Windows 10: Newstarad Keeps redirecting me

Discus and support Newstarad Keeps redirecting me in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I keep getting redirected to Newstarad websites of advertisements, I have run bitdefender free and it removed 4 things that were redirecting me and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by darkf0xx, May 29, 2017.

1. darkf0xx Win User

Newstarad Keeps redirecting me

I keep getting redirected to Newstarad websites of advertisements, I have run bitdefender free and it removed 4 things that were redirecting me and stopped most of it, I have checked my "add/remove" programs and deleted everything weird. I have also went to my program files and checked every file name and deleted the same weird ones from the file list. I have checked google chromes settings and made sure its not set to redirect or something on the home websites and things, I have also reset my google chrome browser from the bottom of the page, (advanced settings...scroll to the bottom and pressing reset). it doesnt redirect every single time, just sometimes. I have now also added it to my "hosts" list in my system 32 folder to be redirected to 127.0.0.1 but I want to get rid of it completely. does anyone know what I can do. I remember a 1 click thing I used to have that didnt have to be installed, it would remove some rootkits and redirecting things by scanning then restarting the pc and deleting them on next reboot, (anyone know what that one was?, I forgot). this is annoying, please help.

:)

darkf0xx, May 29, 2017

2. Find my Phone keeps redirecting me?

The most likely answer is that you're in the wrong account. It's pretty common for people to create a new e-mail using the @live.com domain when setting up the phone, if you're signing into a website using a different domain there's a good chance you accidentally
    set up a new account when you set up the phone.

Other than that the second most like reason would be QR14's answer, the phone never linked up to the website.

fredgiblet, May 29, 2017
  3. QR14 Win User
    Find my Phone keeps redirecting me?

Hi...

I'm sorry to say it sounds like your phone was not connected to the website initially.

Can you see your purchase history - all the apps you downloaded before - on the page?

Are you sure you are signed in with the correct account? This needs to be the initial account you set up on the phone, the main Microsoft Account.

4. Newstarad Keeps redirecting me

Hi darkf0xx

You said you ad 127.0.0.1 to host file. In a default host file every line is commented out. That is it starts with a # sign. Do you have any lines other than the one you entered that is not commented out?

You said you found file in system32 folder. You may have just shorten for convenience but normally host file is in system32\drivers\etc folder.

Malwarebytes, free trial, will scan for rootskits although you need to enable this option before scan. Also do a complete scan by select custom and check all drives. Another good good product is HitmanPro and or Adwcleaner from Malwarebytes.

I would also issue these four commands to clear / reset them. Entered in Command Prompt(admin). Do not key in information in brackets within commands, it is there for your info.

ipconfig /flushdns (Clear the dns cache)
    nbtstat -RR (release and refesh NetBIOS names)
    netsh int ip reset (reset ip settings)
    netsh winsock reset (Reset Winsock Catalog)

Ken

Caledon Ken, May 29, 2017
  5. darkf0xx Win User
    How long till my PC restarts? I did it and now it's just booting

Newstarad Keeps redirecting me [​IMG]

darkf0xx, May 29, 2017
  6. darkf0xx Win User
    nevermind, it finally started. took an hour lol

darkf0xx, May 30, 2017
  7. An hour.

When you say you did it I guess you mean ran Malwarebytes. Did it find anything?

Caledon Ken, May 30, 2017
  8. darkf0xx Win User

Nah,I ran the command lines you posted. It took an hour to restart the PC

darkf0xx, May 30, 2017
  9. Never saw that before. These just reset / clear items. I would recommend a scan.

Were / are there any uncommented lines in host file?

Is your host file in default location?

10. darkf0xx Win User
    Yes it's in the normal spot. It probably took so long due to it being a 10 year old Dell laptop

darkf0xx, May 30, 2017
  11. I have one of those, Latitude D630, built for XP. Bumped the memory, changed the wireless card and installed SSD. Great little knocking around laptop. The Intel 7260 wireless card gets cranky, a lot, but I just reload older drivers and all is forgiven.

12. You can refer to this post in which specific steps on how to remove newstarad are given,including manual method and automatic method.

