Windows 10: Newspaper looks terrible.

Discus and support Newspaper looks terrible. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; As you can see in the link,my newspaper look terrible in my browser edge.I had contact with the Publisher but they have no solution. With other... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Ivan4you, Nov 23, 2017.

1. Ivan4you Win User

Newspaper looks terrible.

As you can see in the link,my newspaper look terrible in my browser edge.I had contact with the Publisher but they have no solution.
    With other browsers i have no problem.So,what is the problem here?

http://users.telenet.be/solidjumbo/Foto/Krant.JPG

:)

Ivan4you, Nov 23, 2017

2. Resolution looks terrible

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We are here to assist you.

I request you to send use the screenshot of the issue, in order to understand the issue better.

How to include a screenshot in your post

How to include a screenshot in your post

I suggest you to install the graphic drivers in compatible mode and check. Follow the steps provided below:

• Download the drivers from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the installer and click on "Properties".
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for” and select previous Operating System from the drop down.
    • Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Nov 23, 2017
  3. Okaga Win User
    Resolution looks terrible

I've done everything from updating my drivers, resetting my computer, reinstalling drivers. I have the right resolution set and it looked fine back in the windows preview along with w7 & w8.1. Everything looks just ugly and a little pixelated. It's not just
    icons or fonts either, it's everything that looks this way. I must be doing something wrong but I do have everything in order I believe.

I'm on a 1360x768 and have been running at this resolution on this tv for a good while now so I know it isn't wrong.

Reinstalled Windows 7. Dealing with this was a headache and I don't plan on going back.

Okaga, Nov 23, 2017
  4. Newspaper looks terrible.

Edge is most likely not constructing the code correctly and other browsers like Chrome are fixing it for you.

What is the URL to the newspaper?

Masterchiefxx17, Nov 24, 2017
  5. Bree New Member
    If it's this page...
    www.standaard.be/cnt/dmf20171123_03204554
    ...it looks fine in Edge for me (Fall Creators Update, 1709).

Try opening an InPrivate session and see if it works there. If it does, it's probably something corrupted in Edge's cached You could try clearing Edge's cookies/website data.

6. Ivan4you Win User
    Hello guy,s.The newspaper is De Standaard .The site himself is not the problem.But when you click on "krant" in the left corner then you can select "papieren weergave",but you need a subscription to read it.And that is where the problems occur.
    It is a 100 % edge problem.

Ivan4you, Nov 24, 2017
  7. Bree New Member
    Have you tried an InPrivate session yet? This is a good troubleshooting diagnostic, if it works in InPrivate then the problem is in Edge's cached pages/cookies, not a flaw in Edge itself.

8. Ivan4you Win User

I tried the inprivate session but the problem still exist.Also i have gone to "about flags" and reset but no solution.

Ivan4you, Nov 24, 2017
  9. Berton Win User
    I used the link De Standaard in Firefox 57 64-bit, IE 11 and Edge and even though I'm of German descent but I don't do the German language I got good displays of the several pages I opened in all 3 browsers. I was using my Dell Vostro 1510 with the built-in Intel Mobile 965 display adapter.

Berton, Nov 25, 2017
  10. Ivan4you Win User
    @Berton.The site himself is not the problem.It,s the online newspaper that i can`t read.There is a different between the site and the online newspaper.

Ivan4you, Nov 25, 2017
  11. Berton Win User
    Oh, I thought since the site address belongs to the newspaper I was looking at the paper and several of its pages. Is there an option there for, and have you tried, downloading the newspaper as a .pdf file to read later?

Berton, Nov 25, 2017
  12. Ivan4you Win User
    There is no option to download the newspaper in pdf.

Ivan4you, Nov 26, 2017
  13. MrHudson Win User

Could also be the site has not update to be formatted to use Edge. I visited a website where the contents didn't display right, I contacted them, they replied back their site wasn't updated to use the new browser Edge, recommended to another browser. their site worked fine in IE.

MrHudson, Nov 30, 2017
  14. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

in IE11 the Belgian paper works / renders fine works fine -- also Iceland paper renders correctly. Firefox also renders correctly.

The Iceland papers also let you download a PDF copy --good for phones / tablets.

Newspaper looks terrible. [​IMG]

I think your problem is definitely with Edge or your Video settings. I don't like Edge anyway and only use it if I can't use anything else e.g open a PDF file if I'm using Windows (but I usually do that with OKULAR on my Linux box anyway). Firefox IMO is a far superior browser to Edge or IE11.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Nov 30, 2017
  15. Ivan4you Win User
    My newspaper "de standaard" has fixt the problem.Finally.

Ivan4you, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Newspaper looks terrible. - Similar Threads - Newspaper looks terrible

2. Newspaper icon in place of weather icon.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Newspaper icon in place of weather icon.: In my pc i am getting a newspaper icon on startup and not weather icon. Pls help me get the weather icon in place of the news paper lie thing just after start up. After clicking on the newspaper like icon on the taskbar it changes to weather icon but it does not change to...
  3. Newspaper icon in place of weather icon.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Newspaper icon in place of weather icon.: In my pc i am getting a newspaper icon on startup and not weather icon. Pls help me get the weather icon in place of the news paper lie thing just after start up. After clicking on the newspaper like icon on the taskbar it changes to weather icon but it does not change to...
  4. Newspaper icon in place of weather icon.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Can't turn off high contrast, UI looks terrible

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't turn off high contrast, UI looks terrible: I just notice an HP notebook I bought 2 years ago has a terrible washed out display so I turned on High Contrast, then also turned on Sync and now these settings have synced to my desktop and I can't turn them off. On top of that, the Settings page is darkened and hard to...
  6. The new movies & tv icon looks... terrible

The new movies & tv icon looks... terrible: [ATTACH] Is there any way to roll back to the old icon? https://preview.redd.it/sa58nowj8rk41.jpg?width=104&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=1da67b88a7d1e105ad34305f4cb8f8620da20d04 submitted by /u/Trementation [link] [comments]...
  7. 30 FPS video looks terrible in fullscreen

30 FPS video looks terrible in fullscreen: I've been recording videos with my gopro at 4K 30 FPS. I download the clips on to my computer and when I view them in a small window on a 4k 60 Hz monitor, it looks great and smooth. However, when I put the video into fullscreen mode or simply increase the size of the window,...
  8. Uploaded photos to social media look terrible.

in Browsers and Email
    Uploaded photos to social media look terrible.: No matter what platform I try to post to for my business, the image looks horrible. LinkedIn, FB, IG- it doesn't matter. Just started after I upgraded to build 1903. Was working fine before that. Any one know what the heck could be causing this? As you can see, the image on...
  9. Terrible terrible support.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Terrible terrible support.: I called this number Call a toll free number: (800) 642 7676 / TDD/TTY 800 892-5234 I asked "I want some answer about windows 10 IOT" She said "This is the close time right now" it's 9 PM in US of A (and I think it close 10) So I told her that it's not then she...
  10. Free Windows 10 Now Looks A Terrible Deal

in Windows 10 News
    Free Windows 10 Now Looks A Terrible Deal: Free Windows 10 Now Looks A Terrible Deal (link) Windows 10 is famously ‘free’, but Microsoft has been worryingly silent about just how free it really is. Now, only three weeks before release, leaks suggest ‘free’ Windows 10 might not be a good deal at all...