Windows 10: NFC LOG ON

Discus and support NFC LOG ON in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, How to set up NFC log on in windows 10 ? , pls advise.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by K . S . Mark -, Sep 17, 2018.

1. NFC LOG ON

Hi,

How to set up NFC log on in windows 10 ? , pls advise.

:)

K . S . Mark -, Sep 17, 2018

2. About NFC

Hi The Fallen Ashzlastic,

There's several things to understand about NFC.

• Insure it is turned on in Settings => tap+send => On
    • Insure that you know where your device's NFC "sweet spot" is located. Using the Nokia wireless stand, I have to specifically touch my Nokia Lumia 1020 to a specific spot on the stand to trigger the NFC on the stand and launch a special app.
    • Be warned that some cases might weaken the NFC transmission. If you have a case on your device, remove it and try NFC again.

If this all fails, I'd suggest taking your phone back to where you purchased it and have them check it. You might have faulty or bad NFC in your Nokia Lumia 925.

I hope this helps!

David

David Scammell, Sep 17, 2018
  3. btarunr Win User
    ASUS Announces NFC Express USB 3.0 NFC Receiver

Turn your PC into an NFC-enabled system with ASUS' brand new USB 3.0 NFC receiver 'NFC EXPRESS'. Corresponding to the ASUS motherboards, the device allows you to manipulate your PC with smartphones equipped with NFC, and you can log in to Windows 8 with NFC tag attached to it. It also allows you transfer photos and videos that are stored in the tablet or NFC smartphone to the PC by simply holding the NFC receiver. In terms of specs, the NFC EXPRESS is equipped with a USB 3.0 connection interface and a 2-port USB 3.0 hub.

The NFC EXPRESS accessory has added a sensor box to the mix, this being the spot where you'll be tapping your smartphones to pair with your NFC EXPRESS-laden ASUS Z87 motherboard. This device connects to your PC with its two USB 3.0 ports and allows password-free Windows 8 login, automatic data syncing, and again, Remote Desktop connectivity - which we're especially interested in seeing due to the relative lack of dedicated services as such in the Android world aside services like SplashTop.

NFC LOG ON 144a_thm.jpg

The NFC EXPRESS accessory ships with the Z87-DELUXE/DUAL motherboard but can also be purchased separately.

With ASUS 8 Series motherboards, one tap gets your PC going! Cable-free transfer of photos and videos from your NFC-supporting smart devices to your PC - Works with NFC-compatible smart devices to enable Wi-Fi GO! Remote Desktop with no additional settings needed. Quick launch apps, games, and web sites from a smart device. Tap to quickly log into Windows 8 with no password required. Elegant and sleek ASUS NFC Express box comes with two extra USB 3.0 ports.

btarunr, Sep 17, 2018
  4. btarunr Win User

NFC LOG ON

NFC Forum and Bluetooth SIG Publish Developers Guide to Use NFC for Bluetooth Pairing

The NFC Forum, a non-profit industry association that advances the use of Near Field Communication (NFC) technology, and the Bluetooth Special Interest Group (SIG), the trade association responsible for the development, promotion and protection of the Bluetooth specification, today announced the publication of Bluetooth Secure Simple Pairing Using NFC. The new document provides developers with examples of how to implement Bluetooth Secure Simple Pairing (SSP) using NFC to take maximum advantage of both technologies when they are present in the same device. The publication is available for free download.

Bluetooth Secure Simple Pairing Using NFC describes the interaction of Bluetooth technology and NFC during SSP in detail and provides examples of both negotiated and static handover in the most feasible use cases involving both technologies. Developers will find the examples useful guides for their own work, including:
    • Pairing devices with little or no user interface (such as headsets and pedometers) to smartphones
    • Pairing devices with extensive user interfaces (such as cars) to smartphones
    • Pairing devices such as TVs and smartphones to share photos or to use the phone as a remote control
    "Since its founding, the NFC Forum has worked hard to advance the market for NFC solutions – first by creating 16 technical specifications, and now, through collaboration with groups such as the Bluetooth SIG, to guide the development of solutions that build upon those specifications," said Koichi Tagawa, chairman of the NFC Forum. "Working with the globally recognized and embedded Bluetooth standard makes perfect sense for NFC. It reaffirms our commitment to broadening the commercialization of NFC solutions and providing new benefits to consumers."