Mathildazzz, Jun 7, 2017
  13. simrick Win User

Do NOT download the software this site is suggesting.
    If you don't want to manually remove this redirector, use these (all free):

RKILL
    RKill Download
    ADWCleaner
    Downloads - AdwCleaner - ToolsLib
    JRT
    Junkware Removal Tool Download
    Malwarebytes Antimalware (with Rootkit selected)
    Malwarebytes | Free Anti-Malware & Malware Removal

You may need to manually reset all your browsers after these scans.

simrick, Jun 8, 2017
  14. Borg 386 Win User
    One thing you should be aware of, once you run RKill do NOT reboot your PC. RKill will attempt to terminate all malware processes, and after it is run, immediately run a Malware scanner. If one of the scanners asks you to reboot, then once that has completed, run RKill again & move on to the next scanner.

Borg 386, Jun 8, 2017
  15. Bree New Member
    *sigh* There are so many of these sites to catch out the unwary, they pop up regularly in any search. They seem designed to use your search string and repeat it back to you parrot-fashion with some generic advice attached that's 'for experts only'. Then they suggest you download their 'tool', but the small print always says "The free version ... only supports the malware scan. If you want to want to clean all detected threats, you need to buy its registered version."

At best it's a con-trick to get you to pay for something you could do for free. At worst it's a source of further malware.

Thema:

1. Newstarad Keeps redirecting me - Similar Threads - Newstarad Keeps redirecting

2. I keep getting redirected to directsearchapp.com, please tell me how to remove

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I keep getting redirected to directsearchapp.com, please tell me how to remove: I am using a HP Laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-keep-getting-redirected-to-directsearchappcom/43beef45-92ad-40e2-b458-743d0c01ab93
  3. I keep getting redirected to directsearchapp.com, please tell me how to remove

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I keep getting redirected to directsearchapp.com, please tell me how to remove: I am using a HP Laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-keep-getting-redirected-to-directsearchappcom/43beef45-92ad-40e2-b458-743d0c01ab93
  4. So my pc just keeps redirecting me to an account and I can't sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    So my pc just keeps redirecting me to an account and I can't sign in: So my pc just keeps redirecting me to an account and i just do not know how to sign off or i can't am not able to sign into other accounts everything happens automatically i need real good help. So i have 2 no3 but the third one has nothing to do with this those 2 accounts 1...
  5. So my pc just keeps redirecting me to an account and I can't sign in

So my pc just keeps redirecting me to an account and I can't sign in: So my pc just keeps redirecting me to an account and i just do not know how to sign off or i can't am not able to sign into other accounts everything happens automatically i need real good help. So i have 2 no3 but the third one has nothing to do with this those 2 accounts 1...
  6. Bing Redirect Virus Keeps Coming Back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bing Redirect Virus Keeps Coming Back: So far, I have tried MalwareBytes, CCleaner, Bitdefender, Windows built-in AV, and Total AV. None of them seem to be able to find the source of the virus. I have already reinstalled Chrome. This Bing Redirect is affecting both Edge AND Chrome. It's been 29 years since I've...
  7. Bing Redirect Virus Keeps Coming Back

Bing Redirect Virus Keeps Coming Back: So far, I have tried MalwareBytes, CCleaner, Bitdefender, Windows built-in AV, and Total AV. None of them seem to be able to find the source of the virus. I have already reinstalled Chrome. This Bing Redirect is affecting both Edge AND Chrome. It's been 29 years since I've...
  8. Redirect

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Redirect: Hello, My SSD is running out of storage and so I want to move my videos folder from my SSD to my Hard Drive. When I go to Video Properties and try to change the location to a folder on my HDD, it says: This folder can't be moved here. Cannot redirect a parent into a child....
  9. Redirecting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Redirecting: Hello I have an issue with lately all of my links i usually click they are redirecting me to other sites and opening up multiple tabs at a time. This as well has been spamming my inbox. I have all firewall setup on strict and smart screen is on. Not sure why this keeps...
  10. redirect to msftconnecttest.com/redirect in startup

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    redirect to msftconnecttest.com/redirect in startup: Hi. Every time I restart my system or turn on from a shut down, this website "MSN France: Hotmail, Outlook, actualités, météo, divertissement" opens automatically in microsoft edge and obviously it dont go anywhere just saying chek your firewall and network Diagnostics. I...