Windows 10: Niggley Errors & DISM Log

Discus and support Niggley Errors & DISM Log in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a couple of niggley errors, one is DCOM 10010 error. second I cannot download any updates or from the store. I ran a DISM RestoreHealth. and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gordo, Apr 16, 2019.

1. gordo Win User

Niggley Errors & DISM Log

I have a couple of niggley errors, one is DCOM 10010 error. second I cannot download any updates or from the store.

I ran a DISM RestoreHealth. and now have this log file, which might as well be rocket physics to me . Is this likey to pinpoint anything relating to my errors, plus does anyone understand the file*chuckle

:)

gordo, Apr 16, 2019

2. DISM - Parameter "Cleanup-Image" is not known (error 87)

Hello Eric,

To troubleshoot your concern, we suggest that you run DISM Restore Health command. Refer to the steps provided below:

• Open Command Prompt (Administrator).
    • Type the following command:
    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

3. Press Enter.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Stephanie Sal, Apr 16, 2019
  3. Sayjimwoo Win User
    Error DISM restorehealth

Having being frustrated with having the dism error (0x800f081f error) which was unfixable after a clean Windows 10 install time after time, it was great to find this fix which works a treat and and allows "sfc scannow" to complete error free as well as dism.

I do have a question though, what causes these errors in the first place? I have had the same thing happen twice in the space of 3 weeks and tonight also. Maybe it is something I am doing which I don't realise is causing it. My system is clean and the latest Windows 10 build and my system shows no symptoms of any kind.
    Again running the "Image health cmd" fixes it. Is it a case of don't worry about it and just carry on?

Thanks in advance.

Edit.... I updated my Nvidia drivers tonight. Maybe they are the culprit.

Sayjimwoo, Apr 16, 2019
  4. Kyhi Win User

Error DISM restorehealth

twp things..

Executing command line: Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:"D:\Users\Hali\Downloads\IMAGE_HEALTH\IMAGE_HEALTH_SXS\Temp\Mount\windows\winsxs" /LimitAccess

Place the "Image_health" folder on C - you are running the command 9 folders deep...
    Place Image_health-sxs.cmd inside "image_health" folder
    Image health sxs cmd was and is only a TEST cmd
    Image-health is the normal cmd...

[removed]

"C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log" post the CBS.log

Also dism /scanhealth gives a better file report in the dism.log

Your damaged files appear to be that from a windows update, as windows update files are not on setup media..

step 1 delete current dism and cbs log files
    step 2 run Image_Health.cmd - option 1 = scanhealth
    step 3 run Image health - option 2 = restorehealth
    step 4 run image health - option 3 = restorehealth /source
    step 5 post dism.log and cbs.log (note: you can post logs as .txt > cbs.txt dism.txt)

Thema:

1. Niggley Errors & DISM Log - Similar Threads - Niggley Errors DISM

2. dism error install.esd bad understand with dism error log :...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    dism error install.esd bad understand with dism error log :...: hello,dism error install.esd bad understand with dism error log : '''[C:\ESD\Windows\sources\install.esd] is not recognized by the DISM FFU provider,'''this line of command works without problem and is the same path : '''Dism /Get-ImageInfo...
  3. dism error install.esd bad understand with dism error log :...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    dism error install.esd bad understand with dism error log :...: hello,dism error install.esd bad understand with dism error log : '''[C:\ESD\Windows\sources\install.esd] is not recognized by the DISM FFU provider,'''this line of command works without problem and is the same path : '''Dism /Get-ImageInfo...
  4. dism error install.esd bad understand with dism error log :...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Dism Log

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dism Log: I can delete dism log file in windows 10 before. Why i can't delete dism log file in windows 11 and it says file in use. Is it safe to end dism process in resource monitor? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dism-log/736cd4d8-4e8c-4383-bfce-fd87e9f24bcb
  6. Dism Log

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dism Log: I can delete dism log file in windows 10 before. Why i can't delete dism log file in windows 11 and it says file in use. Is it safe to end dism process in resource monitor? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dism-log/736cd4d8-4e8c-4383-bfce-fd87e9f24bcb
  7. DISM Error 87: EnumeratePathEX & DISM Driver Manager Errors in Log

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DISM Error 87: EnumeratePathEX & DISM Driver Manager Errors in Log: While mounting a boot.wim file to the \boot directory in the folder I'm going to use to boot via PXE, I get these errors: 1. EnumeratePathEX: with references to $WINDOWS.~XYZ\* directories/files failing 2. DISM Driver Manager: cannot find "oem#.inf" files with more than...
  8. DISM Error 87: EnumeratePathEX & DISM Driver Manager Errors in Log

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DISM Error 87: EnumeratePathEX & DISM Driver Manager Errors in Log: While working through a tutorial for creating a PXE server, the step at which the boot.wim is mounted to the \mount folder of the winpe_amd64 directory fails with errors in the log of: 1. EnumeratePathEx: all of which reference failures to find the C:\$WINDOWS.~XYZ\...
  9. Help with DISM Log

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Help with DISM Log: Hi, I have recently been having issues with my computer. I ran dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth today and got the following message: the file or directory is corrupted and unreadable, a log has been made. System restore doesn't work, reinstall fails, as does...
  10. %windir%\Logs\DISM\DISM.log ERRORS.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    %windir%\Logs\DISM\DISM.log ERRORS.: I am writing a script to list any DISM errors found in the DISM log file. The Internet hasn't been very forthcoming with regard to finding a full list of errors or the error codes! I have so far included the regular errors in the search parameters such as . . . Code:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. c:windows\logs\dism\dism.log

2. WINDOWS\Logs\DISM\dism.log