"With over four billion Bluetooth technology enabled devices in market today and nearly two billion coming online in 2011 alone, Bluetooth technology has massive scale, support and runway for aggressive growth, and we're excited to help developers leverage NFC in the right scenarios," said Michael Foley, Ph.D., executive director, Bluetooth SIG. "The beauty of this collaboration is that the SIG, working with the NFC Forum, provides developers with even more design options for connecting Bluetooth devices. For those scenarios that make sense, and where both technologies are available, designing with Bluetooth Secure Simple Pairing using NFC should further empower developers to create great consumer experiences."

NFC Forum Application Documents are informative technical documents designed to promote NFC solutions in vertical markets and to foster best practices, by describing proposed solutions based on NFC Forum specifications.

The developers guide document can be accessed here (PDF).

btarunr, Sep 17, 2018
Thema:

NFC LOG ON

1. NFC LOG ON - Similar Threads - NFC LOG

2. how to tell if i have NFC on my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to tell if i have NFC on my PC: How do I determine if I have NFC on my PC, not smartphone, and how to use it. Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-tell-if-i-have-nfc-on-my-pc/0510710d-c910-4ea6-bb29-b840f583f722
  3. how to tell if i have NFC on my PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to tell if i have NFC on my PC: How do I determine if I have NFC on my PC, not smartphone, and how to use it. Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-tell-if-i-have-nfc-on-my-pc/0510710d-c910-4ea6-bb29-b840f583f722
  4. how to tell if i have NFC on my PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Yubico 5 NFC with Windows Hello; never accepts pin but authenticates sites.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Yubico 5 NFC with Windows Hello; never accepts pin but authenticates sites.: So my YubiKey security key may have been initially been installed on a different computer with my same username Microsoft account shows these two completely separate computers but this configuration neither authenticated via pin with my former install of windows on the...
  6. Yubico 5 NFC with Windows Hello; never accepts pin but authenticates sites.

Yubico 5 NFC with Windows Hello; never accepts pin but authenticates sites.: So my YubiKey security key may have been initially been installed on a different computer with my same username Microsoft account shows these two completely separate computers but this configuration neither authenticated via pin with my former install of windows on the...
  7. b;uetooth not working windows 11 laptop and poco nfc x3 phone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    b;uetooth not working windows 11 laptop and poco nfc x3 phone: helllllllllo there, i have been trying to connect my poco nfc x3 phone and my windows 11 laptop via bluetooth but the longest one is only one freaking second. Can you please please help me?...
  8. b;uetooth not working windows 11 laptop and poco nfc x3 phone

b;uetooth not working windows 11 laptop and poco nfc x3 phone: helllllllllo there, i have been trying to connect my poco nfc x3 phone and my windows 11 laptop via bluetooth but the longest one is only one freaking second. Can you please please help me?...
  9. Windows Login NFC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Login NFC: Hi,Could you please help me out with this technical question from my named partner. The situation is as follows:Partner is working on a project in which it is required to login a user without put a password on system, based on “token”. They have seen that Windows 11 can do...
  10. LOG IN TO WINDOWS 10 WITH A YUBICO 5C NFC USB KEY

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    LOG IN TO WINDOWS 10 WITH A YUBICO 5C NFC USB KEY: I wanted to hackproof my Home Windows 10 Desktop which used a local password against hackers without having to type in a 16 -20 character password so I thought configuring my Windows log in to require a YUBIO 5C NFC USB KEY would be a way to keep my windows log in password to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. login to win 10 with nfc