Windows 10: Night Light doesn't automatically turn off in the morning

Discus and support Night Light doesn't automatically turn off in the morning in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a Inspiron 5521 running the may19 update. Win10 is update to date in all aspects. when I open it up in the morning, the Night Light schedule... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ram93, Sep 15, 2019.

1. ram93 Win User

Night Light doesn't automatically turn off in the morning

I have a Inspiron 5521 running the may19 update. Win10 is update to date in all aspects. when I open it up in the morning, the Night Light schedule seems to be ignored, and I have to manually turn it off every morning. I suspect it has something to do with coming out of Sleep, but I'd love some guidance.

I have tried the methods posted here, but no result.

Please advise a solution.

:)

ram93, Sep 15, 2019

2. the night light it doesn t turn on

i have problem with the night light it doesn t turn on what am i doing to??

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Devices & drivers / PC]

GEORGIOSMASOURAS69, Sep 15, 2019
  3. Rohn007 Win User
    Rohn007, Sep 15, 2019
  4. Night Light doesn't automatically turn off in the morning

Hi Wayne Walton,

There could be a number of factors as to why you are experiencing Night Light issue. One possible caused could be due to an outdated graphics driver. You can refer to the steps below on how to troubleshoot Night Light issue is Windows 10:

Method 1: Update the graphics card driver.

1. Press Windows key + R on your keyboard.
    2. On the run command box, type devmgmt.msc, and then hit Enter.
    3. Expand Display adapters.
    4. Right-click the graphics card driver and then select Update Driver Software.

Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the graphics card driver.

2. On the run command box, type devmgmt.msc, and then hit Enter.
    3. Expand Display adapters.
    4. Right-click the graphics card driver and then select Uninstall.
    5. Restart your computer. The Display Adapter Driver will automatically reinstall after the Restart.

Method 3: Reset Night Light settings manually.

This steps will require you to modify some settings in Registry. This is an advanced troubleshooting so I suggest that you create a
    System Restore point so you can go back to this state in case that you will encounter any issues along the process. To create a system restore point, refer to this
    article.

Once you're done creating a system restore point, you may then proceed to modify the registry settings. To do this, refer to the steps below:

2. On the run command box, type regedit and then hit
      Enter
    3. Navigate to this path:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\CloudStore\Store\Cache\DefaultAccount
    4. Inside the “DefaultAccount” (folder) key, right-click and delete the following folders:

$$windows.data.bluelightreduction.bluelightreductionstate

$$windows.data.bluelightreduction.settings
    5. Restart your computer.

Let us know how it goes and we'll assist you further if needed.

Monica Cam, Sep 15, 2019
Thema:

1. Night Light doesn't automatically turn off in the morning - Similar Threads - Night Light doesn't

2. Deskop automatically dimming after turning on/off night light

in Windows 10 Customization
    Deskop automatically dimming after turning on/off night light: Summary of issue:Someone tapped on a bunch of keys today on my keyboard, over on the right hand side prt sc, pg up, ins, del, etc. They don't know which keys they hit, but it dimmed the screen of my desktop down to what seems like minimum brightness. It seems like Automatic...
  3. Deskop automatically dimming after turning on/off night light

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deskop automatically dimming after turning on/off night light: Summary of issue:Someone tapped on a bunch of keys today on my keyboard, over on the right hand side prt sc, pg up, ins, del, etc. They don't know which keys they hit, but it dimmed the screen of my desktop down to what seems like minimum brightness. It seems like Automatic...
  4. Deskop automatically dimming after turning on/off night light

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Night Light wont turn off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Night Light wont turn off: I recently had my laptop repaired but for whatever reason now night light wont turn off, ive tried deleting the settings from the registry editor but they keep returning after i restart the computer, ive also tried redownloading my drivers and have even tried resetting my...
  6. Night Light not turning off

Night Light not turning off: Just 2 days ago the night light setting is no longer working for me, i try to disable it from action center and from settings but it keeps closing the settings window and stays on, I have tried a lot of things to help but nothing has worked so far....
  7. Night Light Turning Off

Night Light Turning Off: I have a Surface Pro X and have been having this issue for a while now: When I turn on the Night Light and have the scheduled setting on, the night light "turns off" after my device goes to sleep for a bit and then wakes back up, even if it's after sunset. When I swipe in...
  8. Night Light won't turn off

Night Light won't turn off: I'm using Windows 10 Home Single Language Ver 1909. I turned on Night Light mode on once, and since then i can never disable it. The on/off switch on Night Light doesn't do anything. After restarting my laptop turned back to normal but after 15-20mins it automatically back to...
  9. Night Light doesn't turn off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Night Light doesn't turn off: The Night light setting on my Acer Aspire 1 laptop won't turn off unless I restart the laptop. I turn it off (although it has no effect) in the settings but it automatically turns back on when I close settings. I get constant questions why my screen is like this at school and...
  10. Night Light doesn't automatically turn off in the morning

Night Light doesn't automatically turn off in the morning: The title says it all, really. I have a Surface Pro that when I open it up in the morning, the Night Light schedule seems to be ignored, and I have to manually turn it off every morning. I suspect it has something to do with coming out of Sleep, but I'd love some guidance....