Windows 10: Nic Name

Discus and support Nic Name in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Brit lee https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nic-name/433d7a90-1757-463a-9665-c81a85493ec4" Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MohammadGojar, Dec 25, 2019.

1. Nic Name

Brit lee

:)

MohammadGojar, Dec 25, 2019

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Dec 25, 2019
  3. craigo Win User
    Onboard Killer NIC

Thanks for the suggestions.

@Pill Monster
    Stationbro! unfortunately they only have the .exe which includes the whole software suite.
    I need just the driver files. I think the 2100 was the last Bigfoot NIC before Qualcomm acquired them(don't quote me on that).
    the official site lists the 2100 as a legacy device and links to a third party for the .exe

@Ebo

I think the top-end MSI stuff (like your board) uses the killer 2200 which is indeed Qualcomm apparently MSI provide
    an .INF file for download at install time to get the 2200 up and running.
    What os did you start with on your build? Do you recall any issues getting the NIC up and running?

Thanks Craig0.

craigo, Dec 25, 2019
  4. Nic Name

change windows 10 pc name

We appreciate you getting back to us. To change the cmd name, we suggest that you follow this steps:

• Open a Command Prompt (Adimin) window: Win+X, A, Alt+Y
    • Then run the following command to change your computer name to Donner: WMIC ComputerSystem where Name=COMPUTER-NAME call Rename Name=NewName
    • Reboot your PC.
    • Try to run ipconfig / all command, you should find that the Host Name in Windows IP Configuration list has been changed to the new name.

Keep us posted with the result.

Marilou Ser, Dec 25, 2019
Thema:

Nic Name

1. Nic Name - Similar Threads - Nic Name

2. Can't map drive after reverting NIC to 1Gbe on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't map drive after reverting NIC to 1Gbe on Windows 10: I have two Windows PC one Windows 10, one Windows 11 and a Mac Mini. My NAS was connected at 1 Gbe for several years and worked fine. Recently I upgraded to 10 Gbe and everything continued to work. I want to debug a network issue so I removed my 10 Gbe switch and restored the...
  3. Can't map drive after reverting NIC to 1Gbe on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't map drive after reverting NIC to 1Gbe on Windows 10: I have two Windows PC one Windows 10, one Windows 11 and a Mac Mini. My NAS was connected at 1 Gbe for several years and worked fine. Recently I upgraded to 10 Gbe and everything continued to work. I want to debug a network issue so I removed my 10 Gbe switch and restored the...
  4. Can't map drive after reverting NIC to 1Gbe on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. No NIC or Keyboard in WIndows 11 Install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No NIC or Keyboard in WIndows 11 Install: Long story so I'll try to keep it short...Lenovo Yoga 6, originally running Win 10, but upgraded through free MS upgrade to Win 11 Home.Recent Windows update randomly triggered Bitlocker at boot up, however as this hadn't been configured on initial setup, there was no...
  6. No NIC or Keyboard in WIndows 11 Install

No NIC or Keyboard in WIndows 11 Install: Long story so I'll try to keep it short...Lenovo Yoga 6, originally running Win 10, but upgraded through free MS upgrade to Win 11 Home.Recent Windows update randomly triggered Bitlocker at boot up, however as this hadn't been configured on initial setup, there was no...
  7. Bug in Windows ACPI leads to nic driver installation/activation issue in Qemu/KVM based...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bug in Windows ACPI leads to nic driver installation/activation issue in Qemu/KVM based...: there is a long standing bug/issue which causing problems with nic in localized version of windowshttps://gitlab.com/qemu-project/qemu/-/issues/774https://gitlab.com/qemu-project/qemu/-/issues/774#note_1755558218how/where can this be reported to microsoft ?i tried with...
  8. Bug in Windows ACPI leads to nic driver installation/activation issue in Qemu/KVM based...

Bug in Windows ACPI leads to nic driver installation/activation issue in Qemu/KVM based...: there is a long standing bug/issue which causing problems with nic in localized version of windowshttps://gitlab.com/qemu-project/qemu/-/issues/774https://gitlab.com/qemu-project/qemu/-/issues/774#note_1755558218how/where can this be reported to microsoft ?i tried with...
  9. OSD - Incrementing Computer Names for shared NIC / Docking

OSD - Incrementing Computer Names for shared NIC / Docking: Hi, I have been given permission from Johan Arwidmark to post this. Some of his MDT Database extensions are used and modified to create this solution. Most of today's new laptop devices does not have a RJ45 NIC, only Wi-Fi is included. To support OSD over PXE, you need...
  10. Can't change names of network adapters or assign virtual nics

Can't change names of network adapters or assign virtual nics: So a few days ago I went ahead and upgraded to win 10 pro from 8.1. After the upgrade I wanted to set up a fwew vm's and just do some basic network setup. As i go to rename my nics it tells me that access is denied. I made sure I am the admin and networking manager of course...