted, but it always says the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ChrisPorter09, May 18, 2023.

1. News & Interests Taskbar Weather Temperature Never Changes

My computer updated to version 22H2 and I finally got the News & Interests weather widget on my taskbar like I've always wanted, but it always says the same temperature, it never changes or updates, so obviously it's never telling me the actual temperature outside and is therefore useless.Does anyone know how to fix this? Thank you.

:)

ChrisPorter09, May 18, 2023

2. News and Interests not showing weather on taskbar

I realize this is an old thread, but I have recently run into exactly the same problem. Until a couple of days ago, the weather icon showed temperature, etc. just fine on the right side of the taskbar, but recently is only showing this icon (as noted in previous posts):

News & Interests Taskbar Weather Temperature Never Changes 386485d1623198405t-news-interests-not-showing-weather-taskbar-ni.png

I played with the suggestions mentioned above, but no joy. Not conscious of having made any changes of my own. Last Windows update was KB5022834 Cumulative update, installed on 2/15/2023 but I think my problem dates later than that update. Any new thoughts since the previous conversation appreciated.

retexan599, May 18, 2023
  3. iTsFx Win User
    News and Interests not showing weather on taskbar

Hello, I'm Felipe and I'm an independent Community Advisor, and I'll do my best to help you.

I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with the weather information not showing on the News and Interests taskbar in Windows 10. Here are some troubleshooting steps that you can try to resolve the issue:

Check the weather settings in News and Interests: Right-click on the News and Interests icon on your taskbar and select "Weather settings." Make sure that the "Show weather on taskbar" option is enabled.

Check your location settings: Make sure that your location is set correctly in your Windows settings. Go to Settings > Time & Language > Region and check that your current location is set correctly.

Check the News and Interests app version: Make sure that you have the latest version of the News and Interests app installed. You can check for updates by clicking on the News and Interests icon on your taskbar and selecting "Check for updates."

Clear the cache of the News and Interests app: To do this, right-click on the News and Interests icon on your taskbar and select "News and Interests settings." Scroll down to the "Clear data" section and select "Clear."

Restart your computer: Sometimes, simply restarting your computer can resolve the issue.

If none of these solutions work, you may want to try resetting the News and Interests app or even reinstalling it entirely. To do this, right-click on the News and Interests icon on your taskbar, select "News and Interests settings," and then select "Reset" or "Uninstall." If you're still having issues, you can contact Microsoft support for further assistance.

iTsFx, May 18, 2023
  4. NMI
    NMI Win User

News & Interests Taskbar Weather Temperature Never Changes

Thema:

News & Interests Taskbar Weather Temperature Never Changes

1. News & Interests Taskbar Weather Temperature Never Changes - Similar Threads - News Interests Taskbar

2. News & Interests Taskbar Weather Temperature Never Changes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    News & Interests Taskbar Weather Temperature Never Changes: My computer updated to version 22H2 and I finally got the News & Interests weather widget on my taskbar like I've always wanted, but it always says the same temperature, it never changes or updates, so obviously it's never telling me the actual temperature outside and is...
  3. News & Interests Taskbar Weather Temperature Never Changes

in Windows 10 Customization
    News & Interests Taskbar Weather Temperature Never Changes: My computer updated to version 22H2 and I finally got the News & Interests weather widget on my taskbar like I've always wanted, but it always says the same temperature, it never changes or updates, so obviously it's never telling me the actual temperature outside and is...
  4. News and Interests not showing weather on taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    News and Interests not showing weather on taskbar: Until a few days ago, the weather icon showed temperature, etc. just fine on the right side of the taskbar, but recently is only showing this icon and unable to get it to show temperature, etc. as before: I have the weather card selected in News and Interests: Not conscious...
  5. News and Interests not showing weather on taskbar

News and Interests not showing weather on taskbar: Until a few days ago, the weather icon showed temperature, etc. just fine on the right side of the taskbar, but recently is only showing this icon and unable to get it to show temperature, etc. as before: I have the weather card selected in News and Interests: Not conscious...
  6. News and Interests not showing weather on taskbar

7. News and Interests ‘Weather Icon’ change

News and Interests ‘Weather Icon’ change: Windows 10 Pro 21H1 (19043.1081) Has anyone had the Weather Icon change and do nothing recently? This morning my icon changed to that in the image below and started to corrupt the Notification icons. The Notification Area corruption issue apparently is a known issue and MS...
  8. No weather icon for "News & Interests" on taskbar

No weather icon for "News & Interests" on taskbar: Since the last Windows 10 Professional update I got the new "News and Interests" feature, but when enabling it and enabling either "N&I->Show icon and text" or "N&I->Show icon only" I cannot see the weather icon on the task bar. I only see the test message when selecting...
  9. News and Interests not showing weather on taskbar

News and Interests not showing weather on taskbar: When I display N&I i don't get the weather icon. I get the icon shown below. Clicking on this icon does bring up some feeds but the weather is not one of them. Is there something else I need to do to get the weather icon? I think when N&I first became available the weather...
  10. News & Interests/Weather Widget

News & Interests/Weather Widget: Regarding the new News & Interests/Weather Widget, I would like to know how to UNSYNC it across 2 devices using the same account so that both devices can be in different languages. I have SYNC off in Windows settings & also off on Edge settings, yet every time I change the...