Windows 10: "Newtwork" shows remote PC only after a restart.

Discus and support "Newtwork" shows remote PC only after a restart. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; At 09:00 the remote PC (R) automatically starts. A few minutes later I start the File Explorer in the local (L) PC to look for files in L. This fails,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by gustaf4711, Aug 13, 2019.

1. "Newtwork" shows remote PC only after a restart.

At 09:00 the remote PC (R) automatically starts. A few minutes later I start the File Explorer in the local (L) PC to look for files in L. This fails, because under "Network" the Explorer just shows L; there is no R.

L is now restarted, and, to my surprise, the Explorer shows both L and R under the Network tab. Files in L can now be accessed.

Is there any way to avoid the annoying restart?

It would fit my way of work, if there is a command tat can be given from the command-prompt that "re- scans" the network for connected PC:s.

Ch

:)

gustaf4711, Aug 13, 2019

2. Windows 10 remote access doesn't show that a computer is logged-in remotely to the PC.

Hi,

when I logged in remotely to a Windows 10 PC it did not show that there is a PC logged in
    remotely and didn't display anything, it acts like nothing is happening, So if anyone remotely accessed my PC (Windows 10) I will not recognize that.

any suggestions ?

AnasNajjar, Aug 13, 2019
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond "Newtwork" shows remote PC only after a restart. :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Aug 13, 2019
  4. "Newtwork" shows remote PC only after a restart.

MY PC has just statred to restart even during Boot and after boot, Please help.

if you want to change any setting just do it step by step so you know what might happen when your pc restart again and again

micropage7, Aug 13, 2019
Thema:

"Newtwork" shows remote PC only after a restart.

1. "Newtwork" shows remote PC only after a restart. - Similar Threads - Newtwork shows remote

2. Pc only stops lagging after I restart it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc only stops lagging after I restart it.: I already made this post but the person stopped responding and the fix stopped working.My pc only stops lagging after a restart.I tried to fix it with this stuff and it didn't workI also tried these CMD Prompt Commands:sfc /scannow DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealthDISM...
  3. Pc only stops lagging after restart.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc only stops lagging after restart.: When I turn my pc on everything works fine except games. When I boot up a game after startup it runs at 20-30 fps which isn't great. But after I restart my pc it runs at 60 fps .Sometimes normal usage is laggy. Also apps lag aswellI also tried these CMD Prompt Commands:sfc...
  4. Pc only stops lagging after restart.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc only stops lagging after restart.: When I turn my pc on everything works fine except games. When I boot up a game Roblox after startup it runs at 20-30 fps which isn't great. But after I restart my pc it runs at 60 fps .Sometimes normal usage is laggy.I also tried these CMD Prompt Commands:sfc /scannow DISM...
  5. Pc only stops lagging after restart.

Pc only stops lagging after restart.: When I turn my pc on everything works fine except games. When I boot up a game Roblox after startup it runs at 20-30 fps which isn't great. But after I restart my pc it runs at 60 fps .Sometimes normal usage is laggy.I also tried these CMD Prompt Commands:sfc /scannow DISM...
  6. Newtwork wifi issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Newtwork wifi issue: The mediatek wifi mt7921 wireless lan card adapter is experiencing driver or hardware related problems and a a network cable is not properly plugged in or may be broken. How to fix this issue in window 10. Suddenly i got this issue. Help me this...
  7. Newtwork wifi issue

Newtwork wifi issue: The mediatek wifi mt7921 wireless lan card adapter is experiencing driver or hardware related problems and a a network cable is not properly plugged in or may be broken. How to fix this issue in window 10. Suddenly i got this issue. Help me this...
  8. The newtwork is not present or not started

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The newtwork is not present or not started: Hi, One of the user can not access any server on the network suddenly and getting error message. The network is not present or not started. Machine was fine in morning and user just went for lunch and after that issue accrued. After that if I login with another user still...
  9. Remote Desktop - Stay connected after restarting the remote

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote Desktop - Stay connected after restarting the remote: Hi All, I'm using Windows 10 Pro I'm using remote desktop to access my laptop from my PC. Sometimes I need to restart my laptop and I lose the remote connection. I then have to enter credentials again (password and laptop name) to access my laptop. My question is - Is...
  10. Home Newtworking

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Home Newtworking: I have no HomeGroup on my computer at all. When I search for or try to run or open HomeGroup, all I get back are intenet options nothing on my computer. I am running a current version of Windows 10 Pro, I have browsed other forums (here) with this problem that say that have...