Windows 10: "Newtwork" shows remote PC only after a restart.

Discus and support "Newtwork" shows remote PC only after a restart. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; At 09:00 the remote PC (R) automatically starts. A few minutes later I start the File Explorer in the local (L) PC to look for files in L. This fails,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by gustaf4711, Aug 13, 2019.

1. "Newtwork" shows remote PC only after a restart.

At 09:00 the remote PC (R) automatically starts. A few minutes later I start the File Explorer in the local (L) PC to look for files in L. This fails, because under "Network" the Explorer just shows L; there is no R.

L is now restarted, and, to my surprise, the Explorer shows both L and R under the Network tab. Files in L can now be accessed.

Is there any way to avoid the annoying restart?

It would fit my way of work, if there is a command tat can be given from the command-prompt that "re- scans" the network for connected PC:s.

Ch

:)

gustaf4711, Aug 13, 2019

2. Windows 10 remote access doesn't show that a computer is logged-in remotely to the PC.

Hi,

when I logged in remotely to a Windows 10 PC it did not show that there is a PC logged in
    remotely and didn't display anything, it acts like nothing is happening, So if anyone remotely accessed my PC (Windows 10) I will not recognize that.

any suggestions ?

AnasNajjar, Aug 13, 2019
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond "Newtwork" shows remote PC only after a restart. :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Aug 13, 2019
  4. "Newtwork" shows remote PC only after a restart.

MY PC has just statred to restart even during Boot and after boot, Please help.

if you want to change any setting just do it step by step so you know what might happen when your pc restart again and again

micropage7, Aug 13, 2019
Thema:

"Newtwork" shows remote PC only after a restart.

1. "Newtwork" shows remote PC only after a restart. - Similar Threads - Newtwork shows remote

2. Driver_Power_state_failure only during PC restarts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Driver_Power_state_failure only during PC restarts: Some restarts cause Driver_Power_state_failure on my new pc build. Please help me find the driver at fault. You can tell which restarts will result in a BSOD as applications feel laggy when scrolling through or playing games. A restart that causes the BSOD also takes ages to...
  3. Keyboard unresponsive after restart only.

Keyboard unresponsive after restart only.: I have an ASUS RoG laptop. After my profile became corrupt and set up a new profile, the windows tech support put my old profile info in a weird spot. Seeing as how I didn't have a whole lot and my complete set up was messed up, I decided to just do a reset and start over...
  4. Remote Desktop - Stay connected after restarting the remote

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote Desktop - Stay connected after restarting the remote: Hi All, I'm using Windows 10 Pro I'm using remote desktop to access my laptop from my PC. Sometimes I need to restart my laptop and I lose the remote connection. I then have to enter credentials again (password and laptop name) to access my laptop. My question is - Is...
  5. Network becomes enabled only after restart

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network becomes enabled only after restart: Hi all, This is in continuation to After installing update, system crashes - Windows 10 Forums After one week of trying several things out, I finally I installed Windows 10 again with the option to keep all my apps and settings and am able to install updates now. But now I...
  6. Network becomes enabled only after restart

in Windows 10 Support
    Network becomes enabled only after restart: Hi all, This is in continuation to After installing update, system crashes - Windows 10 Forums After one week of trying several things out, I finally I installed Windows 10 again with the option to keep all my apps and settings and am able to install updates now. But now I...
  7. Pc's on the newtwork can't discover each other or connect

Pc's on the newtwork can't discover each other or connect: So i got a new pc and i can't see it woth me other pc's neither can i see those pc's with the new one and i only can connect to it if i share a drive over network so i was curious if anybody cna help me with this problem because i want to be able to connect to my other pc's...
  8. Home Newtworking

Home Newtworking: I have no HomeGroup on my computer at all. When I search for or try to run or open HomeGroup, all I get back are intenet options nothing on my computer. I am running a current version of Windows 10 Pro, I have browsed other forums (here) with this problem that say that have...
  9. PC is not auto restarted after BSOD

PC is not auto restarted after BSOD: Hi, - Last week, my Windows 10 Home PC had a BSOD with the error STORE_DATA_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION Image: https://ibb.co/niSkYo I have searched on the internet but there is no information about this error. It collected the error information for 100% but without auto...
  10. BSoD after PC start / restart

BSoD after PC start / restart: Morning people! Since 3, 4 (max. 4) days I've noticed that my deskop shows beautiful BSoD after about 30 seconds after typing password to my Win 10 account. It also happens after I restart my PC. So far I tried to uninstall updates installed in last 4 days but nothing...