Windows 10: News videos not available in the UK

Discus and support News videos not available in the UK in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I keep getting screen notes over a black video screen informing me the video I want to watch is not available in the UK. I'm LOCATED in the UK, so how... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by StephenRussell2, Jan 12, 2019.

1. News videos not available in the UK

I keep getting screen notes over a black video screen informing me the video I want to watch is not available in the UK. I'm LOCATED in the UK, so how do I get Windows 10 to know I'm based in the UK ?

:)

StephenRussell2, Jan 12, 2019
  2. Stewart_R Win User

Get Cortana to work in English (UK) for Windows 10

I upgraded to Windows 10, and Cortana doesn’t seem to be available based on the Start Menu:

News videos not available in the UK WwDxj.png

but when I click the link, it takes me to this page:

News videos not available in the UK a6AEm.png

which suggests it should be available in the UK, since I've checked

• my language settings are English (UK),
    • I have the English (UK) language pack installed, and
    • the speech settings are also set to English (UK).

I think this is everything, right?  It certainly ticks the boxes in the Microsoft help article.

How can I get Cortana up & running?

Stewart_R, Jan 12, 2019
  3. PC wont boot up (No POST, No Video)

I recently installed a new Asus M5A99X Evo r2.0. The motherboard green LED lights up and the case and cpu fans spin. But there is no video when its hooked up to my monitor.

Steps that i have tried:
    PERFORM THESE STEPS before posting about POST/boot/no video problems! - Systems

Made sure all connections are properly connected.

Flashing the CMOS

Tested the PSU

Followed all steps in the user manual

If there are any links that you guys can point me to or suggestions that could help it would be highly appreciated. Thank you

Mrblack761, Jan 12, 2019
  4. News videos not available in the UK

video usage

Hi,

• Let us know whether the issue is specific to online videos or it is happening with other videos present in your system too?
    As the initial troubleshooting steps, I would suggest you to check all the available Windows Updates. Installation of recent Windows Updates should fix the issue.

If the issue still persists, then try updating the Display driver and check. Here is the steps:

• Press Windows Key + R on your desktop screen to go to run command box.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
    • In Display Adapter, expand Display Adapter, right-click , and then click
      Update.

Please do let us know if you need any other assistance with Windows in future. We will be happy to assist you.

Mayank Gupta10, Jan 12, 2019
Thema:

News videos not available in the UK

1. News videos not available in the UK - Similar Threads - News videos available

2. Why is there so much news from “Metro” in the Uk on the Canadian MSN?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is there so much news from “Metro” in the Uk on the Canadian MSN?: Why so much news from the UK news site? It might be relevant to them, but it isn’t to me in Canada. I couldn’t care less that someone’s artificial turf was stolen or someone’s bathroom hasn’t been finished etc. This isn’t what I call news....
  3. Why can't i get MSN UK news to work?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't i get MSN UK news to work?: For some reason unknown to myself, when i click on any news item in MSN UK it says something went wrongand will end up re-loading main page again. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-get-msn-uk-news-to-work/c3183869-46bb-4ec5-b68a-d1b6470222e7
  4. Why can't i get MSN UK news to work?

Why can't i get MSN UK news to work?: For some reason unknown to myself, when i click on any news item in MSN UK it says something went wrongand will end up re-loading main page again. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-get-msn-uk-news-to-work/c3183869-46bb-4ec5-b68a-d1b6470222e7
  5. Why can't i get MSN UK news to work?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. No news and interest available in 21h2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No news and interest available in 21h2: Hi,I clean installed Windows 10 version 21h2 build 19044.1415 a week ago and there is no toggle for news and interests in the taskbar at all.I have tried to install the KB updates from the Microsoft Catalogue which would bring news and interests however those installs would...
  7. No news and interest available in 21h2

No news and interest available in 21h2: Hi,I clean installed Windows 10 version 21h2 build 19044.1415 a week ago and there is no toggle for news and interests in the taskbar at all.I have tried to install the KB updates from the Microsoft Catalogue which would bring news and interests however those installs would...
  8. No news and interest available in 21h2

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Uk videos on the dvd drive in north America

in Windows 10 Support
    Uk videos on the dvd drive in north America: Saw some dvds that play in uk, but not necessarily in canada. Is there a conversion app? Thanks all https://www.amazon.ca/POIROT-COMPLETE-1-13-David-Suchet/dp/B00EQ30DDQ/ref=sr_1_6?crid=142USFRQX4ZGB&dchild=1&keywords=poirot+complete+collection+dvd&qid=161 174671
  10. color on news clips and videos

in Windows 10 Customization
    color on news clips and videos: when watching a news clip or video the colors seem to be fading out people appear grayish and colors are off how can I fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/color-on-news-clips-and-videos/a758f808-e447-48d1-8deb-c629d4edf930