Windows 10: NIGHT LIGHT CAN'T BE ENABLED EVER SINCE UPDATING TO WINDOWS 11

Discus and support NIGHT LIGHT CAN'T BE ENABLED EVER SINCE UPDATING TO WINDOWS 11 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I'm unable to turn on night light on my Asus Zenbook UX434FL ever since I switched to Windows 11. Whenever I try to enable the night light by heading... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Shayan Fahimi, Jun 4, 2022.

1. NIGHT LIGHT CAN'T BE ENABLED EVER SINCE UPDATING TO WINDOWS 11

I'm unable to turn on night light on my Asus Zenbook UX434FL ever since I switched to Windows 11. Whenever I try to enable the night light by heading to Settings > System > Display > Night light and turn it on, the settings window then suddenly closes and when I open it again night light hasn't turned on, as even when settings shows that night light is turned on for that one second when i enable it there is no change in my display and then the settings window suddenly closes. Does anyone have a fix for this as I have searched this everywhere and haven't found a solution to this probl

:)

Shayan Fahimi, Jun 4, 2022
  2. Eric Ber Win User

Night light

Hi,

There are several reasons why you are having issues turning on or off the Night Light settings of your Windows 10 PC after the update. To troubleshoot your Night Light settings, we suggest that you apply the steps on this

thread
    that was provided by SurenderKhokhar on April 15, 2017.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Eric Ber, Jun 4, 2022
  3. No Night Light

Hi allisonb1

Try these steps

Option 1. Reset Night Light-related Settings on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

If you find the night light in the Action Center or the Settings is greyed out after the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, you can fix it with the steps below:

Step 1. Use Windows shortcut keys Win + i to open Settings.

Step 2. Go to the Privacy menu.

Step 3. On the left side, choose the Location tab.

Step 4. Click the Change button under the Location for this device.

Step 5. Toggle the switch under the Location for this device to ON.

Step 6. Toggle the switch under the Location service to ON.

Step 7. Restart the computer.

Now check the Action Center or the Settings on your Windows 10 Fall Creators Update to see if the night light feature is available.

Option 2 . Modify Registry to Fix Night Light Not Working on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

If the methods above didn't work, you may need to modify the registry to fix the greyed-out night light button or the night light not working issue. Note: Windows Registry is a vital database on Windows OS computer. Any misoperation will cause server system
    problems, such as 100% disk usage issue, blue screen issue, endless reboot, etc. So it's important to backup registry before the changes.

Now let's kill the night light not working and release the pain:

Step 1. Use Windows shortcut keys Win + R to launch Run.

Step 2. Type into regedit.

Step 3. Hit the Enter key.

Step 4. Copy and paste the path into the address bar of the Registry Editor: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\CloudStore\Store\Cache\DefaultAccount

Step 5. Press the Enter key.

Step 6. Right-click the key $$windows.data.bluelightreduction.bluelightreductionstate under the DefaultAccount and select the Delete to remove it.

Step 7. Right-click the key $$windows.data.bluelightreduction.settings and select the Delete.

Step 8. Restart the computer.

Then you can go to the Action Center or the Windows Settings. The night light not working issue has been resolved now and the night light button is available.

Source:

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/73518-turn-...

https://www.drivethelife.com/windows-10/night-l...

Wilfredo_Soto, Jun 4, 2022
  4. Nick Dich Win User

NIGHT LIGHT CAN'T BE ENABLED EVER SINCE UPDATING TO WINDOWS 11

Night Light

Hi,

We recently have been receiving posts regarding Night Light after the Windows 10 Creators Update. To help you troubleshoot the issue regarding Night Light settings that are grayed out, we suggest to try to apply the steps provided by SurenderKhokhar
    on this thread:
    Cant use Night Light In Window 10

Kindly keep us posted for any feedback.

Nick Dich, Jun 4, 2022
Thema:

NIGHT LIGHT CAN'T BE ENABLED EVER SINCE UPDATING TO WINDOWS 11

1. NIGHT LIGHT CAN'T BE ENABLED EVER SINCE UPDATING TO WINDOWS 11 - Similar Threads - NIGHT LIGHT CAN'T

2. why is windows 11 refusing to enable audio services since last night's update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is windows 11 refusing to enable audio services since last night's update?: Ever since last night's update, windows 11 refuses to enable audio services. When I click enable audio services it recognizes speakers and headphones for a second then says there are no audio devices installed. Have updated all the audio drivers and done firmware update for...
  3. NIGHT LIGHT CAN'T BE ENABLED EVER SINCE UPDATING TO WINDOWS 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NIGHT LIGHT CAN'T BE ENABLED EVER SINCE UPDATING TO WINDOWS 11: I'm unable to turn on night light on my Asus Zenbook UX434FL ever since I switched to Windows 11. Whenever I try to enable the night light by heading to Settings > System > Display > Night light and turn it on, the settings window then suddenly closes and when I open it again...
  4. Windows 11, Night light issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11, Night light issue: Hello everyone, I have an issue with night light.So, to start off I use schedule option, it works fine but only one-way.It turns on without any issues at sunset, however, when I get on my pc at morning I typically leave it on all the time, its still on with night light and...
  5. Windows 11, Night light issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11, Night light issue: Hello everyone, I have an issue with night light.So, to start off I use schedule option, it works fine but only one-way.It turns on without any issues at sunset, however, when I get on my pc at morning I typically leave it on all the time, its still on with night light and...
  6. Enabling the Night light setting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enabling the Night light setting: Regarding how to Enabling the Night light setting I want to stope the blue light, which is emerging from PC screen , but I unable to fixed the night light ," it is in enable mode ". I try many way to resolve the problem By registry setting , by device manager, by updating...
  7. ERROR enable Night Light

in Windows 10 Customization
    ERROR enable Night Light: [ATTACH] What should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-enable-night-light/ab386e0e-9cae-421d-9b3c-d0414d0b103f
  8. can't find night light

in Windows 10 Customization
    can't find night light: can't find night light https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-find-night-light/13550f1e-60cb-4f2d-bd24-585b079d7c8b
  9. Night light feature unclear with cleartype enabled

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Night light feature unclear with cleartype enabled: Hi everyone, I just upgraded my 2016 XPS 13 to a 2019 XPS 13 (7390 w/ 1080p touchscreen), and the text has issues when the windows night light/bluelight filter is on. The text appears to have splotches of blue/white (perhaps unfiltered) light around many of the characters....
  10. Can't ever update to Windows 1903 since it was released

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't ever update to Windows 1903 since it was released: In the update and security section I always have that "Download and install now" button about the May update whenever I click on it it starts downloading until like 98 or something then it always crashes with an error, last time was 0x80240034, before that one was 0x80246007,...