Windows 10: NFS Share Causing Machine Lock-Up?

Discus and support NFS Share Causing Machine Lock-Up? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a user at the company I work for whose computer freezes-up about twice a week. He says that when it happens, he can't even get cntrl+alt+delete... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by agfreesafety, Mar 23, 2021.

1. NFS Share Causing Machine Lock-Up?

I have a user at the company I work for whose computer freezes-up about twice a week. He says that when it happens, he can't even get cntrl+alt+delete to work; he ends up just having to manually reboot the machine.

Usually when it happens, he's trying to access files on an NFS share via explorer.exe. I think he said it's happened once or twice while he was in outlook.exe, but usually it's when he's clicking through the subdirectories in that NFS share.

I've never witnessed the issue in real time, as he is a remote user. I looked at the Event viewer logs and saw that right before his machine froze the last two times, there were "virtual disk stopped" messages.

Any idea what I can try to do to prevent this from continuing to happen? Is there some NFS configuration on the client side that can be altered or something to remediate this issue? Other users access this same share and don't experience this issue, so I'm thinking that the issue is on his specific machine, but I very well could be wrong.

He's on an HP Z4 G4 workstation, running Windows 10 (64 bit , build 18363) 16GB RAM, running Bitdefender.

Any ideas are welcomed. Thanks in-advance.

:)

agfreesafety, Mar 23, 2021
  2. Railtech Win User

NFS Share Causing Machine Lock-Up?

Is the NFS share on a Virtual Machine? What version of NFS is being used? NFSv3 has reported issues with connection freezes. NFSv4 is reported to solve the issue.

Railtech, Mar 23, 2021
  3. NFS Share Causing Machine Lock-Up?

I have a user at the company I work for whose computer freezes-up about twice a week. He says that when it happens, he can't even get cntrl+alt+delete to work; he ends up just having to manually reboot the machine.

Usually when it happens, he's trying to access files on an NFS share via explorer.exe. I think he said it's happened once or twice while he was in outlook.exe, but usually it's when he's clicking through the subdirectories in that NFS share.

I've never witnessed the issue in real time, as he is a remote user. I looked at the Event viewer logs and saw that right before his machine froze the last two times, there were "virtual disk stopped" messages.

Any idea what I can try to do to prevent this from continuing to happen? Is there some NFS configuration on the client side that can be altered or something to remediate this issue? Other users access this same share and don't experience this issue, so I'm thinking that the issue is on his specific machine, but I very well could be wrong.

He's on an HP Z4 G4 workstation, running Windows 10 (64 bit , build 18363) 16GB RAM, running Bitdefender.

Any ideas are welcomed. Thanks in-advance.

agfreesafety, Mar 23, 2021
  4. NFS Share Causing Machine Lock-Up?

mount nfs share with nfs client

Hello,

my nfs share was exported by my centos os.

and I refer the doc to mount the nfs share by nfs client on my windows 10 pro.

Can I Set Up User Name Mapping in Windows Vista?

On windows 10 version 1709

mount nfs share successfully and permission acccess are all right

On windows 10 version 1809

mount nfs share successfully, but permission access is not correctly set.

after some investigation, I find with win 10 version 1809, despite what I set AnonymousUid and AnonymousGid in the regedit under

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\ClientForNFS\CurrentVersion\Default

mount always set the uid=-2 and gid=-2

but on windows 10 version1709, the uid and gid can correctly set according to the value of AnonymousUid and AnonymousGid in the regedit.

Do you know why? is there any solution? Thank you very much!

Heming A Tang, Mar 23, 2021
Thema:

NFS Share Causing Machine Lock-Up?

1. NFS Share Causing Machine Lock-Up? - Similar Threads - NFS Share Causing

2. Error when mounting NFS Share

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error when mounting NFS Share: HelloI have been trying to mount a NFS share from windows server 2022 on windows 10.whenever i tried to mount the share on win10 i got this message:C:\Users\admin>mount -o anon \\192.168.1.250\sharebox x: Network Error - 1204 Type 'NET HELPMSG 1204' for more information.i...
  3. Error when mounting NFS Share

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error when mounting NFS Share: HelloI have been trying to mount a NFS share from windows server 2022 on windows 10.whenever i tried to mount the share on win10 i got this message:C:\Users\admin>mount -o anon \\192.168.1.250\sharebox x: Network Error - 1204 Type 'NET HELPMSG 1204' for more information.i...
  4. Error when mounting NFS Share

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. SenseNdrPktmon causing Windows to lock up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SenseNdrPktmon causing Windows to lock up: Hi,I have been experiencing an issue that is extremely frustrating. Sometimes its multiple times a day and other times it doesn't happen for a few days in a row. Seemingly at random, my computer running Win10 Professional locks up and has to be hard reset. When I go into...
  6. NFS Share Causing Machine Lock-Up?

in Windows 10 Support
    NFS Share Causing Machine Lock-Up?: I have a user at the company I work for whose computer freezes-up about twice a week. He says that when it happens, he can't even get cntrl+alt+delete to work; he ends up just having to manually reboot the machine. Usually when it happens, he's trying to access files on an...
  7. How do I mount a shared drive with NFS

How do I mount a shared drive with NFS: I have most of my data on a Linux machine accessible via NFS. How can I access it on my Windows 10 system? I have edited the registry to add Uid and Gid, and enabled the NFS service. The mount command eludes me. The examples I see have "-o anon" or "-o nolock" or similar....
  8. mount nfs share with nfs client

mount nfs share with nfs client: Hello, my nfs share was exported by my centos os. and I refer the doc to mount the nfs share by nfs client on my windows 10 pro. https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/sfu/2009/03/27/can-i-set-up-user-name-mapping-in-windows-vista/ On windows 10 version 1709 mount nfs share...
  9. Problems with NFS

Problems with NFS: Hi everybody Some months ago I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro because I needed the NFS functionality (for a Vagrant based project, which uses VirtualBox and Windows' NFS for the shared folders). I followed the instructions (enabling Service for NFS from Control Panel ->...
  10. NFS fans

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NFS fans: played almost every version. i still find most wanted the most amusing in the entire series. 101057