Windows 10: NFS PU Won't install but I can still play it, what?

Discus and support NFS PU Won't install but I can still play it, what? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; No mater what I did I could not install Need for Speed Porsche Unleashed on Win10. Tried everything, copied CD to C-Drive, tried every comparability... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by SoFine409, Dec 13, 2015.

1. SoFine409 Win User

NFS PU Won't install but I can still play it, what?

No mater what I did I could not install Need for Speed Porsche Unleashed on Win10. Tried everything, copied CD to C-Drive, tried every comparability setting available, shut off Norton Security and no joy. Even though the game is 15 years old I still get a kick out of playing it. So I figured that I had nothing to lose by just coping the entire folder from a recent backup and giving it s try. It played with no problems. I guess 15 years ago games didn't write to the registry. I guess maybe the registry didn't exist then.

:)

SoFine409, Dec 13, 2015

2. Need For Speed Carbon game doesn't work on Windows 10

*Original TItle: Nfs carbon

I still like to play old nfs games. I have a win7 machine that I upgraded to 10. Nfs carbon did work on win7 but now not anymore on win10. The game installs fine but when in open the game, a window pops up saying log in as admin and try again. My Windows
    account has all admin privileges. Also i have nfs prostreet that didn't work on win10 at first but later I installed it again and now it works fine. I keep win10 constantly updated. Is nfs carbon too outdated for win10? Is there any other way I can get carbon
    to run?

BroderickGraumann, Dec 13, 2015
  3. Thrshan Win User
    Game is running slowely on my Laptop.

Sir/Madame:

I used to play Assassin Creed 3 and NFS Most Wanted 2012 in my Dell laptop (windows 10) with no problem. And then a few days ago I was installed FIFA 2014 game on the same laptop then ,the Assassin creed and NFS started to run very slowly. Then I Uninstalled
    the FIFA game ,but the Assassin creed and NFS still remain in slow speed not running with normal speed.

How to solve this problem ?

My Laptops Specification

Windows 10 (64 bit)

Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU 2127U @1.90GHz

4 GB RAM.

Thrshan, Dec 13, 2015
  4. Vespasian Win User

Got it working on Win7 after a load of fannying around, think Win10 is some thing else.

Vespasian, Dec 17, 2015
  5. SoFine409 Win User
    If you have a image copy of the drive PU was installed from Win7 just copy the entire PU folder to wherever you've install you games unde Win10. It worked for me so there's no reason it wouldn't work for you. You might need to give the exe admin rights. Apparently PU didn't need to write anything to the registry to run. Let me know if it works for you.

SoFine409, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. NFS PU Won't install but I can still play it, what? - Similar Threads - NFS Won't install

2. I install the Sony plug-in, but DVL file still won't play

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I install the Sony plug-in, but DVL file still won't play: I have a DVL file of historical interest to my family that I need to play. It appears to have been created on a Sony device as a search turns up the Sony plug-in. I did install that, but it still won't play the file. Can the file be successfully converted to a compatible...
  3. I install the Sony plug-in, but DVL file still won't play

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I install the Sony plug-in, but DVL file still won't play: I have a DVL file of historical interest to my family that I need to play. It appears to have been created on a Sony device as a search turns up the Sony plug-in. I did install that, but it still won't play the file. Can the file be successfully converted to a compatible...
  4. I can not play play roblox which I installed on google

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I can not play play roblox which I installed on google: Why I can not play roblox which installed on google on surface pro 10? Can you help me please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-not-play-play-roblox-which-i-installed-on/b5efc5f2-8a4b-430d-9aca-4454ea608162
  5. BSOD while playing nfs payback

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD while playing nfs payback: i keep getting those bsods when i'm playing nfs payback i even reinstalled the windows , then i finally made the game to run more than 15 minutes because i uninstalled razer synapse, but after an hour or so i did get an bsod, what can i do?...
  6. mount nfs share with nfs client

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    mount nfs share with nfs client: Hello, my nfs share was exported by my centos os. and I refer the doc to mount the nfs share by nfs client on my windows 10 pro. https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/sfu/2009/03/27/can-i-set-up-user-name-mapping-in-windows-vista/ On windows 10 version 1709 mount nfs share...
  7. Problems with NFS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problems with NFS: Hi everybody Some months ago I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro because I needed the NFS functionality (for a Vagrant based project, which uses VirtualBox and Windows' NFS for the shared folders). I followed the instructions (enabling Service for NFS from Control Panel ->...
  8. Start pu speed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start pu speed: I want to increase speed of win 10 by eliminating some programs from the start cycle. How do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_menu/start-pu-speed/37b94dd6-9f34-46a5-a05e-c0060cc1cd62
  9. NFS fans

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NFS fans: played almost every version. i still find most wanted the most amusing in the entire series. 101057
  10. BSOD playing NFS Rivals on Dell XPS 15 L502X

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD playing NFS Rivals on Dell XPS 15 L502X: Just when I thought I figured out the driver problem on my laptop, now I am facing a problem with overheating and/or stability issues. After less than 5 minutes of playing, the screen turned blue and error code showed with a QR code which just lead to a page on Microsoft...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. need for speed porsche unleashed windows10