Windows 10: NFC technology

Discus and support NFC technology in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello! I work for an IT company and we just got a new client, we are trying to find a fast painless login for a doctor, we are looking into the NFC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by valerieMcCracken, Aug 27, 2019.

1. NFC technology

Hello!

I work for an IT company and we just got a new client, we are trying to find a fast painless login for a doctor, we are looking into the NFC technology so he can just "boop" right into his computer, I have done some research and we are excited to use this technology but i cant find the software that will connect the NFC credentials with Active directory, does this type of software exist? I know it has too because I see multiple healthcare facilities using it and i know it cant be as simple as writing the card and connecting the card code to AD. Any ideas?

Thanks!
    Valerie

:)

valerieMcCracken, Aug 27, 2019
  2. btarunr Win User

NFC Forum and Bluetooth SIG Publish Developers Guide to Use NFC for Bluetooth Pairing

The NFC Forum, a non-profit industry association that advances the use of Near Field Communication (NFC) technology, and the Bluetooth Special Interest Group (SIG), the trade association responsible for the development, promotion and protection of the Bluetooth specification, today announced the publication of Bluetooth Secure Simple Pairing Using NFC. The new document provides developers with examples of how to implement Bluetooth Secure Simple Pairing (SSP) using NFC to take maximum advantage of both technologies when they are present in the same device. The publication is available for free download.

Bluetooth Secure Simple Pairing Using NFC describes the interaction of Bluetooth technology and NFC during SSP in detail and provides examples of both negotiated and static handover in the most feasible use cases involving both technologies. Developers will find the examples useful guides for their own work, including:
    • Pairing devices with little or no user interface (such as headsets and pedometers) to smartphones
    • Pairing devices with extensive user interfaces (such as cars) to smartphones
    • Pairing devices such as TVs and smartphones to share photos or to use the phone as a remote control
    "Since its founding, the NFC Forum has worked hard to advance the market for NFC solutions – first by creating 16 technical specifications, and now, through collaboration with groups such as the Bluetooth SIG, to guide the development of solutions that build upon those specifications," said Koichi Tagawa, chairman of the NFC Forum. "Working with the globally recognized and embedded Bluetooth standard makes perfect sense for NFC. It reaffirms our commitment to broadening the commercialization of NFC solutions and providing new benefits to consumers."

"With over four billion Bluetooth technology enabled devices in market today and nearly two billion coming online in 2011 alone, Bluetooth technology has massive scale, support and runway for aggressive growth, and we're excited to help developers leverage NFC in the right scenarios," said Michael Foley, Ph.D., executive director, Bluetooth SIG. "The beauty of this collaboration is that the SIG, working with the NFC Forum, provides developers with even more design options for connecting Bluetooth devices. For those scenarios that make sense, and where both technologies are available, designing with Bluetooth Secure Simple Pairing using NFC should further empower developers to create great consumer experiences."

NFC Forum Application Documents are informative technical documents designed to promote NFC solutions in vertical markets and to foster best practices, by describing proposed solutions based on NFC Forum specifications.

The developers guide document can be accessed here (PDF).

btarunr, Aug 27, 2019
  3. NjnBat Win User
    NFC Tags - Windows Phone Os Far Behind

Nokia lumia 920 has nfc technology in it and nfc tags are currently one of the best accessories to make use of this technology along with the other uses of nfc like sharing ,connecting to nfc enabled speakers etc.

NFC tags help smartphone users to toggle their profile settings seamlessly and perform multiple actions by swiping their phones over the tags.
    There are many practical uses of NFC and its very helpful in automating our daily tasks .
    But due to the policies in windows phone os, i am wondering how we can make use of this technology to automate things using nfc tags eventhough there are quite a few apps to write nfc tags in store.

First and foremost the confirmation prompt for toggling the settings is not helping the cause of nfc tags.
    Secondly the absence of automating multiple tasks for windowsphone using store apps is resulting in cutting down the benefits of nfc tags.

I would love to hear from microsoft officials and views of community moderators regarding this.

Is microsoft working towards removing the prompt screen and is it possible for windows phone 0S to support multitasking of nfc tags.

Can we expect any improvements in feature ?

