Windows 10: NIC not connecting for more than minute after sleep mode.

Discus and support NIC not connecting for more than minute after sleep mode. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello guys, I have configured my computer to wake up remotely from outside my network. [img] the thing is that, when I wake up my pc, it takes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by zhelev81, Apr 17, 2019.

1. zhelev81 Win User

NIC not connecting for more than minute after sleep mode.

Hello guys,

I have configured my computer to wake up remotely from outside my network.

NIC not connecting for more than minute after sleep mode. [​IMG]

the thing is that, when I wake up my pc, it takes more than one minute the NIC to connect to the network.

NIC not connecting for more than minute after sleep mode. [​IMG]

is there a way to fix this, by telling the card to stay always on in sleep mode ?

:)

zhelev81, Apr 17, 2019

2. Win 10 - constantly shutting down into sleep mode every 64 minutes even when in active use!

Hi Steve,

• Did you check by setting sleep mode option to never?

If not, I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>System>Power & sleep.
    • In the right pane, select Never from the drop down list for
      Screen
      and Sleep.
    • Close the dialog box and check for status.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

ThofikhAhamad, Apr 17, 2019
  3. sleep mode

Hi disgruntledWC,

There could be other settings on your computer that triggers your computer to go on sleep even though the sleep settings is set to never. To ensure that the sleep and display settings are properly set, I suggest that you look into the Advanced Power Settings.
    Follow these steps:

• Open Control Panel and click Power Options.
    • On your preferred plan, click Change plan settings.
    • Click advanced power settings.
    • Expand Sleep option, and make sure to set the following:
    Sleep after : Never

Hibernate after : Never

5. Click Apply, then OK.

Please check also the screen saver option.

• Navigate to Settings > Personalization > Lock screen.
    • Click Screen saver settings.
    • Set your Screen saver to None.
    • Click Apply, then OK.

Once done, please observe if your computer still goes to sleep mode after a few minutes of inactivity.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Apr 17, 2019
  4. NIC not connecting for more than minute after sleep mode.

Sleep mode

Hi Adam,

For us to better assist with your issue on sleep mode, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any updates to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to this thread and follow the answer of Andre
    Da Costa to troubleshoot the issue with sleep mode missing.

You can also refer to this article that was
    created by Andre Da Costa to enable sleep mode.

Looking forward to you response.

Reymichael Ros, Apr 17, 2019
Thema:

NIC not connecting for more than minute after sleep mode.

1. NIC not connecting for more than minute after sleep mode. - Similar Threads - NIC connecting more

2. I cannot get Windows 10 to stay in sleep mode for more than a few minutes.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    I cannot get Windows 10 to stay in sleep mode for more than a few minutes.: For some reason a few days ago, it started staying in the sleep mode without me doing anything. But then after a couple days it went back to staying in sleep mode for only a few minutes. Nothing was changed on the computer settings....
  3. I cannot get Windows 10 to stay in sleep mode for more than a few minutes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot get Windows 10 to stay in sleep mode for more than a few minutes.: For some reason a few days ago, it started staying in the sleep mode without me doing anything. But then after a couple days it went back to staying in sleep mode for only a few minutes. Nothing was changed on the computer settings....
  4. I cannot get Windows 10 to stay in sleep mode for more than a few minutes.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Sleep mode after 1 minute

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep mode after 1 minute: Hi there, My laptop is going to sleep after one minute. I have tried numerous solutions but it is still the same. I am not sure how to resolve this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep-mode-after-1-minute/f1d7da6d-2a1e-4932-950c-e3d3793ccead
  6. Sleep mode after 1 minute

Sleep mode after 1 minute: Hi there, My laptop is going to sleep after one minute. I have tried numerous solutions but it is still the same. I am not sure how to resolve this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep-mode-after-1-minute/f1d7da6d-2a1e-4932-950c-e3d3793ccead
  7. Windows 11 - BSOD while in Sleep Mode for more than 30 minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - BSOD while in Sleep Mode for more than 30 minutes: I am facing an issue on my ASUS Vivobook S15 S532 laptop that is running Windows 11 Home Single Language stable version. The below issue was observed from November 10, 2021 after the last Windows Updates including device driver updates were received. If I put my device in...
  8. Windows 11 - BSOD while in Sleep Mode for more than 30 minutes

Windows 11 - BSOD while in Sleep Mode for more than 30 minutes: I am facing an issue on my ASUS Vivobook S15 S532 laptop that is running Windows 11 Home Single Language stable version. The below issue was observed from November 10, 2021 after the last Windows Updates including device driver updates were received. If I put my device in...
  9. wont stay on for more than a minute

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    wont stay on for more than a minute: Hello, My desktop hp keeps turning off/ sleeping. I have both setting set to Never and it still turns off. I have also gone into "additional power settings" and have also chose never for "change when the computer sleeps" and "choose when to turn off the display" I have...
  10. Blue screen lasting more than 20 minutes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screen lasting more than 20 minutes: I was using my PC and then i got a bluescreen, the stopcode is DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL and what failed was nvlddmkm.sys, but not only is there is a blue screen, but my computer hasn’t booted back to windows and its been like this for than 30 minutes. can someone help...