Windows 10: Next/Previous Multimedia buttons on keyboard no longer working play/pause/stop works

Discus and support Next/Previous Multimedia buttons on keyboard no longer working play/pause/stop works in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So yeah they suddenly stopped working. I use them to control youtube without tabbing in and out. They work on windows media player and groove music,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ash_1204, Jan 24, 2020.

1. ash_1204 Win User

Next/Previous Multimedia buttons on keyboard no longer working play/pause/stop works

So yeah they suddenly stopped working.

I use them to control youtube without tabbing in and out. They work on windows media player and groove music, but that's all. They worked on Opera before.

:)

ash_1204, Jan 24, 2020
  2. HHawk Win User

Multimedia keys on keyboard stop working suddenly...

Hi guys,

I am experiencing an annoying issue with Windows 10 and my Cherry keyboard (Cherry eVolution Stream Multimedia Keyboard G85-23000), especially with the multimedia keys.

Upon a boot / reboot all the multimedia keys are working without issues: mute, volume up/down, etc.
    However sometimes it stops working completely (completely random). I have no idea what is causing it or how to solve it.

When they stop working I cannot get them back working at all anymore, other then rebooting my PC. Obviously this is not a solution, because I have to close everything I was working on.

While typing this, I tried to unplug and plug back in the keyboard. Apparently that solves it also. Though this is not a good solution, because the backside of my PC is not easily reached.

Cherry keyboard don't have drivers available, so that's not a solution. Also removing the HID keyboard thing from hardware devices and reinstall / refresh doesn't provide a solution.

Anyone else experiencing this? Or has a solution for this problem? Would be great, because I am very used to using the multimedia keys (especially the volume keys).

I am using the Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview version. Version 1511 (build 14257.1000).
    Maybe it's an issue with the insider version, or something else. Or my hardware combination... I have no clue...

Thanks in advance.

HHawk, Jan 24, 2020
  3. Bluetooth Buttons (Play/Pause) not working after 1803 update

Bluetooth Buttons (Play/Pause) not working after 1803 update Bluetooth Buttons (Play/Pause) not working after 1803 update Bluetooth Buttons (Play/Pause) not working after 1803 update Bluetooth Buttons (Play/Pause) not working after 1803 update
    Bluetooth Buttons (Play/Pause) not working after 1803 update

Bluetooth Buttons (Play/Pause) not working after 1803 update

Fahad O. A., Jan 24, 2020
  4. Next/Previous Multimedia buttons on keyboard no longer working play/pause/stop works

Side button on G502 stopped working

Hello,

I've been using my G502 mouse for a long time , and it's great, recently however my side button (the "forward" button) has stopped working.

I use this button alot when browsing and I don't know why but it no longer does it's function so I'm asking if anyone might be able to help me in this. I installed Logitech Gaming Software to check if maybe the button is unbinded but everything is normal. I also unplugged/plugged my mouse to see if it works and also restarting my PC, however still nothing.

Anyone have any suggestions , I really like this mouse and would love to fix any problem it has.

Thanks in forward.

gamingmonkey, Jan 24, 2020
Thema:

Next/Previous Multimedia buttons on keyboard no longer working play/pause/stop works

1. Next/Previous Multimedia buttons on keyboard no longer working play/pause/stop works - Similar Threads - Next Previous Multimedia

2. Play/Pause controls no longer working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Play/Pause controls no longer working: Hi there.So I'm having a issue with media controls lately.Until now, the media controls for skip worked. The play/pause buttons didn't respond anymore.I've read another article about this, didn't find anything helpful.I tried everything, from default music player app, to...
  3. Play/Pause Button is not working. Other Media Keys like Next Previous working fine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Play/Pause Button is not working. Other Media Keys like Next Previous working fine: OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.19044 Build 19044 Hi everyone,after days of search i couldn't find any solution, so i'll ask here.I currently have the problem that all my media keys are working except Play/Pause.Neither with the keyboard nor with a button on my...
  4. Play/Pause Button is not working. Other Media Keys like Next Previous working fine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Play/Pause Button is not working. Other Media Keys like Next Previous working fine: OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.19044 Build 19044 Hi everyone,after days of search i couldn't find any solution, so i'll ask here.I currently have the problem that all my media keys are working except Play/Pause.Neither with the keyboard nor with a button on my...
  5. Play/Pause Button is not working. Other Media Keys like Next Previous working fine

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Next/Previous buttons not working.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Next/Previous buttons not working.: Hello Everyone!!I had just now completed copying files from a network drive to the hard disk using robocopy. When I click on the photos in the copied folders, it opens in the default Photos app, but there are no next are previous buttons. I have nearly 50 photos, so without...
  7. Next/Previous Multimedia buttons on keyboard no longer working in chrome play/pause works

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Next/Previous Multimedia buttons on keyboard no longer working in chrome play/pause works: A while ago these buttons stopped working for me, I used them a lot while I was listening to music in my Youtube playlists while working on other things. I tried running these commands in CMD as administrator DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and sfc /scannow, but it...
  8. Bluetooth pause/play button stopped working

Bluetooth pause/play button stopped working: The Bluetooth pause / play button stopped working. I tried both a Bluetooth speaker and Bluetooth earphones that were both working recently and both of them have the same issue with the pause/play button not working. When I try these same Bluetooth speaker & earphones on my...
  9. Keyboard play and pause buttons no longer working

Keyboard play and pause buttons no longer working: Out of the blue my play and pause buttons on my Logitech keyboard have stopped working. The volume controls and mute work, but on Chrome, Firefox, Hulu App, and Windows media players they do not work but do work for the iTunes app and Netflix app. I have tried restarting all...
  10. Rectangle symbols replaced Play/Pause, Previous and Next button

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Rectangle symbols replaced Play/Pause, Previous and Next button: After using the Winaero Tweaker to change the system font of Windows 10, the media control buttons on Spotify has been replaced by rectangles. Is there any way to revert the symbols back but still maintain the current font style..? Pls help. [img] 133946