Windows 10: Night Light/Dark Mode Task Scheduler

Discus and support Night Light/Dark Mode Task Scheduler in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; What I'm trying to achieve is really quite simple. I want to create 2 tasks: When I turn on the night light, dark default app mode is enabled When... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by neil.vaz, Sep 1, 2020.

1. neil.vaz Win User

Night Light/Dark Mode Task Scheduler

What I'm trying to achieve is really quite simple.

I want to create 2 tasks:

1. When I turn on the night light, dark default app mode is enabled
    2. When I turn off the night light, light default app mode is enabled

I don't really have any experience with creating tasks in Task Scheduler so I'd appreciate some pretty in-depth help

:)

neil.vaz, Sep 1, 2020

2. Night light schedule not working

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are unable to schedule the time for Night Light feature in Windows 10. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • Are you aware of any changes, prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to update the display driver from Device Manager.

1. Press Windows + X and select
      Device Manager
    2. Scroll down and expand Display Adapters. Now Right click on the display devices and select
      Update Driver.
    3. Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
    4. Select Update Driver.
    5. Restart the PC and check

If the issue persists even after updating the driver, then we would suggest you to make the below registry change.

1. Press Windows +R key to open
      run
      command.
    2. Type regedit and click on
      Ok
    3. Navigate to this location: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\CloudStore\Store\Cache\DefaultAccount
    4. Here, delete the following sub keys
      1. $$windows.data.bluelightreduction.bluelightreductionstate
      2. $$windows.data.bluelightreduction.settings

Note: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow
    these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

Follow the steps to take backup of registry

After deleting the registry sub keys, restart the PC and then enable Night Light feature from Windows settings.

Let us know how it goes.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Sep 1, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Dark mode / Light mode doesn't work

HiDerek

This was all caused by that new light theme in version 1903 of Windows 10, to revert everything to the settings prior to that update, here are the steps . ..

Open the Settings App (gear icon on your Start Menu)

Go to Personalization - Colors

Set 'Choose your Color' to Custom

Set Windows Mode to Dark

Set App Mode to Light or Dark

Then that option to change the Taskbar color should be active . ..

You can also set App Mode to light or dark separately form Windows Mode and there is a new feature in 1903, where form each Apps settings, you can individually set an app to either dark or light mode . ..

Night Light/Dark Mode Task Scheduler ea3fa415-d3b0-407f-8262-0fe5e937d827?upload=true.png

DaveM121, Sep 1, 2020
  4. Night Light/Dark Mode Task Scheduler

How do you keep "lights on" in dark mode?

"Dark mode" refers to the Mail app's dark mode, common to Windows apps. Affects the color of the message list, menu bar, etc.

"Lights on" or "lights off" refers to the reading pane's background color, a feature recently added to Mail.

I'm asking if there's a way to set "lights on" to default, even if the Mail app is set to dark mode.

Ian Patterson, Sep 1, 2020
Thema:

Night Light/Dark Mode Task Scheduler

1. Night Light/Dark Mode Task Scheduler - Similar Threads - Night Light Dark

2. Task Manager Light/Dark Mode Bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Manager Light/Dark Mode Bug: After updating my Windows to the current new version of Windows 11, I noticed there is a bug with the Task Manager Light/Dark mode options. Choosing the mode for computer wide to light or dark mode doesn't affect how it looks, but when you change it to Custom and have either...
  3. Task Manager Light/Dark Mode Bug

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Manager Light/Dark Mode Bug: After updating my Windows to the current new version of Windows 11, I noticed there is a bug with the Task Manager Light/Dark mode options. Choosing the mode for computer wide to light or dark mode doesn't affect how it looks, but when you change it to Custom and have either...
  4. Night light schedule not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Night light schedule not working: So I have night light on a scheduled to turn on at 10 pm and turn off at 7am. When I have my pc running in the evening it works. It automatically switches on at 10 pm. But every time I turn on my pc in the morning. Usually around 8am it hasn't turned off automatically. And I...
  5. Light & Dark Modes

Light & Dark Modes: Hi, I have an issue to solve.If I want to switch between light & dark modes in Windows I have to create tasks to make them happen.Can you include a feature or option that automatically do those tasks and synchronizes with Night Light Settings within Windows...
  6. Night Light mode

Night Light mode: Greetings everyone,When I turn on night light mode the colours become warmer which is okay.But, whenever I play a game, open a picture or a video the colours become lighter and more shining. it's like a modified night light mode and it's really uncomfortable.When I plug in...
  7. How to schedule dark and light theme via Task Scheduler?

How to schedule dark and light theme via Task Scheduler?: Since Microsoft Doesn't provide us with auto dark and light theme. I'd show you how to schedule dark & light mode. It has to be done via Task Scheduler only. Open Start menu, then goto All Apps > Windows Administrative Tool > Computer Management Go to task scheduler...
  8. Can Dark Mode/Light Mode be enabled along with Night Light yet?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can Dark Mode/Light Mode be enabled along with Night Light yet?: Not as in an additional app, but built into the Windows 10 settings system. I know this wasn't there early on, but does this feature exist yet? It seems like a pretty straightforward feature. submitted by /u/Wh00ster [link] [comments]...
  9. Night light schedule not working

Night light schedule not working: The "set hours" (not location) option for night light scheduling is not working on my Surface Laptop 3. When the time hits for it to turn on, it doesn't and I have to do so manually and when morning hits for it to be turned off, I again have to do it manually. How do I fix it...
  10. Auto Dark Mode through logging Night Light activity?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Auto Dark Mode through logging Night Light activity?: I'm looking at scheduling auto dark mode with task scheduler. I have night light automated. In task scheduler you can have a trigger "when an event is logged" is there a way I can have windows recognise that night light is enabled? I know I can schedule it to a time, but I...