Pls vote for this in below link if you feel its required. There are close to 2000 votes now.

http://windowsphone.uservoice.com/f...s/suggestions/3088478-nfc-tagg-system-changes

Some articles showing the practical uses of nfc for smartphone users are listed here for reference.
    How to make tags with Multiple Actions

18 Creative & Useful Ways To Use NFC Tags With Your Android Phone

NjnBat, Aug 27, 2019
  4. btarunr Win User

NFC technology

INSIDE Secure to Provide NFC Technology and Products to Intel

INSIDE Secure, a leader in semiconductor solutions for secure transactions and digital identity, today announced it has entered into an agreement with Intel Corporation (NASDAQ: INTC) to provide the company with INSIDE's NFC products and technologies. The agreement marks a significant milestone for INSIDE Secure and the future of the NFC industry, helping move this emerging technology towards full-scale market adoption.

The agreement gives Intel access to INSIDE's software, firmware and core hardware technology for development of future Intel products. In addition, INSIDE will provide Intel's Mobile Wireless Group with access to scalable NFC solutions based on INSIDE's MicroRead, SecuRead and Open NFC products.

"We are very excited to have this opportunity to work alongside Intel in the development of scalable NFC solutions for the industry," said Charles Walton, chief operating officer for INSIDE Secure. "Working with an industry leader like Intel will play a significant role in the mainstream rollout of NFC."

"NFC is gaining traction in many markets as one of the most convenient ways to use consumer electronic devices for payments and retail commerce transactions, for access to facilities and information, and a host of other applications," said Aicha Evans, vice-president and general manager of Intel's Mobile Wireless Group. "We look forward to working with INSIDE to develop and bring to market a range of exciting connectivity solutions for mainstream consumer products that incorporate NFC features."

A third-generation product that sets a new standard for ease of integration, the MicroRead NFC controller offers a broad range of NFC options and provides the capacity to support multiple secure element types, including SIM, SE or SD card, to support multiple business models. SecuRead integrates INSIDE's award-winning MicroRead NFC controller with a high-performance secure element and a GlobalPlatform-compliant Java Card™ operating system. Both products are integrated with INSIDE's Open NFC protocol stack to provide best-of-breed solutions. Winner of the prestigious SESAMES Innovation Award, Open NFC has quickly become recognized as an open solution for NFC enablement on mobile devices, and has received significant industry support from a broad array of participants in the NFC ecosystem.

btarunr, Aug 27, 2019
Thema:

NFC technology

1. NFC technology - Similar Threads - NFC technology

2. how to tell if i have NFC on my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to tell if i have NFC on my PC: How do I determine if I have NFC on my PC, not smartphone, and how to use it. Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-tell-if-i-have-nfc-on-my-pc/0510710d-c910-4ea6-bb29-b840f583f722
  3. how to tell if i have NFC on my PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to tell if i have NFC on my PC: How do I determine if I have NFC on my PC, not smartphone, and how to use it. Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-tell-if-i-have-nfc-on-my-pc/0510710d-c910-4ea6-bb29-b840f583f722
  4. how to tell if i have NFC on my PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Yubico 5 NFC with Windows Hello; never accepts pin but authenticates sites.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Yubico 5 NFC with Windows Hello; never accepts pin but authenticates sites.: So my YubiKey security key may have been initially been installed on a different computer with my same username Microsoft account shows these two completely separate computers but this configuration neither authenticated via pin with my former install of windows on the...
  6. Yubico 5 NFC with Windows Hello; never accepts pin but authenticates sites.

Yubico 5 NFC with Windows Hello; never accepts pin but authenticates sites.: So my YubiKey security key may have been initially been installed on a different computer with my same username Microsoft account shows these two completely separate computers but this configuration neither authenticated via pin with my former install of windows on the...
  7. b;uetooth not working windows 11 laptop and poco nfc x3 phone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    b;uetooth not working windows 11 laptop and poco nfc x3 phone: helllllllllo there, i have been trying to connect my poco nfc x3 phone and my windows 11 laptop via bluetooth but the longest one is only one freaking second. Can you please please help me?...
  8. b;uetooth not working windows 11 laptop and poco nfc x3 phone

b;uetooth not working windows 11 laptop and poco nfc x3 phone: helllllllllo there, i have been trying to connect my poco nfc x3 phone and my windows 11 laptop via bluetooth but the longest one is only one freaking second. Can you please please help me?...
  9. Windows Login NFC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Login NFC: Hi,Could you please help me out with this technical question from my named partner. The situation is as follows:Partner is working on a project in which it is required to login a user without put a password on system, based on “token”. They have seen that Windows 11 can do...
  10. Windows Login NFC

Windows Login NFC: Hi,Could you please help me out with this technical question from my named partner. The situation is as follows:Partner is working on a project in which it is required to login a user without put a password on system, based on “token”. They have seen that Windows 11 can do...