Windows 10: NIC Cards Wanted, but which ones?

Discus and support NIC Cards Wanted, but which ones? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Well I have several systems that all have been running onboard Ethernet. But two of the systems (H77 with Realtek and a Z87 with Intel) have had a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AirPower4ever, Jul 29, 2019.

1. NIC Cards Wanted, but which ones?

Well I have several systems that all have been running onboard Ethernet. But two of the systems (H77 with Realtek and a Z87 with Intel) have had a couple of lockups in recent months. I saw the same behavior before on some older boards which finally one day I smelled the mobo burn at the solder joint of the Ethernet receptacle. So I am concerned that these last two events are the prelude to maybe the onboard Ethernet is going out so i want to buy some NIC's to insert them in to the systems so I can keep going.

I keep reading that Intel are the way to go. My network is all Gbit so looking for a card to be the same. Main uses are backups of files daily so no biggie there, but weekly I am imaging my drives. Main systems take about 15-20 minutes while other low working systems take about 5-6 minutes.

Which Intel Gb NIC cards are the go to?

:)

AirPower4ever, Jul 29, 2019
  2. Scotallan Win User

Replacment Nic Card Troubles

Got A Question> I Have A Dell Latitude Laptop Running A Dell DW1501 Wireless-N WLAN Half-Mini Card Network Adapter PCI And Want to Upgrade The NIc Card But Can't Find A Replacemnet card For Under $25;00 Dose Anyone Have Any Suggestions As To Were to find A Intel NIC Card With Blu Tooth?
    Thanks

Scotallan, Jul 29, 2019
  3. swarfega Win User
    'Wrong' Nic Card driver

Hi Guys

I'm not sure what to do about this, whether to leave it as is and use the driver Windows thinks I should use or some how use the driver for the nic card I actually bought.

The manufacturer appears not to have a Windows 10 driver and the one listed on their website is dated 2013 and unlikely to work.

The nic card is working as expected and I get full gigabit speeds but for the past month or so I've been getting regular disconnections. I have been using a switch and for the past two days have bypassed it and plugged directly in to the nic card.

Since doing that I have had only one disconnection which makes me think its the switch. There is another switch plugged into the router downstairs and I do have a spare switch with which I could use to test whether it was that other one.

The main subject of this though is whether to entrust in a driver that Windows installs even though its not strictly the correct one and whether to get future updates for this driver.

swarfega, Jul 29, 2019
  4. wolf Win User

NIC Cards Wanted, but which ones?

Galaxy Designs Mysterious GeForce GTX 460 2 GB Card with Mini-PCIe Onboard

How very weird of them... this is truely odd IMO.

would be nice to see a list from them of suggested products, or even bundle the card with products that are right for it, like a killer NIC, wifi card, phsyx card, SSD etc.

Thema:

NIC Cards Wanted, but which ones?

1. NIC Cards Wanted, but which ones? - Similar Threads - NIC Cards Wanted

2. Power Management Tab for Nic card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power Management Tab for Nic card: I am trying to set up some new laptops for Wake on Lan that we just received for our school, and one of the settings is to configure Dell Precision Nic Card to wake the device up, which you should be able to do through the device manager, but the power management tab is...
  3. Power Management Tab for Nic card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power Management Tab for Nic card: I am trying to set up some new laptops for Wake on Lan that we just received for our school, and one of the settings is to configure Dell Precision Nic Card to wake the device up, which you should be able to do through the device manager, but the power management tab is...
  4. Power Management Tab for Nic card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Multiple vlan on nic card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple vlan on nic card: Hello,I need to connect multiple vlan on a single NIC card in a pc with windows 11, how can I do it?I have a nic intel 802.1q and on windows 10 I able to configure vlan with "Intel PROSet software de Windows PowerShell" but it seems that the tool is not available for windows...
  6. Multiple vlan on nic card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple vlan on nic card: Hello,I need to connect multiple vlan on a single NIC card in a pc with windows 11, how can I do it?I have a nic intel 802.1q and on windows 10 I able to configure vlan with "Intel PROSet software de Windows PowerShell" but it seems that the tool is not available for windows...
  7. How to find a driver for chipset NIC card?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to find a driver for chipset NIC card?: Can anyone tell me how to find the newest driver for a Asus 10 Gig NIC card it is model XG-C100F. The asus websites driver is very old, i have found some post about a similar card that says it uses Aquantia but how do you confirm that? If i click into the NIC cards properties...
  8. Replacment Nic Card Troubles

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Replacment Nic Card Troubles: Got A Question> I Have A Dell Latitude Laptop Running A Dell DW1501 Wireless-N WLAN Half-Mini Card Network Adapter PCI And Want to Upgrade The NIc Card But Can't Find A Replacemnet card For Under $25;00 Dose Anyone Have Any Suggestions As To Were to find A Intel NIC Card With...
  9. New card but which one

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    New card but which one: OK I looking for a new Graphs card but how do I know which one will work OK with windows 10 *Shock. I have built in graphs at present and would like a better card instead. I'm looking at AMD cards around £50 14650
  10. 'Wrong' Nic Card driver

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    'Wrong' Nic Card driver: Hi Guys I'm not sure what to do about this, whether to leave it as is and use the driver Windows thinks I should use or some how use the driver for the nic card I actually bought. The manufacturer appears not to have a Windows 10 driver and the one listed on their...