Windows 10: Night light going crazy on win 10

Discus and support Night light going crazy on win 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My Night Light used to work properly within the preset time - from 6pm - 6am. However I noticed recently after the monitor goes to sleep and wakes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tententwenty, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Night light going crazy on win 10

My Night Light used to work properly within the preset time - from 6pm - 6am.

However I noticed recently after the monitor goes to sleep and wakes up, the night light is disabled, and I have to turn off and on again to enable it.

I have already updated the drivers for my GTX960. It was working fine all along until recently.

Any advice please? Thank you.

:)

tententwenty, Sep 16, 2020

2. No Night Light

Hi allisonb1

Try these steps

Option 1. Reset Night Light-related Settings on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

If you find the night light in the Action Center or the Settings is greyed out after the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, you can fix it with the steps below:

Step 1. Use Windows shortcut keys Win + i to open Settings.

Step 2. Go to the Privacy menu.

Step 3. On the left side, choose the Location tab.

Step 4. Click the Change button under the Location for this device.

Step 5. Toggle the switch under the Location for this device to ON.

Step 6. Toggle the switch under the Location service to ON.

Step 7. Restart the computer.

Now check the Action Center or the Settings on your Windows 10 Fall Creators Update to see if the night light feature is available.

Option 2 . Modify Registry to Fix Night Light Not Working on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

If the methods above didn't work, you may need to modify the registry to fix the greyed-out night light button or the night light not working issue. Note: Windows Registry is a vital database on Windows OS computer. Any misoperation will cause server system
    problems, such as 100% disk usage issue, blue screen issue, endless reboot, etc. So it's important to backup registry before the changes.

Now let's kill the night light not working and release the pain:

Step 1. Use Windows shortcut keys Win + R to launch Run.

Step 2. Type into regedit.

Step 3. Hit the Enter key.

Step 4. Copy and paste the path into the address bar of the Registry Editor: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\CloudStore\Store\Cache\DefaultAccount

Step 5. Press the Enter key.

Step 6. Right-click the key $$windows.data.bluelightreduction.bluelightreductionstate under the DefaultAccount and select the Delete to remove it.

Step 7. Right-click the key $$windows.data.bluelightreduction.settings and select the Delete.

Step 8. Restart the computer.

Then you can go to the Action Center or the Windows Settings. The night light not working issue has been resolved now and the night light button is available.

Source:

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/73518-turn-...

https://www.drivethelife.com/windows-10/night-l...

Wilfredo_Soto, Sep 16, 2020
  3. No Night Light

Hi, Ayuni

I am Wilfredo an Independent advisor And I'm here to help you!!

How you doing today?

Try these steps

Option 1. Reset Night Light-related Settings on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

If you find the night light in the Action Center or the Settings is greyed out after the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, you can fix it with the steps below:

Step 1. Use Windows shortcut keys Win + I to open Settings.

Step 2. Go to the Privacy menu.

Step 3. On the left side, choose the Location tab.

Step 4. Click the Change button under the Location for this device.

Step 5. Toggle the switch under the Location for this device to ON.

Step 6. Toggle the switch under the Location service to ON.

Step 7. Restart the computer.

Now check the Action Center or the Settings on your Windows 10 Fall Creators Update to see if the night light feature is available.

Option 2 . Modify Registry to Fix Night Light Not Working on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

If the methods above didn't work, you may need to modify the registry to fix the greyed-out night light button or the night light not working issue. Note: Windows Registry is a vital database on Windows OS computer. Any misoperation will cause server system
    problems, such as 100% disk usage issue, blue screen issue, endless reboot, etc. So it's important to backup registry before the changes.

Now let's kill the night light not working and release the pain:

Step 1. Use Windows shortcut keys Win + R to launch Run.

Step 2. Type into regedit.

Step 3. Hit the Enter key.

Step 4. Copy and paste the path into the address bar of the Registry Editor: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\CloudStore\Store\Cache\DefaultAccount

Step 5. Press the Enter key.

Step 6. Right-click the key $$windows.data.bluelightreduction.bluelightreductionstate under the DefaultAccount and select the Delete to remove it.

Step 7. Right-click the key $$windows.data.bluelightreduction.settings and select the Delete.

Step 8. Restart the computer.

Then you can go to the Action Center or the Windows Settings. The night light not working issue has been resolved now and the night light button is available.

Source:

https://www.drivethelife.com/windows-10/night-l...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

I hope it helps you, have a nice day!!!

Wilfredo_Soto, Sep 16, 2020
  4. Eric Ber Win User

Night light going crazy on win 10

Night light

Hi,

There are several reasons why you are having issues turning on or off the Night Light settings of your Windows 10 PC after the update. To troubleshoot your Night Light settings, we suggest that you apply the steps on this

thread
    that was provided by SurenderKhokhar on April 15, 2017.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Eric Ber, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

Night light going crazy on win 10

1. Night light going crazy on win 10 - Similar Threads - Night light going

2. Asking about Night light hotkey on Win 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Asking about Night light hotkey on Win 10: Hi guys, i wonder if i'm able to activate Night light using a keyboard hotkey ?, is it available on windows 10 ? or i'm forced to click on the Night light mode from the right side bar ?...
  3. Night light not going on - what's going on?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Night light not going on - what's going on?: I have Night light turned, set to engage every day sunset-sunrise. However, if my computer was asleep/suspended while those hours happened, night mode won't come on by itself. Is there anything anywhere to set or reset? Further I'm not even sure if that suspend thing is to...
  4. Night light going crazy on win 10

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Night light going crazy on win 10: My Night Light used to work properly within the preset time - from 6pm - 6am. However I noticed recently after the monitor goes to sleep and wakes up, the night light is disabled, and I have to turn off and on again to enable it. I have already updated the drivers for my...
  5. night light

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    night light: i just updated my computer and now the night light isn't working. I have tried restarting and logging off but nothing. it says its on but the light doesn't change. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/night-light/3db35801-de99-47fa-a530-69bfd713d5f3
  6. Night Light

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Night Light: Hi, I use f.lux to control the blue light filter, as I started using it before Creator's Update. I wanted to know if Windows 10's Night Light can adapt the intensity of the filter depending on the time. f.lux is crescendo throughout the night warming colors and so,...
  7. night light

night light: my nightlight quit working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/night-light/3c875bcd-a76f-46ac-aec3-83ee7302f284
  8. Night light

Night light: night light turns on automatically when I turn my screen on after sometime of inactivity. It has been happening since I updated windows 10 to version 1903. I can't turn it off unless I restart my computer. How can I fix this?...
  9. NIGHT LIGHT

NIGHT LIGHT: Okay so hey yah. I just got my laptop back from hp repairing my keyboard and now my brightness WONT GO DOWN! I can not enjoy my laptop because of the strain on my eyes. I tried to turn on the night light setting thing and its greyed-out. I have no access to it. I tried...
  10. No Night Light

No Night Light: I do not have the Night Light feature although I believe that I have my Windows updated to the latest version. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/no-night-light/897c6f1c-5d8a-449f-acec-5617643d4765