Windows 10: Next Upgrades Windows 11 - dragging files from one window to another PLEASE!!

Discus and support Next Upgrades Windows 11 - dragging files from one window to another PLEASE!! in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Is it possible to get back this USEFUL system in which you can download a file, and you can drag them to another window without having to make it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PauSuerte, Oct 5, 2022.

1. PauSuerte Win User

Next Upgrades Windows 11 - dragging files from one window to another PLEASE!!

Is it possible to get back this USEFUL system in which you can download a file, and you can drag them to another window without having to make it smaller in order to change it? I mean, with the taskbar, before I get installed Windows 11, I could drag an image, for instance, from my web browser to my desktop or other folder or so when I had Windows 10.But now that I have Windows 11, that's not possible.At first, I thought that it was gonna be fixed in the following upgrades, but it doesn't seem like it anymore.So Microsoft, please, PLEASE, consider this for the following upgrades. It's really a

:)

PauSuerte, Oct 5, 2022

2. Drag and drop in Windows 11

Drag and Drop is now available in Windows 11 Beta Channel.

Announcing Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22581 | Windows Insider Blog

Changes and Improvements

[Taskbar]

• Drag and drop is now supported on the Windows 11 taskbar. Quickly drag and drop files between app windows, by hovering over apps in the taskbar to bring their windows to the foreground. Try attaching a file to an Outlook e-mail by dragging it and hovering over the Outlook icon in the taskbar to bring the window to the foreground. Once in the foreground, drop your file into the e-mail to attach it. You can also customize your taskbar with your favorite apps from Start’s All apps list by dragging and dropping over the taskbar to pin them. You can also drag and drop to the desktop via “Show desktop” at the very right corner of the taskbar.

Sumit (Volunteer Moderator), Oct 5, 2022
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 5, 2022
  4. gatahwa Win User

Drag and drop in Windows 11

Next Upgrades Windows 11 - dragging files from one window to another PLEASE!! 6eaaeddb-ce73-45b8-9ed7-bbcb96a3909c?upload=true.png

Hello,

It is May and I still have "Build 22000", how do I update to "Build 22581"?

Regards,

gatahwa, Oct 5, 2022
Thema:

1. Next Upgrades Windows 11 - dragging files from one window to another PLEASE!! - Similar Threads - Next Upgrades dragging

2. Next Upgrades Windows 11 - dragging files from one window to another PLEASE!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Next Upgrades Windows 11 - dragging files from one window to another PLEASE!!: Is it possible to get back this USEFUL system in which you can download a file, and you can drag them to another window without having to make it smaller in order to change it? I mean, with the taskbar, before I get installed Windows 11, I could drag an image, for instance,...
  3. Upgrading from windows 10 on one device to windows 11 on another

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading from windows 10 on one device to windows 11 on another: I have an old Lenovo Thinkpad laptop, and I about to build my own PC, I was wondering if I am able to use my copy of windows 10 to activate 11 on my brand new PC. Is there any way I can transfer the key and use it on my new machine?...
  4. Upgrading from windows 10 on one device to windows 11 on another

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrading from windows 10 on one device to windows 11 on another: I have an old Lenovo Thinkpad laptop, and I about to build my own PC, I was wondering if I am able to use my copy of windows 10 to activate 11 on my brand new PC. Is there any way I can transfer the key and use it on my new machine?...
  5. Can't drag window from one monitor to another seamlessly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't drag window from one monitor to another seamlessly: I'm using Windows 10 Pro x64 and I have two monitors. I have no problem with respect to their orientation re which is monitor 1 and 2. Moving the mouse from left to right, right to left is correct.My issue is moving a window from one monitor to the other. When I grab the top...
  6. Can't drag window from one monitor to another seamlessly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't drag window from one monitor to another seamlessly: I'm using Windows 10 Pro x64 and I have two monitors. I have no problem with respect to their orientation re which is monitor 1 and 2. Moving the mouse from left to right, right to left is correct.My issue is moving a window from one monitor to the other. When I grab the top...
  7. Can't drag window from one monitor to another seamlessly

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Issue dragging from one monitor to another

in Windows 10 Support
    Issue dragging from one monitor to another: I am using the latest version of Windows 10 with the latest version of Chrome as my browser. This is an issue that only started today or at least I only noticed it today. I can drag google chrome tabs from one monitor to another but certain other things I can not. For...
  9. Cannot drag from one screen to another

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot drag from one screen to another: Hello, I am using Windows 10 on my laptop and recently tried to connect an Acer monitor for an additional screen using an HDMI cable. 1. Followed online instructions. 2. Acer monitor shows desks with no icons but has an active taskbar. 3. On occasion, the mouse will...
  10. dragging messages from one account to another

in Browsers and Email
    dragging messages from one account to another: I have used Windows Live Mail 2012 in Windows 7 for a few years; most of my activity is in two Hotmail/Outlook accounts. One useful feature was the ability to move messages from one account to the other -- I kept all my archived messages under one account, no matter which one...