Windows 10: Next big Windows 10 upgrade set to hit the testing channels soon

Discus and support Next big Windows 10 upgrade set to hit the testing channels soon in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft will start proper work on the next Windows 10 feature update – due to land in the second half of 2021 – in the coming weeks. Testers will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Oct 25, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

Next big Windows 10 upgrade set to hit the testing channels soon

Microsoft will start proper work on the next Windows 10 feature update – due to land in the second half of 2021 – in the coming weeks. Testers will soon begin receiving preview builds from the next Windows 10 feature update and when this happens, you will notice a big leap in the build version numbers.

Microsoft is now internally testing Windows 10 Build 212xx, which is likely to be part of the Windows 10 21H2 update. Note that Insiders are currently getting builds with version number 202xx, so this would be a jump of 1000 build numbers.

Windows 10 21H1 was originally believed to be the next major update for Windows 10, following the minor October 2020 Update (20H2), but rumours suggest that there is a change in the development schedule.

There’s a possibility that Microsoft might skip the Windows 10 21H1 and let testers jump on the Windows 10 21H2 bandwagon. This is because Microsoft wants to release Windows 10X in the first half of 2021 and to make room for the modular operating system, Windows 10 will receive only one feature update next year.

We also don’t know when testers will receive the bits of Windows 10X ahead of its final launch in 2021.

In the next few weeks or even a month, Microsoft will begin making changes to the Insider testing channels. The active development branch “RS_PRERELEASE” will see a big leap in build numbers and users in the Fast Channel will begin receiving the builds from a future Windows update.

For those unaware, RS_PRERELEASE is the active development branch where the Microsoft developers implement their code changes into the OS and new features first show up in these builds. Insiders are already receiving builds from this branch via the Fast Channel (also known as Fast Ring).

Windows 10 October 2020 Update, which is now available for download, is a minor service pack-style affair with no major improvements except the theme-aware tiles in the Start Menu.

Unlike the October 2020 Update, we’re expecting the next feature update (21H1/21H2) to deliver a bunch of new features. For example, Microsoft is experimenting with WinUI improvements and the tech giant is also exploring rounded corners for Start Menu and taskbar search bar.

The post Next big Windows 10 upgrade set to hit the testing channels soon appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Oct 25, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Oct 25, 2020
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Oct 25, 2020
  4. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Oct 25, 2020
Thema:

1. Next big Windows 10 upgrade set to hit the testing channels soon - Similar Threads - Next big upgrade

2. Upgrade Soon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade Soon: Windows TypeTaskbarLeftsideRightSideWidgetSettingScreenWin 10Simple Option For Change BehaviourCan Add Left Side For Use App use in season or zone or peopleadd one popup in right for add new thingsWidget Must Added Use Data Must not only in admin tools can change thatsetting...
  3. Upgrade Soon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade Soon: Windows TypeTaskbarLeftsideRightSideWidgetSettingScreenWin 10Simple Option For Change BehaviourCan Add Left Side For Use App use in season or zone or peopleadd one popup in right for add new thingsWidget Must Added Use Data Must not only in admin tools can change thatsetting...
  4. Microsoft could soon announce the big Windows 10 revamp

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft could soon announce the big Windows 10 revamp: For Microsoft, 2020 was all about Teams, Office 365, and new Surface products like the Surface Laptop Go. Windows had another boring year and two feature updates in 2020 focused on patching bugs and minor features. However, in 2021, there are multiple reasons to be excited...
  5. Microsoft is already testing the next big Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is already testing the next big Windows 10 update: Over the past few weeks, Microsoft has released a flurry of new releases on the Windows testing front without any exciting changes. Essentially, what’s happening here is that Microsoft is publicly testing Windows 10 21H1 preview builds with Insiders without any new features,...
  6. Will need to upgrade to windows 10 soon, and here are my big concerns and can anyone...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will need to upgrade to windows 10 soon, and here are my big concerns and can anyone...: I have windows 7 64 bit on an HP probook. I have been very pleased with windows 7 and wish Microsoft would not stop supporting it but am resigned to it. So since I waited, I have to pay. I am hoping I can do that reasonably, but I also am going to need help. I want to...
  7. Microsoft is reportedly testing big changes for Windows 10 and Shell

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is reportedly testing big changes for Windows 10 and Shell: Microsoft has been rumoured to be working on a stripped down version of Windows for dual-screen devices. As per reports, Microsoft’s new modular operating system is internally called Windows Lite and it should power the first foldable device from the company. Microsoft is...
  8. Microsoft begins testing Windows 10 20H1, the next big update after 19H2

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft begins testing Windows 10 20H1, the next big update after 19H2: Microsoft has begun work on Windows 10 20H1 which will be released next year, as opposed to 19H2 which will be pushed out in the second half of 2019. For some reasons, Microsoft has delayed the release of 19H2 preview builds and the company has instead released Windows 10...
  9. Just upgraded. PC crashes after I type password and hit next

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Just upgraded. PC crashes after I type password and hit next: I upgraded last night. I am not a noob and in fact work in IT. Anyways I get to the screen that says "Hi there welcome back!" says my name Shamrock. I type my password. Hit next. Then the Curser turns to a round circle and spins for a minute. Sometimes 5 minutes then the...
  10. Next big Windows 10 release will ease activation hassles

in Windows 10 News
    Next big Windows 10 release will ease activation hassles: Next big Windows 10 release will ease activation hassles The latest preview release of Windows 10 includes the first glimpse of a new feature designed to eliminate one specific activation headache. When this change rolls out to the general public next month, you'll...