Windows 10: Add or Remove Sites for Microsoft Edge Web Notifications in Windows 10

Discus and support Add or Remove Sites for Microsoft Edge Web Notifications in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Add or Remove Sites for Microsoft Edge Web Notifications in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Sites for Microsoft Edge Web Notifications in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Jan 27, 2018.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Add or Remove Sites for Microsoft Edge Web Notifications in Windows 10

How to: Add or Remove Sites for Microsoft Edge Web Notifications in Windows 10

How to Add or Remove Sites for Microsoft Edge Web Notifications in Windows 10

Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster, safer, and compatible with the modern Web.

Starting with Windows 10 build 14342, Microsoft Edge now supports real-time web notifications, which allow participating websites to send notifications to you via Action Center, with your permission.

Microsoft Edge now supports web push notifications via the Push API, beginning with the Windows 10 April 2018 Update.

For more details about Web Notifications in Microsoft Edge, see:
    This tutorial will show you how to add or remove sites for Web Notifications in Microsoft Edge for your account in Windows 10.

*note Notifications that originate from sites in an InPrivate window will not be stored in Action Center, and permission settings for those domains will not be saved after each session.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Add a Site to Web Notifications in Microsoft Edge
    • Option Two: To Remove a Site from Web Notifications in Microsoft Edge

EXAMPLE: Web Notification

Add or Remove Sites for Microsoft Edge Web Notifications in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] To Add a Site to Web Notifications in Microsoft Edge
    1. When you visit a website like Skype for Web in Microsoft Edge that uses the Web Notification API, click/tap on Yes when prompted by Microsoft Edge for permission to show notifications. (see screenshot below)

OPTION TWO [/i] To Remove a Site from Web Notifications in Microsoft Edge
    1. Open the Microsoft Edge app.

2. Click/tap on the Settings and more (Alt+X) button at the top right corner, and click/tap on Settings. (see screenshot below)

3. Click/tap on Advanced on the left side, and click/tap on the Manage permissions button under Website permissions on the right side. (see screenshot below)

4. Perform the following actions below for what you would like to do:

To Remove All Sites from Web Notifications in Microsoft Edge
    A) Click/tap on Clear all. (see screenshot below)

To Remove a Single Site (option 1) from Web Notifications in Microsoft Edge
    A) Hover the pointer on the site you want to remove, and click/tap on the clear X button to the right of it. (see screenshot below)

To Remove a Single Site (option 2) from Web Notifications in Microsoft Edge
    A) Click/tap on the site you want to remove. (see screenshot below)

B) Click/tap on the Clear permissions button. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Jan 27, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Web Notifications in Microsoft Edge

Source: Web Notifications in Microsoft Edge | Microsoft Edge Dev Blog

See also:

Brink, Oct 26, 2019
  3. namsilat Win User
    no web site notification

Since about a month ago I stopped receiving notifications from a particular web site that sends them daily. There's no problem receiving notifications from other sites such as Facebook. I am using Chrome so I have been tweaking its notifications in setting, until I tried other browsers such as IE and also received no notifications from this web site. The web site assured me that they are sending out notifications and nobody else has complained about this problem. At this point it looks to be a Windows 10 issue, not a browser issue, so I have been looking at notifications in setting for Windows 10, but there's really nothing there that affects notifications in browsers. Does anybody have any idea or suggestion as to what else that I can check or tweak?

namsilat, Oct 26, 2019
  4. namsilat Win User

no web site notification

I was thinking about many of those possibilities, so I fast forwarded to another step, I tried on another computer and it also failed to receive notification from this particular web site. At this point I am thinking about port 443 in the router which affects all the computers. If for some reason port 443 is blocked in the router, could I still be able to receive notification from sites like Facebook?

namsilat, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Brink Win User
    Microsoft Edge now supports web push notifications via Push API

Source: Get started with web push notifications - Microsoft Edge Dev Blog

Tip Turn On or Off Web Notifications for Sites in Microsoft Edge

Add or Remove Sites for Microsoft Edge Web Notifications in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials

Brink, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Brink Win User
    Microsoft Edge now supports web push notifications via Push API

Source: Get started with web push notifications - Microsoft Edge Dev Blog

Tip Turn On or Off Web Notifications for Sites in Microsoft Edge

Add or Remove Sites for Microsoft Edge Web Notifications in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials

Brink, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Add or Remove Sites for Microsoft Edge Web Notifications in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Add Remove Sites

2. Microsoft Edge browsing and problems with opening web sites

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge browsing and problems with opening web sites: When I have either MS Edge or Google Chrome web browsers open and I go to MSN web site to search news stories, whenever I click on a story, no matter what the story is, it never opens that story - but rather reverts back to the main landing page. This just started today and...
  3. Microsoft Edge browsing and problems with opening web sites

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Edge browsing and problems with opening web sites: When I have either MS Edge or Google Chrome web browsers open and I go to MSN web site to search news stories, whenever I click on a story, no matter what the story is, it never opens that story - but rather reverts back to the main landing page. This just started today and...
  4. notifications from web sites

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    notifications from web sites: I am getting a popup window in the upper right corner of my screen. I think it is because I inadvertently allow notifications from some websites by clicking on "allow". How can I get rid of or block these popup windows?...
  5. Edge Start Menu Web Site Add

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edge Start Menu Web Site Add: Latest info from Google is to find "PIN TO START MENU" when I want to add a website to the START MENU. But there is no "PIN TO START MENU". Has this feature been deleted or is it hidden?...
  6. How can I delete a Edge browser web site notification ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I delete a Edge browser web site notification ?: I can't seem to be able to delete a Edge browser web site notification specifically in group notifications. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-can-i-delete-a-edge-browser-web-site/7557f71e-6a60-4865-a9aa-ec276485c59f
  7. Microsoft Edge Not Seeing recent Web Site Updates

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Edge Not Seeing recent Web Site Updates: I maintain sites using Dreamweaver/Filezilla. After loading updates to the site I cannot see any change using Edge but can see them using Firefox. The control panel on the web site also shows the files as having been updated. The updates do appear after a period of time but I...
  8. no web site notification

in Browsers and Email
    no web site notification: Since about a month ago I stopped receiving notifications from a particular web site that sends them daily. There's no problem receiving notifications from other sites such as Facebook. I am using Chrome so I have been tweaking its notifications in setting, until I tried...
  9. Web Notifications in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Web Notifications in Microsoft Edge: Starting with the most recent Windows Insider Preview release (build 14.14342), Web Notifications are enabled by default in Microsoft Edge on Windows 10 PCs and tablets. This feature will be available to all Microsoft Edge customers in EdgeHTML 14, coming this summer with the...
  10. Turn On or Off Web Notifications for Sites in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Web Notifications for Sites in Microsoft Edge: How to: Turn On or Off Web Notifications for Sites in Microsoft Edge How to Turn On or Off Microsoft Edge Web Notifications for Sites in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. remove edge notification from settings