Windows 10: Night light greyed out on Windows 10 version 2004

Discus and support Night light greyed out on Windows 10 version 2004 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My night light decided to stop working randomly, it is now stuck on. I have tried various registry fixes, reinstalling nvidia GPU drivers, enabling... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, Oct 5, 2020.

1. Night light greyed out on Windows 10 version 2004

My night light decided to stop working randomly, it is now stuck on.
    I have tried various registry fixes, reinstalling nvidia GPU drivers, enabling location, /sfc /scannow, a different user profile, and still the issue persists

The only thing I remember doing before it broke was I used my monitor as an external display on my laptop, since then the Night light has been greyed out

I would really like to avoid reinstalling windows

If night light can't be fixed, can anyone advise how I can counter the orange effect with nvidia colour settings? I have turned down the brightness for Red and up for Blue but it still has an overall orange tint

:)

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, Oct 5, 2020

2. No Night Light

Hi allisonb1

Try these steps

Option 1. Reset Night Light-related Settings on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

If you find the night light in the Action Center or the Settings is greyed out after the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, you can fix it with the steps below:

Step 1. Use Windows shortcut keys Win + i to open Settings.

Step 2. Go to the Privacy menu.

Step 3. On the left side, choose the Location tab.

Step 4. Click the Change button under the Location for this device.

Step 5. Toggle the switch under the Location for this device to ON.

Step 6. Toggle the switch under the Location service to ON.

Step 7. Restart the computer.

Now check the Action Center or the Settings on your Windows 10 Fall Creators Update to see if the night light feature is available.

Option 2 . Modify Registry to Fix Night Light Not Working on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

If the methods above didn't work, you may need to modify the registry to fix the greyed-out night light button or the night light not working issue. Note: Windows Registry is a vital database on Windows OS computer. Any misoperation will cause server system
    problems, such as 100% disk usage issue, blue screen issue, endless reboot, etc. So it's important to backup registry before the changes.

Now let's kill the night light not working and release the pain:

Step 1. Use Windows shortcut keys Win + R to launch Run.

Step 2. Type into regedit.

Step 3. Hit the Enter key.

Step 4. Copy and paste the path into the address bar of the Registry Editor: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\CloudStore\Store\Cache\DefaultAccount

Step 5. Press the Enter key.

Step 6. Right-click the key $$windows.data.bluelightreduction.bluelightreductionstate under the DefaultAccount and select the Delete to remove it.

Step 7. Right-click the key $$windows.data.bluelightreduction.settings and select the Delete.

Step 8. Restart the computer.

Then you can go to the Action Center or the Windows Settings. The night light not working issue has been resolved now and the night light button is available.

Source:

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/73518-turn-...

https://www.drivethelife.com/windows-10/night-l...

Wilfredo_Soto, Oct 5, 2020
  3. ROSKIM Win User
    Night Light option greyed out

The NIGHT LIGHT option is greyed out. Had tried various suggestions including edit the registry and restart. The option is still greyed out. Am using an ASUS UX331U with Nvidia Geforce. Would appreciate help to resolve this.

ROSKIM, Oct 5, 2020
  4. Night light greyed out on Windows 10 version 2004

No Night Light

Hi, Ayuni

I am Wilfredo an Independent advisor And I'm here to help you!!

How you doing today?

Try these steps

Option 1. Reset Night Light-related Settings on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

If you find the night light in the Action Center or the Settings is greyed out after the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, you can fix it with the steps below:

Step 1. Use Windows shortcut keys Win + I to open Settings.

Step 2. Go to the Privacy menu.

Step 3. On the left side, choose the Location tab.

Step 4. Click the Change button under the Location for this device.

Step 5. Toggle the switch under the Location for this device to ON.

Step 6. Toggle the switch under the Location service to ON.

Step 7. Restart the computer.

Now check the Action Center or the Settings on your Windows 10 Fall Creators Update to see if the night light feature is available.

Option 2 . Modify Registry to Fix Night Light Not Working on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

If the methods above didn't work, you may need to modify the registry to fix the greyed-out night light button or the night light not working issue. Note: Windows Registry is a vital database on Windows OS computer. Any misoperation will cause server system
    problems, such as 100% disk usage issue, blue screen issue, endless reboot, etc. So it's important to backup registry before the changes.

Now let's kill the night light not working and release the pain:

Step 1. Use Windows shortcut keys Win + R to launch Run.

Step 2. Type into regedit.

Step 3. Hit the Enter key.

Step 4. Copy and paste the path into the address bar of the Registry Editor: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\CloudStore\Store\Cache\DefaultAccount

Step 5. Press the Enter key.

Step 6. Right-click the key $$windows.data.bluelightreduction.bluelightreductionstate under the DefaultAccount and select the Delete to remove it.

Step 7. Right-click the key $$windows.data.bluelightreduction.settings and select the Delete.

Step 8. Restart the computer.

Then you can go to the Action Center or the Windows Settings. The night light not working issue has been resolved now and the night light button is available.

Source:

https://www.drivethelife.com/windows-10/night-l...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

I hope it helps you, have a nice day!!!

Wilfredo_Soto, Oct 5, 2020
Thema:

Night light greyed out on Windows 10 version 2004

1. Night light greyed out on Windows 10 version 2004 - Similar Threads - Night light greyed

2. Night light grayed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Night light grayed out: So I was trying to turn on night light when I noticed it was grayed out. I use night light alot and for some reason it was grayed out. I tried everything from updating my drivers to deleting blue reduction state to restarting my computer and yet nothing works. I love using...
  3. Grey Night Light Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Grey Night Light Settings: Hello!My bight light settings are grey, and cant switch ON or OFFI deleted the registry$$windows.data.bluelightreduction.bluelightreductionstate $$windows.data.bluelightreduction.settingsand still not workCan u help me?...
  4. Grey Night Light Settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Grey Night Light Settings: Hello!My bight light settings are grey, and cant switch ON or OFFI deleted the registry$$windows.data.bluelightreduction.bluelightreductionstate $$windows.data.bluelightreduction.settingsand still not workCan u help me?...
  5. Grey Night Light Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. my night light is greyed out

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    my night light is greyed out: if i try to turn on night light it is greyed out and nothing is working submitted by /u/StepBro_Flux [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ngdg7k/my_night_light_is_greyed_out/
  7. The night light mode greyed out Win10

in Windows 10 Customization
    The night light mode greyed out Win10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] As shown. I cant even turn on the night light mode as the button turn grey. [ATTACH] I tried the method provided in the community Delete the registry but still doesn't work for me. Please help! Thanks in advance....
  8. night light is grayed out.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    night light is grayed out.: when my windows 10 updated to windows 10 1909 version , night light is grayed out. i took some steps including deleting night option setting from registry editor but it's still grayed out. what can i do now?...
  9. Night Light option greyed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Night Light option greyed out: The NIGHT LIGHT option is greyed out. Had tried various suggestions including edit the registry and restart. The option is still greyed out. Am using an ASUS UX331U with Nvidia Geforce. Would appreciate help to resolve this....
  10. night light greyed out? Stopped working

in Windows 10 Support
    night light greyed out? Stopped working: So I upgraded to creator update and tried the night light function once and it worked. Today it is greyed out and can not be enabled, anyone had this issue? 81333