Windows 10: Nickname on PC?

Discus and support Nickname on PC? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Is it possible to have my nickname or middle name displayed when I use my Win10 PC? I would rather not have it show my legal name. Thanks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by t87699, Aug 20, 2018.

1. t87699 Win User

Nickname on PC?

Is it possible to have my nickname or middle name displayed when I use my Win10 PC?

I would rather not have it show my legal name.

Thanks

:)

t87699, Aug 20, 2018

2. File as nickname

I guess I understand that MOST Pocket PC users are business folks, but surely there are more than a few of us "turbo nerds" who can't help but buy these things. Personally, I'm on my very first Pocket PC (the Tilt) and I'm loving it.

However, there is one annoyance that I can't seem to surmount: can you file a contact by a nickname? For example, of course I want my mother entered with her full name (Jane Doe, say), but I'll enter "Mom" as her nickname. Under "file as," however, I can
    list her as "Jane Doe" or "Doe, Jane." Well, of course I want her listed as "Mom." I don't want to put "Mom" in the first name field and leave the last name blank, of course. How is this accomplished? Surely even power business users have mothers?!?

And Mom, of course, is an example. I really would like most of my contacts entered with full names, yet appearing in the contact list under their nicknames. Am I missing something or am I going to have to seek out a computer genius to put a hack together
    for me?

Thanks so much,

Teddy

teddystiles, Aug 20, 2018
  3. chkavo Win User
    E61 - Nicknames

I am trying to simplify soem of my voice tags on my new E61.

According to the manual tehy can be based on nicknames (which would be simpler than some of the full names I have synchronised form Outlook). I cant find any way of adding a nickname though... Any suggestions?

Chris

chkavo, Aug 20, 2018
  4. mgoksoy Win User

Nickname on PC?

Contacts with Nicknames

Phones/computers cannot see the difference between names and nicknames.

Whatever you write in your contact list is the important thing for them.

So, if you want to refer to Mr John Smith as Smithy, just enter Smithy as the contact name and that's it. He's Smithy...

mgoksoy, Aug 20, 2018
Thema:

Nickname on PC?

1. Nickname on PC? - Similar Threads - Nickname

2. Windows 11 user folder seems to have acquired some sort of a nickname.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 user folder seems to have acquired some sort of a nickname.: So, I was trying to change the name of a file on my desktop and a pop-up came up, and somehow the name of the user folder on my desktop ended up changing instead you usually do not have the perms to rename it afaik. I tried changing it back, restarting my pc, and all that to...
  3. Windows 11 user folder seems to have acquired some sort of a nickname.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 user folder seems to have acquired some sort of a nickname.: So, I was trying to change the name of a file on my desktop and a pop-up came up, and somehow the name of the user folder on my desktop ended up changing instead you usually do not have the perms to rename it afaik. I tried changing it back, restarting my pc, and all that to...
  4. Minecraft NickName BUG

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft NickName BUG: Olá, eu estou tentando resgatar um nick de 3 letras que no site que vemos perfil de Minecraft ele se encontra disponivel, porem quando você tenta aplicar-lo ele aparece indisponivel que já existe alguem utilizando, mesmo se você for na API é ver que não tem um UID no nick ele...
  5. Minecraft NickName BUG

Minecraft NickName BUG: Olá, eu estou tentando resgatar um nick de 3 letras que no site que vemos perfil de Minecraft ele se encontra disponivel, porem quando você tenta aplicar-lo ele aparece indisponivel que já existe alguem utilizando, mesmo se você for na API é ver que não tem um UID no nick ele...
  6. Any way to add a "nickname" to a start menu shortcut?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any way to add a "nickname" to a start menu shortcut?: Specifically I want to be able to open Visual Studio Code by searching VS Code instead. League of Legends allows me to search "lol" to have the program immediately come to the top, is there any way I can replicate this? submitted by /u/MattHellstrand [link] [comments]...
  7. What is veritas and nicknames

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is veritas and nicknames: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/freepandora [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gdm1ct/what_is_veritas_and_nicknames/
  8. Remove nickname in Windows Mail

Remove nickname in Windows Mail: I've removed the nickname in the settings of my Windows Mail account, as well as the settings in the GMail account that it is linked to. When I send an email from GMail, the nickname does not appear. When I send an email using the Windows Mail application, the nickname...