Windows 10: Next big Windows 10 release will ease activation hassles

Discus and support Next big Windows 10 release will ease activation hassles in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Next big Windows 10 release will ease activation hassles The latest preview release of Windows 10 includes the first glimpse of a new feature... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by groze, Oct 12, 2015.

1. groze Win User

Next big Windows 10 release will ease activation hassles

More

:)

groze, Oct 12, 2015

2. Windows 10 mobile next big update release date ?

thank-you.... which is the other thread with the step by step guide and numbers? surely there has to be a way to download these 3 simple things! language, keyboard and speech for Australia please!!!!!

Andrea2016, Oct 12, 2015
  3. Abi99 (2) Win User
    Windows 10 mobile next big update release date ?

In that other thread, there is a step-by-step guide with numbers. Which number did not succeed. I understand that several parts are missing in your case. However, Cortana only cares about the missing speech.

Abi99 (2), Oct 12, 2015
  4. Craig Win User

I wonder if this means that, for example: let's see you have a laptop that is about 3 years old that came with windows 7. Could you just download the microsoft tool that let's you create a usb or iso disc and do a clean install of windows 10 using the product key on the bottom of your computer during the installation and get a clean, activated copy of 10 that way?

Also, does that go into effect right away or not for a while yet?

Craig, Oct 12, 2015
  5. groze Win User
    No, it doesn't go into effect right away but the insiders get to test it, if I read the article correctly. I don't know when the insiders will get to test it though.

groze, Oct 12, 2015
  6. So, this is ONLY coming out in Preview Builds? Don't understand that -- as the article says its rolling out to "the general public" next month -- and I don't interpret that to mean the Windows Insiders.

But if this IS going to be available to all, then ABOUT TIME!!

Mark Phelps, Oct 12, 2015
  7. Yep....! *Thumbs

Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10565

Cluster Head, Oct 12, 2015
  8. Superfly Win User

Have to agree, it's what we thought would happen initially (when we could activate with Win 8 keys.)

I don't see any Win7 or Win8.1 keys in the latest Preview config. files though...will have to keep an eye out for more info, updates etc.

Superfly, Oct 12, 2015
  9. Trust_No1 Win User
    Well, here is my

Question 1)
    How do you get an OEM product key? what if my hard drive fails and I need to install a different hard drive, PCs no longer come with an actual product key any longer. Let's face it, the biggest problems with PC's are usually their drives, so what then, you have to spend another $30 plus shipping to get a re-install disk?

Question 2)
    I bought upgrade CDs for Pro versions, can I use those Product Keys? or does it have to be the original

I think Windows 10 should display the actual Product Key number it is using, so you can record it and store it somewhere. Then there would be no questions. If they are stored on Microsoft's activation servers, it shouldn't be a problem.

It seems with my Windows 8, it had an original OEM product key, when I upgraded the new key came from the Pro disk, then when I added Media Center, that came with a Product Key and that became the actual Product Key. makes my head spin.

Or do they give a supplier only 1 OEM number to use on all their units they sell, so no PC actually has a unique ID any longer?

Trust_No1, Oct 12, 2015
  10. groze Win User
    I guess the insiders are currently testing it. So, next month it will come out to the general public. I am curious if the insiders were aware of this change. I read the insider postings but not every thread.

groze, Oct 13, 2015
  11. Superfly I used that great tool of yours for getkey before and after I upgraded to windows 10 pro on three of my machines I have all the keys printed out and noted.
    I guess I have all the valid keys that I should ever need to do any type of install clean or upgrade.
    Am I right in my thinking?
    shipinomore

shipinomore10, Oct 13, 2015
  12. John035 Win User
    Not a bad move, I just hope there are no issues a year or two down the road when you build a new system.

John035, Oct 13, 2015
  13. windoz Win User

Hi All,
    New guy here and new to Windows also!*Confused Does all this mean that in the near future I might be able to upgrade my 7 PRO to 10 PRO? Ideally though, what I'd love to do is upgrade my 8.1 HOME that came with my confuser to the 10 PRO using the product key from 7 PRO, while keeping 7 PRO active on the same confuser in a dual boot configuration. Yeah right, like I could get away with that!
    Just Curious Though?
    Gene

windoz, Oct 13, 2015
  14. Boozad Win User
    How/why would Insiders use an OEM 7/8 key to activate?

Boozad, Oct 13, 2015
  15. BillyBob Win User
    Well I have a machine which I'm testing Previews on, never had an RTM, I built the machine and bought Windows 7 OEM for it. So hopefully I wont have to go back to Windows 7 and I should be able to just put the OEM key in to activate it.

BillyBob, Oct 13, 2015
Thema:

1. Next big Windows 10 release will ease activation hassles - Similar Threads - Next big release

2. Some ideas for the next release of Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some ideas for the next release of Windows: My brother told me to say I'm 13 years old because he said my reply was good, he said.1. Transparency in window title bars similar to Windows 7, of course not aero.2. Ability to transfer files and settings and users from Windows 10 or Windows 11.1. Also, an app for Windows 7...
  3. Some ideas for the next release of Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some ideas for the next release of Windows: My brother told me to say I'm 13 years old because he said my reply was good, he said.1. Transparency in window title bars similar to Windows 7, of course not aero.2. Ability to transfer files and settings and users from Windows 10 or Windows 11.1. Also, an app for Windows 7...
  4. linking ios to microsoft laptop is that a big hassle because of the operating systems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    linking ios to microsoft laptop is that a big hassle because of the operating systems: can an ios phone be connected to microsoft pc, it worked a while back but now wont reconnect https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/linking-ios-to-microsoft-laptop-is-that-a-big/80eb7e72-ced8-4d55-9a03-5af28252ccdc
  5. linking ios to microsoft laptop is that a big hassle because of the operating systems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    linking ios to microsoft laptop is that a big hassle because of the operating systems: can an ios phone be connected to microsoft pc, it worked a while back but now wont reconnect https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/linking-ios-to-microsoft-laptop-is-that-a-big/80eb7e72-ced8-4d55-9a03-5af28252ccdc
  6. When is the next windows 10 upgrade is gonna release

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    When is the next windows 10 upgrade is gonna release: When is the next update gonna release for windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-is-the-next-windows-10-upgrade-is-gonna/d69638cf-6f9b-4101-b1bd-f528737d5d4a
  7. Microsoft may have just revealed next big Windows 10 update release date

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft may have just revealed next big Windows 10 update release date: Microsoft will reportedly start proper work on Windows 10 version 21H1 in February when testers in the Release Preview Ring will begin evaluating preview builds (19043 or newer) via enablement package. Windows 10 21H1, for the uninitiated, is a service pack-style update with...
  8. Microsoft is already testing the next big Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is already testing the next big Windows 10 update: Over the past few weeks, Microsoft has released a flurry of new releases on the Windows testing front without any exciting changes. Essentially, what’s happening here is that Microsoft is publicly testing Windows 10 21H1 preview builds with Insiders without any new features,...
  9. What a Hassle . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    What a Hassle . . .: When I run a movie, or type in a new movie. I use Vex movies. I get a screen with the below words. What's worse. It takes 42 seconds to run. When the message is done, the run is stopped. When, I click to start it. The message is repeated. It would do this over and over. So, I...
  10. SKIP AHEAD TO NEXT WINDOW RELEASE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SKIP AHEAD TO NEXT WINDOW RELEASE: When I select this option it, automatically reverted. My Question is When SKIP AHEAD TO WINDOW RELEASE will OPEN, because now it's closed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/skip-ahead-to-next-window-release/660431cb-4fa0-49bc-9ba4-55279ee282d3