Windows 10: News/Weather Icon thing covering other icons

Discus and support News/Weather Icon thing covering other icons in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I had a windows 10 update last night and this new News/Weather Icon thing is in my task bar. The problem is that it covers two of my other icons, they... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CelSavard, Jun 10, 2021.

1. CelSavard Win User

News/Weather Icon thing covering other icons

I had a windows 10 update last night and this new News/Weather Icon thing is in my task bar. The problem is that it covers two of my other icons, they are hidden underneath! My "Show hidden Icon button is completely hidden and half of my "Internet Access" icon is hidden too. I tried moving it and I can't and my task bar is unlocked. Is there a fix?

:)

CelSavard, Jun 10, 2021
  2. W1zzard Win User

Techpowerup bookmark icon in firefox?

changed the favicon for the forum
    uploaded a new smaller (bytes) icon for the main site
    added html code to suggest the icon to browsers

but i still cant get it to show up in firefox favourites

W1zzard, Jun 10, 2021
  3. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Jun 10, 2021
  4. W1zzard Win User

NEW! icons keep popping up

any better suggestions how people can easily see when we have new reviews up?

W1zzard, Jun 10, 2021
Thema:

1. News/Weather Icon thing covering other icons - Similar Threads - News Weather Icon

2. Weather / News Icon on the Taskbar

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Weather / News Icon on the Taskbar: After a recent Win 10 update this weather / news icon appeared on the taskbar, ciecled in red. Can it be removed? Keeps opening up when I try and see the Hidden Icons!...
  3. No weather icon for "News & Interests" on taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    No weather icon for "News & Interests" on taskbar: Since the last Windows 10 Professional update I got the new "News and Interests" feature, but when enabling it and enabling either "N&I->Show icon and text" or "N&I->Show icon only" I cannot see the weather icon on the task bar. I only see the test message when selecting...
  4. news/weather icon appeared on its own on taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    news/weather icon appeared on its own on taskbar: I noticed this yesterday. There is a new icon that shows local weather temperature and when I click on it, it opens a news page. I do not recall ever installing this and how do I go about removing it? Dell latitude e5530 laptop running win10 pro 20H2 ver 19042.964. Thanks...
  5. thumbnails covered by icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    thumbnails covered by icons: It didn't work. "always show icons, never thumbnails" wasn't checked to begin with. When I clicked "apply" some of the icons blinked to show thumbnails and returned immediately to the mountain icon. Please try again EDIT -- I went to the main pictures folder and did this...
  6. Paper covering my icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Paper covering my icons: After disabled shortcut icons via regedit, all icons (not just shortcuts) are covered by [ATTACH]this. The shortcut icons were reenabled because of a system failure, and it didn't do this the last time I disabled them. Any help?...
  7. Two weather icons

Two weather icons: Hi! I now have two weather icons on my home screen and I'd like to get rid of one but I don't know how. Thanks for any help. Tonya https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/two-weather-icons/ff77141c-fbd1-4873-b2b6-7d6be7583740
  8. Weather and News system icon tray suggestion

Weather and News system icon tray suggestion: Since recent updates you can no longer scroll through cortana to see the news or the weather. So can Microsoft make a news and also a weather widget in the system icon tray to view them both....
  9. Weather app icon in Chinese?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weather app icon in Chinese?: Today, I did a clean fresh install of Windows 10 Creators Update, and I just noticed that the Weather app in the Start menu is in Chinese. Now, I do not know if this is the cause or not, but before installing Windows 10, I bought a Dell wired mouse. On the box, it says...
  10. Tooltip Covering Notifications Icon

in Windows 10 Support
    Tooltip Covering Notifications Icon: Surprised I can't find any posts about this annoying problem. When auto-hide the taskbar is enabled, the tooltip (e.g., "No new notifications") for the notifications icon covers the icon. This results in having to click twice to open the Action Center. Is there any way to fix...